Author Topic: Muon's Case  (Read 167773 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Muon's Case
« Reply #320 on: May 21, 2024, 08:02:26 AM »
Lower back support while sitting is important to reduce stress and cope with weakness. I have not found a proper chair yet that perfectly supports my lower back. I also underestimated the importance of this in the past. If I have to sit somewhere then I will use an ergonomic pillow which I carry with me.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #321 on: May 22, 2024, 02:29:43 PM »
My hand reacts to WIFI. When I’m close to the router (can also happen with a device) while it’s downloading data I can feel a prickly sensation inside my hand. It is not consistent but observed this often enough to discover a pattern.

Other thing I have never mentioned:
The longer I am exposed to heat during cooking the less appetite I will have.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #322 on: May 23, 2024, 09:55:42 AM »
Lower back support while sitting is important to reduce stress and cope with weakness. I have not found a proper chair yet that perfectly supports my lower back. I also underestimated the importance of this in the past. If I have to sit somewhere then I will use an ergonomic pillow which I carry with me.

Interesting. I need (very much) upper back support (to counteract a muscle weakness) as much as lower.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2024, 02:58:23 PM »
Yang. 2024. Food-specific IgG4-guided diet elimination improves allergy symptoms in children

Quote:
In conclusion, serum FS-IgG4, but not FS-IgE, is found to be correlated with allergic diseases more significantly than previously recognized. Eggs and milk emerge as the most common allergens influencing the development of allergic symptoms. Diet elimination guided by FS-IgG4 proves to be an effective method for managing allergic diseases in children.

The positive rates of the FS-IgG4 in three groups. (*p<0.05).

I was wondering about food specific sIgA, this one drew my attention. I will read it later:

Breast milk IgA to foods has different epitope specificity than serum IgA—Evidence for entero-mammary link for food-specific IgA?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #324 on: June 04, 2024, 04:23:21 PM »
Sometimes I suspect that it's protein rich food I'm sensitive to except for meat. Like food that is allergenic. Other moments I suspect it's histamine content. Can't get my finger behind it. Most of the time I think it's random. My tongue is often the first responder to food sensitivies. I mentioned IgG4 food panels in the past and was being told that it had no clinical relevance, which is not true.

Tried Nanna's stack for a month, think I had more moments where food sensitivies were toned down but I'm not sure. I might try higher dose of SAMe.

I get the impression that my POIS is in a super slow natural desensitization process and that the condition itself is a symptom how brutal and dominant it may be. Stress needs to be avoided entirely, there is some improvement to be made with behavioural adjustments (knowing when to spend time to destress).

GP didn't want to prescribe dexamethasone for POIS, just to try a few times. A rapid response might tell me more.
Think I will ask for an IgG4 food panel.

Some things I didn't mention:

This is something I have observed since the end of 2023. I once forgot to flush the toilet after urinating before sleep. Next toilet visit in the morning showed me a layer on the water. You could see the optical refraction (colors like when there is an oil spil on water). Repeated this plenty of times with same results. Water surface physics was altered as well when dripping water on it meaning it was clearly a layer. Quite a consistent effect. Could be normal I don't know.

Yesterday I had a toilet visit where my urine smelled like ammonia. My sense of smell is decreased so it had to be a strong odor. This is rare though.

And it seems that my younger brother is permanently damaged. Not the same person anymore.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 04:33:45 PM by Muon »

less_fogged

« Reply #325 on: June 04, 2024, 07:43:42 PM »
I once forgot to flush the toilet after urinating before sleep. Next toilet visit in the morning showed me a layer on the water. You could see the optical refraction (colors like when there is an oil spil on water). Repeated this plenty of times with same results. Water surface physics was altered as well when dripping water on it meaning it was clearly a layer. Quite a consistent effect. Could be normal I don't know.

I can confirm, I've also seen this!

