Author Topic: Another negationist  (Read 9220 times)

Unvers

Another negationist
« on: September 12, 2017, 07:52:20 AM »
This is very frustrating, this disease is not only a curse but also we have to fight with skeptics and be considered people with psychological problems, very disgusting.

I wrote to an italian website that offer online consultancy by physicians in the various fields of medicine and posted a question relative to POIS in the andrology section, look at what kind of reply I received, I post the link translated with Google Translate considering that this is an english forum.

https://translate.google.it/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.medicitalia.it%2Fconsulti%2Fandrologia%2F581119-sindrome-post-orgasmica.html%232655873&edit-text=&act=url

I feel more and more hopeless, luckily my psychiatrist is not like this physician and believe in my POIS, I have to see a psychiatrist because POIS ruined my life for many years and caused me severe depression with suicidal ideation and this man has the courage to deny its existance!

I think that poisers with physical symptoms have easier life in this.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Another negationist
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 02:38:21 PM »
Yes, it's unbelievably frustrating, Unvers!

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Unvers

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 02:44:17 AM »
This is scandalous, I felt nearly teased by this ignorant physician, I opened a new consultation in section psychiatry and received finally a decent reply, to those of you harassed with cognitive POIS I suggest to avoid contacting urologists and contact directly psychiatrists who tend to be less skeptics because of their formation in seeing mental disorders like the product of a malfunctioning brain instead of mere psychological things and so they see also cognitive POIS in this view.

MirkoThiel0

• wenn du deutsch bist dann schreib mich an :)
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 12:02:21 PM »
"I know and follow that syndrome for 30 years"
but that syndrome is barely known 15 years ?!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 11:44:07 PM »

...I suggest to avoid contacting urologists...

I also had a bad experience with 2 "top" big city urologists. They were absolutely clueless in helping me with POIS..."No, I never heard of your symptoms before!..."
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 06:48:07 PM »
This is scandalous, I felt nearly teased by this ignorant physician, I opened a new consultation in section psychiatry and received finally a decent reply, to those of you harassed with cognitive POIS I suggest to avoid contacting urologists and contact directly psychiatrists who tend to be less skeptics because of their formation in seeing mental disorders like the product of a malfunctioning brain instead of mere psychological things and so they see also cognitive POIS in this view.

You can write him the following message Unvers, you can tell him that it was written by another person who is (was) suffering from POIS symptoms - I am sure he will change his mind- and paid attention to his words.

Caro dottore,

Vi scrivo come malato di questa malattia. Scusa le mie capacità di scrittura, sono spagnolo e traduco il mio messaggio con Google Translator. Sembra dire che le persone che soffrono di questa malattia hanno un problema psicologico, beh, credo che dovresti esaminare il mio caso in modo da poter cambiare la tua percezione.

Quando avevo 18 anni ho cominciato a soffrire di sintomi di POIS e erano, letteralmente, paralizzanti e sintomi devastanti. Ogni orgasmo ha causato la chiusura dei processi cognitivi (nebbia cervicale, difficoltà a trovare parole, depressione, allergie sono più gravi, compromissione cognitiva, ecc.) E la mia vita era un incubo totale. Non è stato fino a quando ho scoperto l'uso di niacina - grazie al forum - che sono riuscito a eliminare completamente tutti i miei sintomi. Sì, Se prendo 200 mg di niacina e sperimentare la sciacquatura di niacina, non ho i sintomi di POIS. Dovrei avere l'orgasmo almeno dopo 50 minuti, e il flusso è sicuramente una parte fondamentale di questo. Se non prendo la niacina, sperimenterò un episodio al 100% POIS che potrebbe durare tra 4-6 giorni.

La mia vita è completamente migliorata e ho anche una fidanzata (da 6 anni). Sono stato scoraggiato da un medico quando nessuno sapeva di questa condizione, pensava che fosse tutto nella mia mente - era sbagliato, come sei attualmente. Tuttavia, alcuni anni dopo ho deciso di partecipare ad un documentario televisivo su di esso (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_kqIpGUYpI) - Il medico olandese che compare nel video ha scritto l'anno scorso un documento di ricerca: (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5001999/). La persona che sperimenta questa condizione sa del 100% che non soffre di una malattia psicologica, anche se lo stress influisce senza dubbio sullo sviluppo di un episodio POIS. Non dovresti ignorare il rapporto che ti è stato fornito da Utente.

I migliori saluti.

---

In English:

Dear Doctor,

I am writing you as a sufferer of this malady. Excuse my writing skills, I am Spanish and I am translating my message using Google Translator. You seem to say that people who suffer this malady have a psychological problem, well, I think you should review my case so you can change your perception.

