Author Topic: Our New RFP ( Request For Proposal) for the new study is out !  (Read 50080 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Our New RFP ( Request For Proposal) for the new study is out !
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2019, 11:28:15 AM »
Exactly.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Nas

« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2019, 11:31:57 AM »
Fernab I think every single paper on POIS refuted the involvement of serum IgE concentrations in POISers.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2019, 11:32:07 AM »
...it is better to use blackjack and hookers for optimal accuracy.
;D ;D ;D
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2019, 11:59:28 AM »
...there are no IgE concentration so maybe they're already aware of that?
Let’s not assume anything.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2019, 12:02:38 PM »
fernab, feel free to create a new thread. Up to you.

fernab

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2019, 12:03:43 PM »
Ok Demo

Nas

« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2019, 12:39:45 PM »
...there are no IgE concentration so maybe they're already aware of that?
Let’s not assume anything.
I wouldn't, but that's what POIS papers say. Beside the fact that it doesn't make sense that you have IgE concentrations for your own semen.

fernab

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2019, 12:53:56 PM »
I created this thread to add any other references that state clearly that POIS is not due to an auto-allergy.

Anybody can add any reference on it.

Here:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2973.0

Spartak

« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2019, 10:04:34 PM »
Dr. Nicole Prause, our POIS Research Co-investigator

Her lab is 20 minutes from my house, so I will visit, either as POISCenter representative, POIS Research study volunteer, or both.

God's speed!
What a beautiful woman.
Great news, wish them best of luck!
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: March 29, 2019, 11:24:35 PM »
Thanks, Spartak!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: March 30, 2019, 11:59:35 AM »
We don't have to forget that also a few women also are suffering POIS?
I haven’t seen a credible case yet.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2019, 02:40:03 PM »
From the NORD researchers (thank you fernab, nanna1, et al!)

We intend to test both models (the autoimmune and autonomic/endocrine/inflammation models) as rigorously as possible. We have included the auto-immune hypothesis as (a) it is currently one of the few models that has been formally proposed and documented in the research literature, and thus any reviewer of our research would want to know why we didn’t consider it, and (b) we see evidence of POIS patients (including some on the POISCenter forum) continuing to seek treatment for a perceived auto-allergy, so there are at least some members of the community who will benefit from additional research into the model. Both for the purposes of being systematic, and to show external reviewers (and any future funders we approach to continue the research), we need to test the “standard” model against anything new we propose.

Luckily, the means by which we are testing the auto-allergy model should add no additional burden to the participants (or the research funds) as we have constructed our study to test head-to-head our hypothesized model (the autonomic/endocrine/inflammatory model) against the “standard" hypothesis (i.e., the auto-allergy model). The same measures will be used in either case - if they go one way it will support our model, and if they go the other way it will support the auto-allergy model.

Cheers
Dr L

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 03:18:05 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2019, 03:51:30 PM »
POST MOVED FROM FAMILIAR PLACE

To me, this is GREAT NEWS from the researchers!

“[We will] show...future funders we approach to continue the research...”
From: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2462.msg28805#msg28805

This is the first commitment I’ve ever seen - - in my 12 years here - - from outside POIS researchers who are willing to commit to a long term strategy to successfully get this ugly disorder of ours...possibly CURED!

:) Thank you, RESEARCH TEAM! :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 03:56:09 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2019, 10:59:57 PM »
Dr Nicole Prause, our POIS study co-investigator, talked to Reader's Digest about what happens in the brain during sex. Sex sex. Actual sex. And masturbation.
https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/happens-to-brain-when-have-sex/

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:39:49 PM by demografx »

fernab

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2019, 03:41:38 AM »
Dr Nicole Prause, our POIS study co-investigator, talked to Reader's Digest about what happens in the brain during sex. Sex sex. Actual sex. And masturbation.
https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/happens-to-brain-when-have-sex/

The following chemicals are mentioned on that article. All seems to be neurotransmiters, neurohormones or hormones:

Prolactine
Dopamine
Norepinefrine
Serotonin
Vasopressin
Oxytocin

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:21:45 AM by demografx »