Author Topic: Muon's Case  (Read 167772 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Muon's Case
« Reply #260 on: April 15, 2023, 03:33:01 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histamine_N-methyltransferase#Genetic_variants

"Although the relationship between histamine and IL-8 has not been fully studied as of 2020, it is known that histamine can increase the expression of IL-8 through H1 receptors in vitro and enhance the release of IL-8 in different cell types."

Histamine induces interleukin-8 secretion by endothelial cells

"These data suggest that histamine may be involved in the control of the late inflammatory reaction associated to allergic disorders through IL-8 secretion by EC."

Role of interleukin 8 in depression and other psychiatric disorders

IL-8 is produced early in the inflammatory response, possibly persisting for days or weeks, unlike most other inflammatory cytokines that are produced and cleared within a few hours (Remick, 2005). Thus, IL-8 might be specific for more chronic inflammatory changes in neurodegenerative and neuropsychological alterations in the brain.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 06:13:51 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2023, 10:51:31 AM »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #262 on: July 02, 2023, 12:36:00 PM »
If exposure to high ambient temperatures lasts too long it will build up to state where it is on the brink of some sort of systemic breakdown. That's how I developed POTS 10 years ago. It was a combination of heat and stress that pushed it over the red line.

I do think POIS en POTS are symptoms of something else.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 02:17:28 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2023, 12:28:43 PM »
(delayed) weakness has become the dominant POIS symptom for me. Not because it worsened but because it didn't improve as much as other symptoms did.

Warrior

« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2023, 07:38:27 PM »
(delayed) weakness has become the dominant POIS symptom for me. Not because it worsened but because it didn't improve as much as other symptoms did.

I noticed red meat & eggs helped a lot with improving my weakness symptoms, addition to cutting plant inflammatory foods.
Nothing I say is medical advice. Always do your own research. Follow anything I say at your own discretion.
My POIS Protocol | My YouTube Channel

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2023, 04:00:51 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eicosanoid

"Redness - An insect's sting will trigger the classic inflammatory response. Short acting vasoconstrictors - TXA2 - are released quickly after the injury. The site may momentarily turn pale. Then TXA2 mediates the release of the vasodilators PGE2 and LTB4. The blood vessels engorge and the injury reddens.

Swelling - LTB4 makes the blood vessels more permeable. Plasma leaks out into the connective tissues, and they swell. The process also loses pro-inflammatory cytokines.
"

Orgasm ---> increased blood vessel permeability/leaky vessels ----> temporary loss of (pro-inflammatory) cytokines
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 09:20:23 PM by Muon »

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2023, 03:01:34 AM »
Pale

What about our Indian POIS friends?
Or Southern Chinese?
Or African ancestry?

BTW, I have

Gene: OCA2
Variant: c.1441G>A  (CT)
This variant is associated with lower melanin production and may result in less pigmentation in skin or eyes. The variant is suggested to play a role in oculocutaneous albinism when combined with more severe variants, but these findings lack statistical significance.
 Freq: 0.7987% rare

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #267 on: October 21, 2023, 07:00:28 AM »
Why have I never been questioned about Central Sensitization by a medical professional?
"To recognize CS, question the patient for hypersensitivity to touch, bright light, sound, smell, hot or cold sensations, mechanical loading of musculoskeletal tissues, and all kinds of physical, mental and emotional stressors."

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #268 on: November 06, 2023, 12:46:32 PM »
Ate a new product, coconut yoghurt (high fat), which induced exploding Diarrhoea. Food sensitivities are mild in general at this moment and suddenly getting an extreme reaction from a certain product. Didn’t feel sick before or after eating it.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #269 on: November 13, 2023, 09:10:12 AM »
The middle of my head seem to be coupled to my heart (and cardiovascular system). If I feel changes in my head I feel something going on with the heart. Sexual triggers affect middle of my head and thus affects heart.