When I was 18 I started to suffer from POIS symptoms and they were, literally, crippling and devastating symptoms. Each and every orgasm caused my cognitive processes to shut down (brain fog, difficulty in finding words, depression, allergies were more severe, cognitive impairment, etc), and my life was a total nightmare. It was not until I discovered the use of niacin - thanks to the forum - that I was able to completely eliminate all my symptoms. Yes, If i take 200 mg of niacin and experience the niacin flush, I don't experience POIS symptoms. I should have the orgasm at least after 50 min of it, and the flush is definitely a key part of it. If I don't take niacin, I will experience a 100% POIS episode that could last between 4-6 days.

My life has completely improved and I even have a girlfriend (from 6 years now). I was discouraged by a doctor when no one knew about this condition, he thought it was all in my mind - he was mistaken, as you currently are. However, some years later I decided to participate in a TV documentary about it ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_kqIpGUYpI ) - The Dutch doctor who appears in the video wrote a research paper last year, actually: ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5001999/ ). The person who experiences this condition knows 100% that he is not suffering a psychological illness, though stress undoubtedly affects negatively the development of a POIS episode. You shouldn't dismiss the relate brought to you by Utente.

Best Regards.

Unvers

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 09:20:45 AM »

You can write him the following message Unvers, you can tell him that it was written by another person who is (was) suffering from POIS symptoms - I am sure he will change his mind- and paid attention to his words.

Caro dottore,

Vi scrivo come malato di questa malattia. Scusa le mie capacit?  di scrittura, sono spagnolo e traduco il mio messaggio con Google Translator. Sembra dire che le persone che soffrono di questa malattia hanno un problema psicologico, beh, credo che dovresti esaminare il mio caso in modo da poter cambiare la tua percezione.

Quando avevo 18 anni ho cominciato a soffrire di sintomi di POIS e erano, letteralmente, paralizzanti e sintomi devastanti. Ogni orgasmo ha causato la chiusura dei processi cognitivi (nebbia cervicale, difficolt?  a trovare parole, depressione, allergie sono più gravi, compromissione cognitiva, ecc.) E la mia vita era un incubo totale. Non è stato fino a quando ho scoperto l'uso di niacina - grazie al forum - che sono riuscito a eliminare completamente tutti i miei sintomi. Sì, Se prendo 200 mg di niacina e sperimentare la sciacquatura di niacina, non ho i sintomi di POIS. Dovrei avere l'orgasmo almeno dopo 50 minuti, e il flusso è sicuramente una parte fondamentale di questo. Se non prendo la niacina, sperimenterò un episodio al 100% POIS che potrebbe durare tra 4-6 giorni.

La mia vita è completamente migliorata e ho anche una fidanzata (da 6 anni). Sono stato scoraggiato da un medico quando nessuno sapeva di questa condizione, pensava che fosse tutto nella mia mente - era sbagliato, come sei attualmente. Tuttavia, alcuni anni dopo ho deciso di partecipare ad un documentario televisivo su di esso (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_kqIpGUYpI) - Il medico olandese che compare nel video ha scritto l'anno scorso un documento di ricerca: (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5001999/). La persona che sperimenta questa condizione sa del 100% che non soffre di una malattia psicologica, anche se lo stress influisce senza dubbio sullo sviluppo di un episodio POIS. Non dovresti ignorare il rapporto che ti è stato fornito da Utente.

I migliori saluti.

---

In English:

Dear Doctor,

I am writing you as a sufferer of this malady. Excuse my writing skills, I am Spanish and I am translating my message using Google Translator. You seem to say that people who suffer this malady have a psychological problem, well, I think you should review my case so you can change your perception.

When I was 18 I started to suffer from POIS symptoms and they were, literally, crippling and devastating symptoms. Each and every orgasm caused my cognitive processes to shut down (brain fog, difficulty in finding words, depression, allergies were more severe, cognitive impairment, etc), and my life was a total nightmare. It was not until I discovered the use of niacin - thanks to the forum - that I was able to completely eliminate all my symptoms. Yes, If i take 200 mg of niacin and experience the niacin flush, I don't experience POIS symptoms. I should have the orgasm at least after 50 min of it, and the flush is definitely a key part of it. If I don't take niacin, I will experience a 100% POIS episode that could last between 4-6 days.

My life has completely improved and I even have a girlfriend (from 6 years now). I was discouraged by a doctor when no one knew about this condition, he thought it was all in my mind - he was mistaken, as you currently are. However, some years later I decided to participate in a TV documentary about it ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_kqIpGUYpI ) - The Dutch doctor who appears in the video wrote a research paper last year, actually: ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5001999/ ). The person who experiences this condition knows 100% that he is not suffering a psychological illness, though stress undoubtedly affects negatively the development of a POIS episode. You shouldn't dismiss the relate brought to you by Utente.

Best Regards.

I read that niacin has a biological half life between 20 and 45 minutes, how is possible that if you take it 50 minutes before orgasm is still effective?

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 11:38:36 AM »

I read that niacin has a biological half life between 20 and 45 minutes, how is possible that if you take it 50 minutes before orgasm is still effective?

Well, I would say that what makes niacin effective is the flush then. Where did you find this out?

As I have stated multiple times, I need to wait between 50 minutes and 3 hours to have an Orgasm after taking niacin (And the pre-condition is to have the flush !)

