Author Topic: Poor blood circulation and pois  (Read 11475 times)

DEANNX

Poor blood circulation and pois
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:33:10 AM »
Hi

It's been a year since I came to this forum and I have analyzed many theory and treatment and have came to a conclusion that my symptoms might have to do with poor blood circulation, here are my some of my symptoms during pois, they can take from few days to up to a month to recover
*Reduced cognitive function
*unable to gain weight
*depression
*oily skin
*sagging face/tired look( during pois I look like as if I haven't slept for a week)
These are the symptoms that affect me the most and I found that they are usually worest when I just wake up and that more sleep and some light workout( running and walking) improve my symptoms a bit, something I think it's worth mentioning is that whenever I got a bruise and I masturbate it will make it worse.

Right now I think poor blood circulation is how pois affect me and some others, these are the reasons why i think that:
1. most of the symptoms i experience during pois can be link to poor blood circulation.
2. as mentioned aboved exercise and better sleep improve my symptoms maybe coz exercise and sleep improve blood circulation
3. treatments like Niacin and ginger is helping a lot of ppl here and they also dilate blood vessels even tho Niacin didnt work when I tried it(but I didn't take it before o).

So what do you think? Is blood circulation has to do with pois? Also please give me suggestions about what to take to improve blood circulation if you know any. And last English isn't my native language so sorry for the mistakes I might have made here

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 09:45:32 AM by DEANNX »

paradoxx

Re: Poor blood circulation and pois
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 09:02:53 PM »
Hi, thanks for sharing, i found your english easy to understand. Your case sounds similar to mine. I think the symptoms of my POIS, especially in the first days of a cycle, also have to do with poor circulation. For example, when on day 1 or 2 i move my arms or legs to a position that is not ideal for blood flow, they fall asleep quickly. Often on these days I wake up without any feeling in my arms for up to 2 mins (can be scary and funny at the same time :D). Interesting article on that topic: http://www.healthline.com/health/arms-falling-asleep-at-night.

Exercise (cardio) helps a lot. B3 experiments are few and inconclusive so far.

DEANNX

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 09:08:07 AM »
Hi, thanks for sharing, i found your english easy to understand. Your case sounds similar to mine. I think the symptoms of my POIS, especially in the first days of a cycle, also have to do with poor circulation. For example, when on day 1 or 2 i move my arms or legs to a position that is not ideal for blood flow, they fall asleep quickly. Often on these days I wake up without any feeling in my arms for up to 2 mins (can be scary and funny at the same time :D). Interesting article on that topic: http://www.healthline.com/health/arms-falling-asleep-at-night.

Exercise (cardio) helps a lot. B3 experiments are few and inconclusive so far.
Yes, I got the same problems, my leg is also easily to get a cramped the first few days after I had an O. Exercise does help a lot but only if I spend a long time doing it per day and it requires consistency in my case but I am too busy at work right now so I am much rather to find a med or herb that can help me instead

b_jim

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 01:00:51 PM »
Quickly after ejaculation, i feel my blood sugar slowed and I feel cold (dutring winter).
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

paradoxx

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 04:58:28 PM »
Quickly after ejaculation, i feel my blood sugar slowed and I feel cold (dutring winter).

Feeling cold is one of my first symptoms too. For me it's like cold shivers going through the body, starting on the upper back. I notice it more if the temperature is lower, so i guess similar to your experience, mostly during winter but also in other days unless its one of the hot summer days like these days are. In general I'm pretty sure that the severity of my symptoms is correlated to the overall temperature, for example symptoms are up to 100% higher during the coldest days of the year compared to the hottest. Not sure if this is related to this topic or what it means in general.

Yes, I got the same problems, my leg is also easily to get a cramped the first few days after I had an O. Exercise does help a lot but only if I spend a long time doing it per day and it requires consistency in my case but I am too busy at work right now so I am much rather to find a med or herb that can help me instead

I might try foods that are supposed to boost circulation, e.g. ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, grapefruit, dark chocolate. I already noticed that these are beneficial but I never tried applying them in combination before and on the first days after ejaculation. Did you try some of those?

DEANNX

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 12:42:57 AM »
I haven't tried any of those yet but I think I will give ginger tea a try soon

Vandemolen

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 08:57:09 AM »
Even when it’s hot outside I get cold feet, legs and hands. Maybe it’s because of UTI/prostatitis. Or maybe also because of POIS. There are a few reasons. One is about hormones. But the fact is that the circulatory has to improve.

Beside sports it’s good to walk a lot. Foods that are good for the circulation of the blood: oranges, avocado, salmon, pure choclat, garlic, ginger, watermelon, Goji berries and sunflower.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

b_jim

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 09:40:00 AM »
Maybe I'm crazy but I think I SEE the slowed bloodstream in Pois when I look my hands. It's like a Raynaud, white hands and fingers, blue veins... or something like that.
I think it might have something to do with testosterone or NO.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

swell

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 09:16:56 PM »
Thank goodness somebody talked about skin color change due to POIS.  My skin literally turns blue / grey'sh pale, and it reverts back to normalcy on the 7th day.  I do have Raynaud symptoms too.  Glutathione helps A LOT, but its effects are short lived (for like 4-5 hrs max).

