Author Topic: Muon's Case  (Read 24534 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Muon's Case
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2020, 11:52:48 AM »
I keep getting surprised how well I fare outside during winter times when ambient temperatures are near 0 degrees celsius. I have posted a few papers in this thread about Cold effects. I should collect them. Saw these papers on the CFS forum:

Possible use of repeated cold stress for reducing fatigue in chronic fatigue syndrome: a hypothesis
Adapted cold shower as a potential treatment for depression
Hydrotherapy as a possible neuroleptic and sedative treatment

My metabolism speeds up. Better and quicker digestion. Muscles feel different, lighter and stronger. Quicker muscle repair (or is it reduced muscle fatigue?). Brain fog and cognitive function can improve as well. I get the impression that local soft tissue partially 'clears up'. I need to adapt/acclimate to cold otherwise it's too stressful though.

Low opioid tone....hmmm...HOD fared better during winter and gets relief of POIS symptoms by benzodiazepines. My brother same story heat intolerance, feels much better during cold and also gets relief of POIS symptoms by benzodiazepines.

Before I forget: My mother took a walk outside for about 10 min during a summer day, last summer and felt nauseous from the heat of the sun.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 11:58:54 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2020, 11:13:29 AM »
You can have fatty liver even with in range results. Read my post, maybe it helps, i got better when dealing with bile production and fatty liver. But fatty liver is not mandatory to have low bile production, it can be hereditary.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3203.105
I also have diagnosed fatty liver.
...it's like these pills are helping liver to detox and to produce bile and clean toxic stuff from blood.

Probably a molecule(s) that isn't part of standard lab test. In the past my facial skin and eyes would turn yellow from POIS. My liver still reacts (especially to stress). Aside from detox overload there could be inflammation present damaging hepatic cells which leads to leakage of liver enzymes.

One guy in literature with a fatty liver and elevated liver enzymes. See table 1 https://f1000research.com/articles/2-113

SIBO and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (I have placed this link in the SIBO poll thread as well)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 12:07:23 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2020, 05:15:42 PM »
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/rapid-complete-recovery-from-an-autism-spectrum-disorder-after-treatment-of-aspergillus-with-the-antifungal-drugs-itraconazole-and-sporanox.82345/

Dysbiotic microbiota in autistic children and their mothers: persistence of fungal and bacterial wall-deficient L-form variants in blood

"In conclusion, cell wall-deficient variants of opportunistic bacteria and fungi were recovered from blood of autistic children and their mothers. CWD converted under appropriate conditions of cultivation into detectable bacteria and fungi. The unifying finding for autistic children and their mothers was the presence in blood of wall-free variants from life-cycle of Aspergillus fumigatus, a phenomenon of fungal “colonization” or “silent infection”. It can be assumed that autistic children may be born with fungal colonization acquired from mothers by transplacental pathway. “Silent aspergillosis” may strongly influence development of immune and nervous systems in the early childhood and be a leading cause for neurodevelopmental disorders."

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2020, 01:03:03 PM »
Bile regulates good/bad bacteria, it prevents SIBO, if the colon has bad bacteria i get POIS due to undigested food get to colon and bad bacteria making gasses like methane and hydrogen sulfide, which is getting to blood and into brain and then i get POIS symptoms.

If I eat a big meal and digestion is off whether it is due to low stomach acid, POIS, blood flow problems (I get the impression it's rather a decrease in blood supply), POTS, then I feel a lump of food traveling through my intestines. I'm more sensitive to friction at one area (same area where I had exploding pain once due to hot weather condition). Stool is never well shaped or colored when this happens. Sometimes it smells like cow manure instead of human feces.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 01:08:31 PM by Muon »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2020, 03:23:08 PM »
Indigestion, specualy in pois cascade, nerwes do not work properly,
if nerwes do not work as they should, digestion and guts is stucked.
Dr-pois.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2020, 05:28:49 PM »
I had an orgasm. I get the impression that the fatigue originates inside my brain, a small focal area, somewhere near the center. It warped me into a state that is similar when I'm trying to exercise and go over a threshold. Another impression I get is that something is depleted, like I'm missing some kind of juice. Very vague but wanted to throw this out there.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2020, 06:01:39 PM »
IL-8 serum: 89.8 pg/ml

Comparative evaluation of Inflammatory cells and Interleukins in Irritable Bowel Syndrome subtypes

"On correlating Interleukins with mast cells and IELs,  significant positive correlation was seen only between IL-8 and mast cells"

"But our observation is supported by the paper of Patrixet al who have stated that IBS patients have increased serum concentration of IL-8 which is the main cytokine responsible for attraction of mast cells and granulocytes."