Unvers

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 10:24:25 AM »

Well, I would say that what makes niacin effective is the flush then. Where did you find this out?

As I have stated multiple times, I need to wait between 50 minutes and 3 hours to have an Orgasm after taking niacin (And the pre-condition is to have the flush !)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niacin

I read there, see the table at right.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 09:59:50 PM »

Hi Unvers,

The half-life of a drug is only one parameter in the whole equation of its effect, so you have to consider other factors.  For example, if someone takes 200mg of niacin, then there will be over 100mg of niacin in his blood for at least 20 minutes.  During this time, effects and changes are made at the molecular level, at the cellular level, at organ level, and even at systems levels, like the flush shows.  Even if niacin concentration drops after an hour or so, all those change are not necessarily reversed, and for now, we do not know exactly what change niacin causes that is effective to prevent POIS symptoms in some members.  Som, all we have as solid data is the empirical data, the results members get.  I do not know how long niacin can be taken in advance, but form posts I have read, it opens of widow of surely more than 20 minutes.  I don't use it myself , so cannot give you a precise answer on this, you could check in niacin threads for that.

Another factor is the initial dose vs recomanded daily intake.  For niacin, the RDI is around 12 to 24 mg.  If you take 200 to 300 mg, you will still have more than the RDI in your blood after 4 half lives, so for niacin, after 80 minutes to 105, so for about 1 hour and a half. 

But as I said, better ask the members that are reference members for niacin in my POIS Types chart, they will give you answers based on experimentation (  http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg19448#msg19448 )
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Unvers

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 01:21:36 PM »

Hi Unvers,

The half-life of a drug is only one parameter in the whole equation of its effect, so you have to consider other factors.  For example, if someone takes 200mg of niacin, then there will be over 100mg of niacin in his blood for at least 20 minutes.  During this time, effects and changes are made at the molecular level, at the cellular level, at organ level, and even at systems levels, like the flush shows.  Even if niacin concentration drops after an hour or so, all those change are not necessarily reversed, and for now, we do not know exactly what change niacin causes that is effective to prevent POIS symptoms in some members.  Som, all we have as solid data is the empirical data, the results members get.  I do not know how long niacin can be taken in advance, but form posts I have read, it opens of widow of surely more than 20 minutes.  I don't use it myself , so cannot give you a precise answer on this, you could check in niacin threads for that.

Another factor is the initial dose vs recomanded daily intake.  For niacin, the RDI is around 12 to 24 mg.  If you take 200 to 300 mg, you will still have more than the RDI in your blood after 4 half lives, so for niacin, after 80 minutes to 105, so for about 1 hour and a half. 

But as I said, better ask the members that are reference members for niacin in my POIS Types chart, they will give you answers based on experimentation (  http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg19448#msg19448 )

I take also niacin but the effect last about 20 minutes like the table says but I take the reccomended daily intake, niacin has side effects also so I fear to take so high dosage.

Unvers

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 12:18:36 PM »

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 12:52:17 PM »
I take also niacin but the effect last about 20 minutes like the table says but I take the reccomended daily intake, niacin has side effects also so I fear to take so high dosage.

Slow release niacin has shown to potentially affect the liver at high quantities. There are some studies that discourage their use, and say that it should be used only as a last resort for some treatments due to hazardous risks.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1300955

However, it seems that flush-niacin doesn't cause similar effects. I think some people have reported that it works better for them if they wait 90 minutes, or even 100 minutes before having the O. If you have seen that you tolerate it well enough (you don't show any bad reaction to it), maybe you should consider this approach.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 01:26:36 PM »
Even on Nofap the POIS is not well understood, creepy.

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/watching-p-without-m.154867/#post-1290397

Well, I would still write the topic that you were thinking about. It could help some people in that community that might be suffering from POIS.

Do they get brain fog after Nocturnal Emissions? If the answer is yes, I am afraid that their real problem is POIS and not the use of pornographic imagery.

Unvers

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 02:37:22 PM »

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/watching-p-without-m.154867/#post-1290397

Well, I would still write the topic that you were thinking about. It could help some people in that community that might be suffering from POIS.

Do they get brain fog after Nocturnal Emissions? If the answer is yes, I am afraid that their real problem is POIS and not the use of pornographic imagery.

That community is very big and I think that apart from porn and sex addicts there are many unaware poisers.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 04:37:41 PM »

That community is very big and I think that apart from porn and sex addicts there are many unaware poisers.

Excellent, I wouldn't mind helping you at all. Let me know if you open a thread during the coming days (I think you can post the link here), I will try to support your explanations

Unvers

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »

Excellent, I wouldn't mind helping you at all. Let me know if you open a thread during the coming days (I think you can post the link here), I will try to support your explanations

Ok, the problem of my POIS is that is almost fully cognitive apart from itchy eyes and I encounter much skepticism, I can have many orgasms in a day and don't feel too bad because symptoms are worst the next day usually.