Maybe I'm crazy but I think I SEE the slowed bloodstream in Pois when I look my hands. It's like a Raynaud, white hands and fingers, blue veins... or something like that.
I think it might have something to do with testosterone or NO.
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA

b_jim

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 04:03:24 AM »
blue / grey'sh pale
Ah yes, you said it better than me  8)

I'm looking more and more things about gluthatione.
It seems there is a strong link :
Sulfur - Glutathione- Dopamine
Taurine = Anti-Pois

BoneBroth

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 05:17:22 PM »
*oily skin
So what do you think? Is blood circulation has to do with pois? Also please give me suggestions about what to take to improve blood circulation if you know any.

Yes oily skin is my second name. Or at least it was so for decades untill some month ago when I started taking Vitamin A 10.000 IE/day, Zink 2 times 50 mg/day and Omega 3 (3 capsules /day) and vitamin B5 and B3 (with the whole B-complex). Those vitamins and minerals are known to have a reducing effect on skin seabum. I think I'm noticing a decline in sebum production, but I cant say for sure yet.

Oily skin is a manifistation of either too hight blood sugar, hight cortisol levels or high testosterone/DHT levels. For me I believe its hight cortisol levels because I have lots of stress in my life and had since teenage. I believe that stress in the early years is a strong POIS-trigger and messes up the hormones completely.  But there must be some other factor involved as well. Vitamin C is working against cortisol and taking 500 mg vitamin C (with bioflavonoids) 5-10 times a day (thats 2500-5000 mg vitamin C/day) has a great effect on my health and sleep. Its keeping the acne away too. If I see a pimple is starting to form I take immidiately 1000 mg vitamin c and keeps taking 500 mg almost every hour. Then the zit does not progress, it goes back. It doesnt fix POIS headache though.

Five to six years ago I went to an well known alternative medical doctor who looked at my blood in a microscope and we coudl clearly see that my blood was thick and slow flowing. Nothing unique though. Many people has this problem he said. So he gave me a special drink that should make the blood less sticky and after just 20 minutes he took a new blood sample and watched it in the microscope. Then the blood looked miraculously much better! It didnt stick together as much anymore. He gave me the recipe to the drink and I mixed it myself for some months, two times a day.

I remember that the POIS symtoms were less severe during this time and I felt much more clear in the head the following hours after taking the drink. However the drink tasted horrible so I had to stop taking it unless I would throw up. I will start taking it again. You know, finally the POIS will reach a level where you would do anything to make it go away. Even drinking that horrible drink that was from the beginning designed to adress cancer (with success!). I will get back and post the ingredients of the drink for those who like to try it. It's just natural ingredients, some of those were MSM, coral calcium, magnesium salt, Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and bicarbonate, if I recall correct. Maybe something else too. The ascorbic acid and bicarbonate reacted in the glass and made bubbles.  :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 05:24:11 PM by BoneBroth »

BoneBroth

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 03:43:28 AM »
As I read on the POIS forum I see that many sollutions are related to increased blood circulation and vasodilation.

Niacin
Exercise/aerobics
Hot bath/shower
Chiropractic
Improved breathing
Relaxing technics
Antioxidants
Beets
Ginkgo
Magnesium
Good sleep
Physical sex
... add to the list!

And in contrast all of this causes vasoconstriction:

NE
Sitting too much
Cortisol / epinephrine
Stress
Tall body figure
... add to the list!

I've read that if you have a hight testosterone/DHT/stress as a teenanger you will have a higher level of growth hormones and your body and limbs will grow longer. Maybe thats why alot of people here are very tall (1,9 meters, 2 meters). It would be interesting to confirm this hypothesis, that the POIS members here are tall or relatively tall (tallest member in your famliy). I am 180 cm tall and the tallest person in the family. Tall people have more problems with circulation, blood pressure and are thus more exposed to POIS.

It would also be intresting ot know if POISers are the youngest sibling. According to a new study last born tend to have less tolerance to stress (higher cortisol). First born childs are more accountability and mental stable. This is so because  first born have a reponsibility to take care of their younger siblings, while last born have more time to develop their creativiness and explore (including exploring sexuality). But since they are more risk taking they more often find them self in stressfull situations and have unstable economy. This causes stress. First born childs become directors, last born are self-employed according to the study.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 03:45:32 AM by BoneBroth »

dizzy

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 08:01:19 PM »
Regarding blood circulation, I'd add vinpocetine. Had some success with it in the past, but stopped taking it because the FDA may start blocking it (for unclear reasons).
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

b_jim

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 01:52:40 PM »
All techniques or meds or anything else with vaso-dilation effect is a potential cure for POIS.
This is the absolute link between :

- Poisers claiming imporvement with sport
-                                             with shower
-                                             with niacine flush
-                                             other things...

