Author Topic: chronic prostatitis  (Read 13331 times)

Vandemolen

Re: chronic prostatitis
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2018, 03:40:00 PM »
1) How exactly do you know your prostatitis is caused by an infection?

2) What diagnostic criteria did they use for diagnosing your brothers with Crohn's disease?
Sometimes they found bacteria in the urine or semen. But most of the times they didn’t. A few times my prostate was checked and everytime it’s a bit swollen. I also had scans. There were a lot of prostate ‘rocks’. A sign there were a lot of infections.

I don’t know exactly. Because at my oldest brother it was more than 25 years ago. He had an operation. They cut off a bit of the small intestine.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2018, 02:46:19 PM »
Do you know what type of bacteria has been found so far?

Vandemolen

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2018, 05:08:02 PM »
Do you know what type of bacteria has been found so far?
I can’t remember. It’s been a few years ago that they found something. The last urine test was 3 years ago and it was clean. The last semen test maybe more than 5 years ago. And I can’t find any urine test in my hospital dossier. Only blood tests.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »
What antibiotic works best for your symptoms?

Vandemolen

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2018, 01:38:47 PM »
What antibiotic works best for your symptoms?
Cefuroxim.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2018, 04:56:25 PM »
Have you gone through scientific articles whether Cefuroxim got other properties like anti-inflammatory effects?

Vandemolen

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2018, 05:35:34 PM »
Have you gone through scientific articles whether Cefuroxim got other properties like anti-inflammatory effects?
No the reason why I use cefuroxim is because the other antibiotics below cefuroxim didn’t help anymore. Another reason is that the group antibiotics which cefuroxim is part of doesn’t have the side effect that you can’t be in the sun. So I can also use it when I am on holiday and in the summer in The Netherlands.

Vandemolen

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2018, 06:49:38 PM »
Last year after two weeks of antibiotics I get candida. I have to take the antibiotics for 3 weeks. Now I get candida after just 1 week. The problem is that candida also affect the prostate area. What if I don’t take antibiotics? I tried that. But the prostate infection has turned into a pelvic floor inflammation. So I started with antibiotics. After 1 week the pelvic problem was almost gone. But now I have candida. I have this problem for two months now. I can’t get out of the vicious circle.

Vandemolen

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2018, 09:50:49 PM »
What if it is not prostatitis? But it is candida on the penis? Chronic Mild Balanitis? Imflamed glans? I already take minoconazol for oral use for my tongue and mouth. I will buy miconazol for the skin and try the balm for a few weeks.

Some symptoms of prostatitis are the same as Balanitis:
Cold legs and hands
Penis and scrotum itching
Light fever
Feeling sick

But these UTI-symptons are not the same:
Urinate a lot
Stinky urine

The prostate problems come after sexual activity. But what if POIS causes candida in the penis area?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 10:11:42 PM by Vandemolen »

Vandemolen

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2018, 08:01:43 PM »
I think that I do not have prostatitis. But I have urinary tract allergy. Caused by high histamine. This is the reason why they could not find bacteria in the urine or semen. Only once or twice. At a few test there was nothing to see.

A Dutch article (through Google Translate):

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&sl=nl&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ntvg.nl%2Fartikelen%2Fde-rol-van-allergie-bij-interstiti%25C3%25ABle-cystitis%2Fvolledig

https://www.ntvg.nl/artikelen/de-rol-van-allergie-bij-interstiti%C3%ABle-cystitis/volledig

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2020, 08:19:08 PM »

Prospero

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2021, 05:46:15 AM »
Just found this article : Correlation of beta-endorphin and prostaglandin E2 levels in prostatic fluid of patients with chronic prostatitis with diagnosis and treatment response.
"We observed a correlation of higher prostaglandin E2 and lower beta-endorphin in symptomatic men with chronic prostatitis. Increased oxidative stress and inflammation may induce prostaglandin E2 production that would inhibit beta-endorphin release. Treatment with therapeutic agents that decrease oxidative stress, such as antibiotics and antioxidant phytotherapy, may function at least partially by increasing beta-endorphin and decreasing prostaglandin E2."

It speaks of beta-endorphins in prostatic fluid but I wonder if it can be related to beta-endorphin levels elsewhere. In any case I think that there are many "key-words" related to some POIS theories here...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 06:34:35 AM by Prospero »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2021, 06:27:44 AM »
@prospero Dump a copy of a paper in the paper archive thread if you see anything interesting in the future. Just added the paper.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 06:45:31 AM by Muon »