Author Topic: Our New RFP ( Request For Proposal) for the new study is out !  (Read 96235 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Our New RFP ( Request For Proposal) for the new study is out !
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2018, 01:48:40 PM »
...ignoring the fact that this condition can SEVERLY IMPACT A PERSONS COGNITION AND CAUSE MINOR DEMENTIA...

Perhaps my comment is a bit off-topic but the dementia part scares me sometimes especially since my brother has tested positive for BDNF, where low BDNF levels are associated with Parkinson and Alzheimer disease aside from depression and stress. I can't remember who told me this but there were a few older POIS patients who developed Parkinson's in their 40's.Click here

Nas

« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2018, 06:16:58 PM »
...ignoring the fact that this condition can SEVERLY IMPACT A PERSONS COGNITION AND CAUSE MINOR DEMENTIA...

Perhaps my comment is a bit off-topic but the dementia part scares me sometimes especially since my brother has tested positive for BDNF, where low BDNF levels are associated with Parkinson and Alzheimer disease aside from depression and stress. I can't remember who told me this but there were a few older POIS patients who developed Parkinson's in their 40's.Click here
I can't believe I'm saying it, but, should we start taking Alzheimer medications? I mean, nothing for me worked to fix my cognitive ability. I might as well try to preserve what is left of it.

Defsync

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2019, 02:59:09 AM »

I can't believe I'm saying it, but, should we start taking Alzheimer medications? I mean, nothing for me worked to fix my cognitive ability. I might as well try to preserve what is left of it.

Lord no. I have. Out of everything I've ever tried, alzheimers scripts nearly killed me. You dont want details. Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors are no joke man, and have to be carefully titrated up over long periods of time before they become effective.

On the topic of NORD grants, I feel like as a group we should look at multiple universities and researchers, and have round robin discussions on who might be the best for a grant. Getting chummy with one researcher then deciding hey you know what, lets give em a shot is probably not the best method for choosing people who are going to take POIS research 110% seriously. I also think doctors in sexual medicine shouldnt be considered, and instead the focus should be on neurologists, like the one who did the study about dementia in men post vasectomy. Doctors who have an inclination into POIS-like interactions, but whose main discipline is neurology.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2019, 01:15:51 AM »

I also think doctors in sexual medicine shouldn’t be considered...

Why not?

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:26:46 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2019, 01:55:45 PM »
NORD just informed me that the POIS search results on NORD's website now include data from NIH's (National Institutes of Health) GARD (Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center).

https://rarediseases.org/?s=pois&submit=

https://rarediseases.org/gard-rare-disease/10809/postorgasmic-illness-syndrome/

Thanks to POISCenter members, including Stef, who helped put this together starting a few years ago!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2019, 11:12:52 AM »
We are lucky if this research uncovers a tiny part of the mechanism of POIS
Thank you for expressing a realistic expectation!

Please also keep in mind that NORD considers this current research to be a  “baby step” with “seed money” that we ourselves raised at POISCenter. The ultimate goal is to attract BIG players, like the National Institutes of Health, with 6-and-7-figure Grants (funding: $32 Billion/year) to explore POIS in the company of research on major illnesses, such as cancer.

This rarely happens as a first step.

So we are on a journey to prove ourselves as being worthy of major research *after* a first study is reputably published and will hopefully garner major medical attention.

Quantum’s recent announcement of our now having attained 750+ registered POISers at the forum made a very good impression at NORD. We look serious!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 08:59:53 PM by demografx »

fernab

« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2019, 11:27:58 AM »
Those are good news!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2019, 11:35:23 AM »
Yes! Thank you, fernab!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2019, 10:03:04 AM »

Our POIS Research Team & Project

https://rarediseases.org/for-clinicians-and-researchers/research-opportunities/research-grant-recipients/

From NORD:

Dear Demo,

We are very pleased to tell you that NORD's Medical Advisory Committee has selected the following POIS research project for funding:

Principal Investigator:Tierney Lorenz, PhD

Institution: University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Project Title: Autonomic, endocrine, and immune mediators of Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome

Congratulations!  We recognize that this has been a long journey for the POIS community and are so excited that this grant funding will be used to support Dr. Lorenz and her team in advancing the field of POIS research.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:25:30 PM by demografx »

Nas

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2019, 11:12:59 AM »

Project Title:                                    Autonomic, endocrine, and immune mediators of Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome

Exactly what we need!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2019, 11:14:46 AM »
Thanks, Nas!!

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2019, 02:06:07 PM »

We now have a new POIS Research Team!!

https://rarediseases.org/for-clinicians-and-researchers/research-opportunities/research-grant-recipients/

From NORD:

Dear Demo,

We are very pleased to tell you that NORD's Medical Advisory Committee has selected the following POIS research project for funding:

Principal Investigator:Tierney Lorenz, PhD

Institution: University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Project Title: Autonomic, endocrine, and immune mediators of Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome

Congratulations!  We recognize that this has been a long journey for the POIS community and are so excited that this grant funding will be used to support Dr. Lorenz and her team in advancing the field of POIS research.

Great !   We now have a POIS study that will soon enter the preparation phase :)

Thanks everyone for your patience !

The title is very interesting, I hope we will have more details soon :)

But just the title indicates that the study will probe at least 3 possible causes of POIS:   nervous system/autonomic , hormones ( endocrine), and auto-immune aspects.  Sounds great !   

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2019, 02:22:31 PM »

Thank you, Quantum!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:45:02 PM by demografx »

fernab

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2019, 02:27:45 PM »
Totally agree with Quantum. Sounds really great!!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2019, 02:31:14 PM »
Thanks, fernab!!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2019, 03:17:09 PM »
Many, many thanks again to everyone here who

contributed your hard-earned fund$ to this new POIS

Study!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:45:21 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2019, 03:24:16 PM »

Our POIS Research Team

Dr. Tierney Lorenz, our Primary Investigator

Dr. Nicole Prause, our Co-Investigator

The POIS data will be collected at Dr. Prause’s lab (Liberos LLC) in Los Angeles, but both Dr. Lorenz and Dr. Prause will be analyzing it.
www.liberoscenter.com

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:07:53 PM by demografx »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2019, 10:08:35 PM »
Thanks for the info, Demo !
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2019, 10:09:47 PM »
My pleasure, Quantum!

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2019, 10:13:40 PM »
Some more info on the primary investigator fo the "poiscenter-funded POIS study" :

https://psychology.unl.edu/tierney-lorenz

The Research interest paragraph shows she has interesting background to investigate the cause of POIS, having studied the link between immunity, hormones, nerouvs system , psychological profile, etc.... and sexual health :

"Dr. Lorenz's research examines the interaction between women's mental, physical and sexual health. The Women, Immunity and Sexual Health (WISH) lab investigates the ways that sexual behavior impact women's immune and endocrine function, as well as ways to help women with mental and/or physical health conditions have happy, healthy sexual lives. We also focus on helping survivors of sexual trauma through basic science and clinical research. Our research draws from evolutionary and feminist science perspectives, and uses methods from multiple fields, including measures of hormones and immune markers, psychophysiological measures of sexual and autonomic arousal,  clinical trials, surveys and interviews, and more. "

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 10:18:00 PM by Quantum »