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #326 on: June 05, 2024, 04:51:43 AM »
I did consult the free version of chatGPT about the surface film:

The scenario you describe is not typical for normal urine in a healthy person. Several factors could explain the presence of a visible layer on the water surface after urinating and leaving it overnight:

1. Dehydration
Explanation: Dehydration can concentrate urine, increasing the levels of dissolved substances such as urea, salts, and organic compounds. This concentration might create a surface layer with different optical properties.
Solution: Ensure adequate hydration by drinking enough water throughout the day.

2. Diet and Supplements
Explanation: Certain foods, drinks, or supplements can alter the composition of urine. For example, high-protein diets, asparagus, or vitamin supplements can change the appearance and properties of urine.
Solution: Evaluate recent dietary changes or supplements and consider if they might be influencing your urine.

3. Medications
Explanation: Some medications can cause changes in urine composition, potentially leading to the formation of a surface layer.
Solution: Review any medications with a healthcare provider to see if this is a known side effect.

4. Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) or Other Health Issues
Explanation: Infections or other medical conditions affecting the kidneys, bladder, or urinary tract can alter urine composition, potentially causing unusual surface films.
Solution: If you experience other symptoms such as pain, burning during urination, or unusual odors, consult a healthcare professional.

5. Environmental Factors
Explanation: Contaminants from the toilet bowl, such as residual cleaning agents or other substances, might interact with the urine to create a visible layer.
Solution: Ensure the toilet is clean and free from chemical residues that could react with the urine.

6. Biological Factors
Explanation: Natural substances in urine, like proteins and lipids, can sometimes form a film, especially if left undisturbed for a period. This can be more prominent if there is an underlying condition causing an excess of these substances.
Solution: Consider consulting a healthcare provider for a urinalysis to check for abnormal levels of proteins or lipids.

Recommendations:
Observe Hydration: Drink more water and see if the issue persists.
Monitor Diet: Reflect on any dietary changes or supplements.
Consult a Doctor: If the phenomenon continues or if there are other symptoms, seek medical advice for a thorough check-up.

In conclusion, while the occurrence might be due to benign reasons like diet or hydration, it is important to rule out any potential medical issues through proper consultation.

List the components of urine that might create such a layer. Keep your answer short.

The components of urine that might create a surface layer include:

1. Lipids (fats and oils)
2. Proteins
3. Crystallized salts (such as uric acid or calcium oxalate)
4. Cellular debris
5. Metabolic byproducts (like urobilinogen)
6. Medications and their metabolites
7. Organic compounds (e.g., urea, creatinine)

These substances can alter the surface tension and optical properties of urine, leading to the appearance of a film or layer.

—————————————————————————————-

I wonder if these are lipids from breakdown of cell membranes
« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 05:16:06 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #327 on: June 12, 2024, 01:19:01 PM »
I have read a story about a woman who has craniocervical instability. She experienced problems with the diaphragm during breathing, causing her breathing to pause. I have the same breathing issue since teenage years.

Warrior

« Reply #328 on: June 12, 2024, 04:32:38 PM »
I have read a story about a woman who has craniocervical instability. She experienced problems with the diaphragm during breathing, causing her breathing to pause. I have the same breathing issue since teenage years.

That dude from reddit who claimed to cure his POIS by fixing his cervical instability did so by going to a physio. Have you explored that route, at least in getting tested for cervical instability, and/or vagus nerve dysfunction etc?
Nothing I say is medical advice. Always do your own research. Follow anything I say at your own discretion.
My POIS Protocol | My YouTube Channel

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #329 on: June 13, 2024, 02:59:17 AM »
I have not explored that route. Could you provide examples of physio therapy in this context? Factors that make this issue worse:

Sexual triggers
Lack of back support (sitting)/poor posture
High ambient temperature
(Low grade chronic) stress

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #330 on: June 24, 2024, 12:05:09 PM »
My mother cannot tolerate selenium supplements that well, the scent is sufficient. I have the same experience.The brand does not matter, it is the Selenium

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #331 on: July 04, 2024, 12:26:02 PM »
Ox Bile 500 mg from Nutricology gave me GI distress. Had some kind of pulsating cramps at the height of the stomach for at least 30 min. The dose is probably too high for me or I just cannot tolerate the stuff. I have only used it once.