I clearly feel COLD and pale/grey skin just after ejaculation sign of vasoconstriction.
But the element key explaining why sport/shower.... stimulations fight vasoconstriction are catechomalines.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

swell

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 12:17:07 AM »
How to quickly increase catechomalines?  Would pregnenolone do the trick??  Stimulant Rx meds are tricky.  They are vasodilators to the CNS and vasoconstrictors to the PNS.  And maybe thats why Vyvanse (the most potent stimulant Rx out) manages my brain POIS effects well,  but has zero effect on the pale/grey skin and nerve paresis effects.   I have tried Pregnenolone, in fact a low dose I take it daily, 5mg, but it hasn't effected my POIS, brain or skin effects.

I clearly feel COLD and pale/grey skin just after ejaculation sign of vasoconstriction.
But the element key explaining why sport/shower.... stimulations fight vasoconstriction are catechomalines.
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA

BoneBroth

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 03:53:09 AM »
I dont think everything will be solved by just dilating the blood vessels and increase blow flow. This might help to remove toxins and reduce the POIS period, but there are more factors invloved. The endothelium might be damaged, the liver might not be performing well. If you dilate the blood vessels at the wrong timing it might become worse. Maybe the vessels are in a such bad condition that constantly dilating and constricting them would eventually wear them out.

We have to understand what exactly is happening during a POIS cascade and if it's same for everyone? What substances are produced during O and how long time are they in the bloodstream? Why do many people here have varicose veins (me too) if they are constricting? What is the cause of the blood vessel constricting anyway? It sounds like a natural reaction on some toxic subscance. Histamin, cortisol or adrenaline? How does the constricton/dilation activity changes over time during POIS-period? (For me its first constriction and at the end of the period dilation) I'm quite new on this forum so maybe someone could enlighten me on theese questions.

I've worked with nutrition for a long time so I hope I can contribute with my knowledge. I strongly believe that hormonal imbalaces is a main factor involved in POIS and that is causing collagen/muscle degradation and that has a very negative impact to blood vessels (and other tissue) integrity. POIS seems to have similarities with migrain. Two of my family members have migrain and they have also big problems with varicose veins. Does any of you have migrain or family members with migrain/varicose veins?

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 07:49:12 AM by BoneBroth »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 10:28:03 AM »
Out of odher symptomes i hawe in pois and some of them cronic andt that cronic
symptomes became 10 time worse in pois, i hawe migrains in pois, but those migrains
i get i hawe it only on cold exposure, like not wering hat on my head on cold weather,
or drinking wery cold drink, i discovr this that in pois my body is in inflamation state,
(get conjuctivitis to), and in migrain state.
So if i pois i drik cold icey drink, tomorow in 100% i will get migrain atac (with blinding
aura, wision disturbed, and unberable pain after).

This in combination with odher pois symptomes(shortnes of breath, breathles,
choking, inability to ley down on bad at sleaping time because of chest stiffnes)-wich is my worst pois symptomes.
All together beatiful party , realy enyojable  ;D

For migrans, it is bolive in mediceine, that migrans came because of constriction
an then sewere wasoconstriction of blod wesels.

I read somwhere that some patient in germany is helped for migreins by some
medicine who takeing regulary heart patients.

Dr-pois.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 10:29:48 AM »
I think that exes low and hi histamine in our bodyes, brain aspeshly in poisers lead
to varios of our symptomes.
Dr-pois.

b_jim

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 10:32:44 AM »
No I don't have migraines but for some other sufferer I think it's only an effect, not a cause.
This is only an hypothesis but what we consider as an "immune reaction" or allergy may be only caused by the fluctuation of opamine/noradrenaline.
Exactly when you catch a cold, its' a overreaction.

Maybe I have too much imagination but I wonder if the fact to have an "athletic intercourse" could reduce the Pois symptoms by catecholamines release before ejaculation. :)

Taurine = Anti-Pois

b_jim

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 10:38:58 AM »
No I don't have migraines but for some other sufferer I think it's only an effect, not a cause.
This is only an hypothesis but what we consider as an "immune reaction" or allergy may be only caused by the fluctuation of opamine/noradrenaline.
Exactly when you catch a cold, its' a overreaction.

Maybe I have too much imagination but I wonder if the fact to have an "athletic intercourse" could reduce the Pois symptoms by catecholamines release before ejaculation. :)

If this theory is good, the first thing to do is to take proteins and especially L-tyrosine amino acid without carbohydrates. And other cofactors (iron?)
A good general nutrition tip is to take proteins at breakfast and lunch and carbs at dinner (and Merienda?).

Taurine = Anti-Pois