Didn't know IL-8 was an attractor of mast cells...if epithelial cells in the GI tract release this chronically then IL-8 gradients may lead to infiltrates of MCs. IL-8 is the main cytokine in MCs (MCs attracting MCs via IL-8?)

Scoping of my stomach revealed a patch of redness, this could be a macroscopic sign of inflammation.

https://youtu.be/lrKqlv6VK_w?t=320

Healthcare doesn't investigate these things, GI biopsy + staining for CD117.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 06:13:29 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2020, 06:59:47 AM »
Altered peripheral toll-like receptor responses in the irritable bowel syndrome

Potential increased activity of peripheral TLR3 or TLR7.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 07:20:21 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2020, 01:30:25 PM »
Plasma Endothelin Level in the Acute Stage of Bell Palsy

wow I never read this thread till today and was frozen while reading.  Moun's your symptom match mine.  Thank you for sharing these links.  Not to badger you, but the link you posted: Impairment of microcirculation of the facial nerves catches my attention, talks about: Endothelin, which has potent vasoconstrictive effects, may contribute to the pathogenesis of the microcirculatory impairment that occurs in patients with Bell palsy, mainly by promoting secondary ischemia.  I dont follow since we POISers have low BP and Endothelin constrict vessels raising BP.  During POIS, I get severe burning in my Palsy areas, as if nerves are trying to fire up but unable to.  When I take vasodilatory things (specially a med, gabapentin) that burning sensation stops but I dont know if vasodilatory is the key or its something else the key that helps.  But I know that POIS creates a burning sensation also across all distal peripherals, like ankles, wrists, exact symptoms of Raynaud syndrome.

In tuning the brain, when looking at the chapter about RESPIRATORY RHYTHM REGULATION (which I can have problems with) endothelin is mentioned.

"Respiratory rhythm is generated in and around the pre-Botzinger complex, a morphologically defined region in the lower brainstem. The network is regulated by various neuromodulators, all of which are important in neurosomatic disorders (Figure 7), especially SP acting at the neurokinin-1R."

"Many, if not most, of the symptoms related to neurosomatic disorders are caused by autonomic dysfunction which may be a result of inappropriate endothelin secretion. Blocking endothelin receptors may be an important way to treat neurosomatic disorders in the future"

"Endothelin, being one of the most vasoconstrictive substances known, could account for the increased global cerebral hypoperfusion seen after fatiguing stimuli, notably exercise but also after mental tasks."

"A considerable amount of experimental evidence indicates that endothelin plays a role in neurosomatic disorders. It stimulates NGF secretion (high in FMS CSF) and activates phospholipase A2."

"Most sympathetic ganglionic neurons can express considerable quantities of both endothelin-3 and endothelin-1 and have been suggested to rapidly release the former into the circulation during exercise"

"All neurosomatic patients who respond to treatment reduce their global cerebral blood flow"

Edit: and NGF can selectively increase IgG4. Swell had a Bell's palsy as well if I'm not mistaken. Regarding use of Gabapentin:

"The effects of endothelin on sensory gating have not been studied, but activation of the endothelin A receptor (there are A and B receptors that work quite differently) caused reduction in a potassium KATP channel response produced by activation of the muopioid receptor (done also by morphine-like drugs, gabapentin, minoxidil, and clonidine). Because these agents are often beneficial for neurosomatic disorders, endothelin’s blocking of KATP channels makes it even more implicated in neurosomatic pathophysiology."

"Both adenosine and gabapentin decrease pain in many patients with FMS by decreasing hyperactive neuronal activity. Gabapentin selectively opens KATP channels."