I once ate L-Dopa (Mucuna Pruriens) + L-Tyrosine. A few pills, dose was unkown. I felt it affected the middle of my head briefly and affected my cardiovascular system, felt much lighter systemically (better circulation?). I was never able to replicate this effect.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 09:27:00 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #270 on: November 20, 2023, 01:44:26 PM »
Ate a new product, coconut yoghurt (high fat), which induced exploding Diarrhoea. Food sensitivities are mild in general at this moment and suddenly getting an extreme reaction from a certain product. Didn’t feel sick before or after eating it.

Had watery diarrhea today. Ate some grass fed cow butter. It seems there is a limit to the amount of butter I can handle. Is there a fat absorption or lipid metabolism problem in the GI tract?

Frank

« Reply #271 on: November 22, 2023, 12:41:05 AM »
Sometimes going from 0-100 can cause these kind of problems. You could try a more gradual introduction to see where your limit is.

Have you investigated your stomach acidity?

The duodenum which comes after the stomach mixes together the food + acid + bile and this processes causes the food to be pulverised.

A lack of bile or acid can cause  undigested food to pass through causing an upset stomach.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #272 on: December 06, 2023, 01:26:06 PM »
Sometimes going from 0-100 can cause these kind of problems. You could try a more gradual introduction to see where your limit is.
Indeed

Have you investigated your stomach acidity?
No, I had moments, especially in 2013 when POTS peaked, that food felt like a brick sitting in stomach doing nothing. I expect it to be on the lower side.

The first symptom arose during breast feeding at age 2 days. Cardiac Pulse faded until it was gone. They gave me smaller portions and it didn't happen again.

My guess: I think that neural networks were overloaded. I have this problem to this day, portion size puts a load on my brain and on some systemic network. Digestion in stomach can affect my respiratory rate for example. It feels like the body has to work harder, as in, providing/directing power but at the cost of other functions. That's why the cardiac pulse probably went weaker when I were a baby.

My uncle, as a baby, had a reaction to porridge (gut). Had to be taken to the intensive care unit.

Then you have POIS. Orgasm can make me feel weak (nervous system?). Add that digestive effect on top of it when eating during POIS mode and it will be even more difficult to digest stuff. There is also a local contact reaction going on between food and stomach for some type of foods, but I think that is immune related.

Large meal size can also be more demanding (on my neural networks?) when relatively powerfull peristaltic movement of gut is necessary. 

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #273 on: January 26, 2024, 11:58:15 AM »
Could not connect to poiscenter. I have to use a VPN located outside of The Netherlands, that solved it.

Started with Methylene Blue (24-1-24). Saw the thread on poiscenter and actually know a guy who is into hacking health (is healthy himself) and is using MB with red light therapy because of its properties. 1 gram MB powder (CZTL) on 100 mL water. I'm taking 10 drops (5mg) in the morning and 10 drops before sleep. No issues so far.

It seems to have a blocking effect on the Vagus nerve: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00781015

There are periods where the back of my head is more sensitive to pressure. Had problems last week, prior to MB therapy. Just laying down on a pillow alone (face to ceiling) triggered dizzyness, fever-like feeling (hot), nausea and had to throw up.

I had two events in my back 4/5 years ago and described it here on poiscenter in my thread. Never recovered fully from these events. Tissue in my back never functioned like it was before. It seems like one side (lower right back, close to spine) that has been affected communicates with the middle of my brain and slightly right of that position.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 07:19:51 PM by Muon »

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2024, 08:36:39 AM »
Niacin flush gives symptoms

Have you considered a lower dose (e.g. 30mg)? In my case niacin was useful without any apparent flushing.
Niacin may also inhibit IL-8:
Niacin inhibits fat accumulation, oxidative stress, and inflammatory cytokine IL-8 in cultured hepatocytes: Impact on non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0026049515001341
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #275 on: January 30, 2024, 09:12:01 AM »
Have you considered a lower dose (e.g. 30mg)? In my case niacin was useful without any apparent flushing.
I will take a look at slow release niacin in the future (if that even exist).

