Author Topic: Our New RFP ( Request For Proposal) for the new study is out !  (Read 96244 times)

Nas

Re: Our New RFP ( Request For Proposal) for the new study is out !
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2019, 06:01:07 AM »
Hmmmm I agree with Fernab. I hope the investigation focuses on other type of immune responses rather than just focusing of allergy. Yet all papers published on POIS confirm that there are no IgE concentration so maybe they're already aware of that?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2019, 08:35:47 AM »
I wonder how they will define a standard or protocol for penile stimulation. What's the shape of the device, pressure, acceleration, frequency, what's the length of the thrusting motion? Are these parameters constant or do you let them change in time? Different penis sizes could lead to deviations of the aformentioned parameters. This could be more tricky than you would think.

fernab

« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2019, 09:01:25 AM »
Suppose they will know what to do and how to do it. We don't have to forget that also a few women also are suffering POIS?

Edit:
'....autonomic-endocrine dysregulation leading to hyperactive inflammatory responses following arousal and orgasm...' in this new part (vs. the other we already know it is not due to an auto-allergy) something we all would like to know I suppose is.... Which biomarker would be a good one to detect these inflammatory responses. It is possible to detect somehow this inflammation? Because this could lead at least to a diagnosis method.... But I also suppose that this, that many of us are wondering since long time ago...that we could think it should be simple to find or detect maybe It is not at all easy to discover or find.... What do you think guys??
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:16:21 AM by fernab »

Nas

« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2019, 10:27:57 AM »
I wonder how they will define a standard or protocol for penile stimulation. What's the shape of the device, pressure, acceleration, frequency, what's the length of the thrusting motion? Are these parameters constant or do you let them change in time? Different penis sizes could lead to deviations of the aformentioned parameters. This could be more tricky than you would think.
I also believe that stimulating material could be present, from picture to videos, but in all honesty this could lead to anomalies in post operative mediation functionality, in which it is better to use blackjack and hookers for optimal accuracy. 

fernab

« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2019, 10:57:50 AM »
Hmmmm I agree with Fernab. I hope the investigation focuses on other type of immune responses rather than just focusing of allergy. Yet all papers published on POIS confirm that there are no IgE concentration so maybe they're already aware of that?
Maybe is just a matter of givng continuity to previous research works and lead the research to the other part:

'....autonomic-endocrine dysregulation leading to hyperactive inflammatory responses following arousal and orgasm...'

But it is possible to measure somehow these inflammatory responses? ???
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:59:30 AM by fernab »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2019, 11:01:11 AM »
You were totally right Demo! Seems Dr. L is very sensitive to our forum! I find it fantastic!

As researchers, I completely understand that they need to take one thing a time and explore it in a systematic way. I totally agree on that. Suppose this is the normal procedure in any serious research work.

But I tought that we all already knew that POIS it is not due to an auto-allergy to semen. Are they study it just to confirm that It is not due to this? And try to prove It is rather due to autonomic-endocrine dysregulation?

Suppose it is something like this.... For sure there is a good reason they do it like this. I totally trust them... No need you pass this question again to them. We will see anyway. It is just to talk between us. Thank you so much to pass my previous question Demo!
Thanks, fernab! I took a chance sending, because we have not yet officially “started”, UNL admin has to approve our “sex” project, we are still a controversial subject in the world of research, so...expect some delays in getting authorization.

I am a bit troubled too about repeating what we know. I wouldn’t mind troubling the investigative team again if we can come up with enough...evidence...to dismiss the allergy theory.

fernab, could I ask you to help manage collecting the forum wisdom to that end? If you can summarize members ‘ “short & sweet” comments to *refute* allergy, I’ll discuss with Drs Lorenz & Prause! Take your time, we have at least 8 weeks or so before “starting”

Ok with you?
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

fernab

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2019, 11:17:50 AM »
Yes Demo, of course!!

I remember that Observer and Quantum told me directly that It was already proven by a chinese Dr's group (if I'm not mistaken ) or something similar.... Nas have you seen those official papers describing and proving that It is not an auto allergy?

Do you know were are those official papers? Suppose it is scientific and public information. Right?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2019, 11:19:01 AM »
Great, fernab!!!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2019, 11:23:03 AM »
If the Chinese study did that, it would be wonderful! But fernab, the investigators will also respect what forum members think as well! But let’s not burden them with more than a few SHORT paragraphs at most!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:27:24 AM by demografx »

fernab

« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2019, 11:26:55 AM »
Ok.... UNL stands for University of Nebraska Lincoln, right?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2019, 11:28:15 AM »
Exactly.

Nas

« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2019, 11:31:57 AM »
Fernab I think every single paper on POIS refuted the involvement of serum IgE concentrations in POISers.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2019, 11:32:07 AM »
...it is better to use blackjack and hookers for optimal accuracy.
;D ;D ;D

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2019, 11:59:28 AM »
...there are no IgE concentration so maybe they're already aware of that?
Let’s not assume anything.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2019, 12:02:38 PM »
fernab, feel free to create a new thread. Up to you.

fernab

« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2019, 12:03:43 PM »
Ok Demo

Nas

« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2019, 12:39:45 PM »
...there are no IgE concentration so maybe they're already aware of that?
Let’s not assume anything.
I wouldn't, but that's what POIS papers say. Beside the fact that it doesn't make sense that you have IgE concentrations for your own semen.

fernab

« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2019, 12:53:56 PM »
I created this thread to add any other references that state clearly that POIS is not due to an auto-allergy.

Anybody can add any reference on it.

Here:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2973.0

Spartak

« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2019, 10:04:34 PM »
Dr. Nicole Prause, our POIS Research Co-investigator

Her lab is 20 minutes from my house, so I will visit, either as POISCenter representative, POIS Research study volunteer, or both.

God's speed!
What a beautiful woman.
Great news, wish them best of luck!
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: March 29, 2019, 11:24:35 PM »
Thanks, Spartak!