It also mentions that if pain is induced by endothelin, that NSAIDs will not work but benzodiazepines do.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 02:04:31 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2021, 06:18:38 PM »
Update: I have created some tables with data from July:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2545.msg32239#msg32239

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2021, 02:19:44 PM »
House MD season 4 episode 11 'Frozen'. 31:00 in Dr. House tells his patient to go outside in the freezing cold for 5 min and see if she improves. If she improves it could be an indication for autoimmune disease (like SLE, vasculitis etc). This works for me. Does this mean my condition is autoimmune?

From page 2:
Did some googling and found this: Immune Responses to Exercising in a Cold Environment

''Even brief exposure to cold leads to increased levels of norepinephrine and cortisol, lymphocytosis, decreased lymphoproliferative responses, decreased levels of TH1 cytokines and salivary IgA, and increased lactate levels during exercise.''

Compare with the data from the previous post. The dysautonomia symptoms attenuate as well. Could mean there is an autoimmune origin to this. Autoantibodies involved in dysautonomia/POTS target adrenergic, angiotensin, muscarinic receptors or voltage-gated calcium channels, and in some cases, against nerve endings of small fibers. People with small fiber neuropathy are sensitive to carbs btw and do improve on low carb diets.

My hair is getting thin and my nails flexible at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 08:28:10 PM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2021, 02:47:33 PM »
Vibration excites something in my body. Something drops to the floor makes sound and it feels like it excites a cloud of particles in a domino's-like fashion, its net-momentum going one-way (it branches out as wel) only once, mostly in my lower torso (Most of the time it is traveling upward). It's like a wave.

Another scenario:
Glans penis (limp state and is not sexual related) becomes sensitive while walking or riding a bike that I have to stop walking for a few mins or stop riding the bicycle (I stop because the sensitivity increases with duration of movement up to the point that it hurts). The little friction it makes with my clothing seems to get amplified after repetitive motion. It gets better once I pause. (very mild tingling involved)

Also this:

Past Events

Januari 2020

A few times tingling sensation at the glans penis and became very sensitive to any friction (not sexual related just limp penis).

Februari 2020

I ate some liver and suddenly became feverish and nauseous for less than 30 sec of duration immediately after ingestion. Perhaps 5-10 mins after there were migratory colds traveling over my body and turned into systemic cold (shivering) after the migratory cold ended.

October 2020

Washing the glans penis during shower led to activation in lower back at the spinal area (which is already sensitive), no pain, just activation of something and it isn't muscle, no feeling of contraction. Activation stops when friction stops. Applying friction again flares up activity in my lower spine again.

Prolonged low grade stress gives me a burning sensation in a layer close to the skin (some locations that can be affected: back of neck, top of both forearms, sides of upper arms, shoulders, upper back). If I have to make a guess what is going on then I think it's CRH or another neutopeptide interacting with small fiber nerve endings or the nerve endings themselves releasing neuropeptides (Or again, MCs are reactive)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:40:11 PM by Muon »

Journey

• INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2021, 03:42:02 PM »
Washing the glans penis during shower led to activation in lower back at the spinal area (which is already sensitive), no pain, just activation of something and it isn't muscle, no feeling of contraction. Activation stops when friction stops. Applying friction again flares up activity in my lower spine again.
When I rub my glans/forehead exactly on the top area for example against the palm I feel this interesting kind of tingly kind of pulling feeling in the lower back area too either in nerves or something like that if I did that for many minutes it would feel way too intense and I would have to stop and once I do not rub anymore it just stops I already recall noticing that when I was a teenager.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2021, 03:08:37 AM »

Th1-Polarized, Dengue Virus-Activated Human Mast Cells Induce Endothelial Transcriptional Activation and Permeability

IFN-g and IgG4 are MC activators. MCs may be activated at places of Th1 proliferation. What is the consequence of chronic activation? Markers related to microvascular endothelium may show abnormal levels. Bell's palsy might have been caused by an IFN-g spike which induced endothelin. IL-12, 15 and 18 are involved in th1 pol. What is the MC mediator profile for a combination of certain activators? Autoimmune MCA?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 03:30:58 AM by Muon »