My mother told me that her mother used birth control pills because she was feeling better on them even though she didn't need them (used it later in life after she had given birth to 4 children).

https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=14697.msg478002#msg478002

Giggly:
"I truly thought I was the only woman alive experiencing this.  For me, this all started AFTER menopause (I'm 53) and no longer had to take birth control pills (I was on those for 20+ years).  I thought maybe those two things combined were causing this.  After intercourse, I would feel nauseous, dizzy, stuffy nose, sneezing.  This lasts for 4-6 hours.  I thought I was going crazy.  I read somewhere that taking Benadryl 30 minutes before intimacy would help, and it does, but just a bit.  Sure would like to find out more info. on this subject for women."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_oral_contraceptive_pill#Formulations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_control_pill_formulations
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 09:18:22 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2024, 11:51:59 AM »
Loperamide, Imodium helped him with POIS (selective peripheral mu-opioid agonist)
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1ah6c15/loperamide_helped_me/
"It's probably been a month since I tried it from pois. This was enough for me to observe that there was a positive effect. An important question regarding the dosage is approximately 2 tablets of 2 mg at a time before lunch and two in the evening. And this is enough for me to feel like a healthy person. I'm still in the process of learning, but I already wanted to share this information. If you take it before orgasm, then the symptoms of pois do not occur, if after orgasm, as soon as you start to feel bad, I drink it and after about 30 minutes everything is fine."

Haven't tried this extensively, especially with regards to POIS, but notice its effects the first time I took it even at the lowest dose. This stuff feels like an analgesic drug to me. Feels like it dampens unnecessary signaling. I don't get the impression that it adresses the core issue but rather masks symptoms systemically. Reminds me a bit of CBD. It prolongs the time between toilet visits. They should have tried this ~19 years ago when IBS (loose stools) started to develop, instead, they gave me fiber which worsened IBS. Poiscenter member Prospero had succes with mu-opioids.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #277 on: February 08, 2024, 10:21:04 AM »
I'm sensitive to the acidic form of vit C (to any acid for that matter). Used calcium ascorbate for a while which is much better tolerable. I prefer sodium ascorbate powder over calcium ascorbate tablets. Can't say it does something but still taking it.

Tested Zinc for years on and off. Get the impression it helps my general health slightly (feels like it increases some kind of resistance against triggers such as stress) but is only noticeable if I stop using it. Just popping in a pill isn't noticeable.

NAC 1200 mg: it dampens the weird feeling in the middle of my head slightly.

Note:
I had a scan of my heart a few years ago. Some veins had to be made wider for the scan and they used Sublingual Nitroglycerin. I could feel it had a short-lived focal effect (minutes) on the middle/center of my head. Not negative nor positive, just a different feeling.

My short term memory improved somewhat lately, sharper. Could be a fluke. Still taking low dose Methylene Blue.

Get the impression high quality strong coffee is beneficial for POIS. It's slightly noticeable though.

Premature evaluation:
Excedrin works for POIS. Haven't timed an O properly yet on Tmax of the components. Also works when taken immediately after orgasm. Had stomach irritation once as side effect.
Fexofenadine 24h 120 mg: Can't say it does something for POIS yet. I feel it has a minor effect on mild baseline symptoms out of POIS.
Ibuprofen: Doesn't seem to do anything.

Summary:
The only thing worth mentioning regarding POIS is Excedrin.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 10:51:36 AM by Muon »

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2024, 02:07:05 AM »
Summary:
The only thing worth mentioning regarding POIS is Excedrin.

Acetaminophen has been shown to rescue neuronal cells from mitochondrial redox impairment, lipoperoxidative products and MDA generation. Furthermore, acetaminophen also reduced the cytoplasmic accumulation of peroxides. Acetylsalicylic acid and acetaminophen inhibit lipid peroxidation and cell damage, in vivo, in the rat hippocampus.
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0035677
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2024, 05:06:10 AM »
There is a paper that shows that salicylic acid binds (not COX related) to the circulating and relatively stable metabolite of PGF2 of page 1. Can’t find the specific article. Nanna1 went into detail with inhibition of eicosanoid cascades, no point in doing that here again. There is also a progesterone/prostaglandin ratio that affects lymphocytes. AM404: https://academic.oup.com/bjaed/article/14/4/153/293533
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0006295205000377
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1567576907000033
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 09:55:35 AM by Muon »