Author Topic: Flooding as A Treatment for Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome  (Read 3131 times)

VictorHugo

Flooding as A Treatment for Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome
« on: March 26, 2017, 08:39:09 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Just found something interesting here: http://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S1743-6095(16)30671-3/abstract

I am not sure this has been posted earlier in the POIS forum.

Cheers!

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Flooding as A Treatment for Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 09:46:33 AM »
Hi VictorHugo,

Thanks for the link.  No, I think it has never been mentioned on the forum.

Unfortunately, "flooding" is not something that ever helped me with POIS.  After 38 years or so of POIS, I never got any psychological "desensitization", and being married, I had to go on with sex, at least form time to time, so if it would have been useful for me, I would have known by now.  In addition, and it is the same for many other members here, symptoms are cumulative, and severity of symptoms increase with repetition of ejaculation, to a point that it becomes unmanageable, and even dangerous, and very long to overcome, and just totally unbearable, obviously.  So before trying this flooding approach, better have some vacations ahead, and no important task to do in a near future.   I hear this may means no more than 2 to 3 ejaculations a week, but for me, even this frequency is totally impossible, considering my work and my responsibilities as a father, and as a spouse.

My take is that it may be useful for some mild POIS cases, when the toll is not that much, and the psychological aspect ( anxiety, unconscious inner resistance) is important.  But that is only my opinion.   Like giving a lot of oral presentations will decrease stage fright, or flying a plane more often will decrease the anxiety linked to air travel.

What is your perspective on this?  Did you have any success with "flooding"?
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259