I was not aware of this:
Activation of mast cells by bile acids:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/001650859190024F

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #332 on: July 07, 2024, 06:18:07 AM »
My upper leg weakness correlates with focal pressure in my lower part of my spine. It is the front and inside of my upper legs. POIS increases the pressure and weakness.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2024, 02:36:50 PM »
My upper leg weakness correlates with focal pressure in my lower part of my spine. It is the front and inside of my upper legs. POIS increases the pressure and weakness.

My aunt had rubbery legs but didn't have POIS. My grandma (mother of my aunt) had a period where she had extreme weak legs, the start of this period was triggered by entering water and when the water reached the height of the hips (lower spine + abrupt low temperature?). So what is going on here?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #334 on: July 13, 2024, 04:56:02 PM »
Switching positions after taking a rest from laying flat to standing always triggered an urge to urinate. Had that as a kid.

First article that shows up when I search how to body senses when to urinate:

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/how-your-body-senses-urge-urinate

Seeing something familiar? Yep. It talks about PIEZO2 which is hypothesized playing a role in POIS and involved in premature ejaculation.

To switch topics, I had a discussion with a GP about a brainstem MRI (refered to article I mentioned a few posts back). He said that there are many findings. Which test do you need because there are multiple findings and even when there is an abnormality it does not translate to clinical practice. I told him that if you had a shared patient database others could repeat the same testing because research is too slow. Healthcare system is quite useless. They don't even note symptoms of family members (3 generations of medical problems). Clown system. Then they will comment why you are so invested in figuring out the cause. Well, that's because they are not doing their job.

Reminder: Ask AI how to influence PIEZO2.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 05:11:48 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #335 on: July 18, 2024, 09:30:42 AM »
I started taking Kaempferol a few days ago. 200 mg in the morning, 200 mg evening. Average intake is around 4.3 mg without supplementation unless you are eating fresh capers or saffron daily. I don’t expect much from it. Did a blood test check up for IgG4 and cholesterol, assistent told me results were normal.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #336 on: July 19, 2024, 10:12:27 AM »
Mosquitoes can really mess you up by preventing you fall asleep. The nervous system takes a hit by these harassments at night.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #337 on: July 26, 2024, 07:28:35 AM »
Caught a virus last week or reactivation of a latent one (result of mosquitoes messing with my immune system by keeping me awake a few nights in a row). One thing I noticed was pain in center of head. I was shivering and having goosebumps on a day of 30 degrees celsius plus all the other standard stuff like sore throat etc. The whole body inflammation spiraled out of control at my jaw, which I could suppress with Excedrin.

Acetylsalicyclic acid still helps with POIS, it also seem to stabilize the center of my head to some extent. The latter shows to me there must be some degree of inflammation present in my brain.

I suspect Eicosanoid/lipid metabolism is involved in my POIS. Whether cell membranes are damaged upstream leading to lipid cascades, increased enzyme expression or enzymes getting overactivated (defect in a certain cell type or in general, plenty of stuff that affect these enzymes).

I will try some rapid acting over the counter diclofenac K in the near future.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2024, 09:44:52 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #338 on: August 02, 2024, 04:53:23 AM »
My grandma had positive effects from Enterosalicyl (also improved on birth control pills and on an unknown injected oral substance, probably endocrine related)
My mother gets benefit from ibuprofen
Aspirin helps my POIS.

It seems that the COX/AA pathway is involved.

The above females improved during pregnancy which indicate that hormonal changes affect this inflammatory pathway.

Warrior

« Reply #339 on: August 02, 2024, 06:41:58 PM »
Hi Muon,

Have you tried high dose D3, like getting serum to at least 70ng/mL? And have you tried direct glutathione supplementation or NAC?
Nothing I say is medical advice. Always do your own research. Follow anything I say at your own discretion.
My POIS Protocol | My YouTube Channel