« on: March 31, 2011, 06:41:58 PM »
gone.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:51:46 AM by cornelius »

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: New Job
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 08:06:46 AM »
Good luck on the new job.

Even though it may not be the ideal job, it's work, and it can give you time to build back the auto-estime and start living again.

I suffer less from cognitive symptoms, but from the couple of bad sessions I've had, I know it can be tough. Hang in there. Try not to beat yourself up, and do the best you can.

I'm sure you'll be OK.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

poised

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
I'd love to live up to the high standards that I set myself, but POIS is an absolute curse.

I, working as a programmer and having severe cognitive symptoms, understand you perfectly. I can't perform as I can in a normal condition, just trying not to be a low-performer and no chance for being an over-achiever.

Anyway, even having this unnatural condition, never give up, more confidence in what you are able to do.

Good luck.

Green

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 08:20:28 AM »
Hope the job turns out well!

I program in C++ for some of my uni work, I can just about read and make sense of it and write some basic programs, whilst out POIS, soon as POIS I lose all ability to do any real work and usually sit there gazing at the screen as though I'm reading hebrew.

I've been threatened to be fired a few times at my job, but I've been able to get supporting documentation from GP about health, and since work have been a little understanding if I need to take a sick, I'm sure they don't like it, but there is no way around it, I can barely do anything productive on POIS days, so work is always going to be out of the picture, I don't have a clue how some of you even drive and cover a whole day at work whilst in POIS.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 12:05:00 PM »
One can really see how this thing is! I realize that even I, who has POIS regularly, hadn't even really seen the depth of what you're talking about, until fairly recently, as I have had a couple (two that is) sessions with heavy cognitive symptoms.

We, with POIS, can relate, even though in varying degrees, but unless you have heavier cognitive symptoms you can't really "understand". Our poll shows that near 80% have mostly cognitive symptoms. So the prognosis is bad!

If even I hadn't really "understood", how can a boss or a doctor? With the way people think nowadays, for a company it's better just to "dump" the load.

Very little progress since the days of "blood-letting".
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 07:00:06 PM »
Maybe you could focus on more ways to lower the libido. not sure what they might be, but if you could give yourself a little more time, you might be able to come to the surface a bit more.

AND COME HERE MORE OFTEN. Good to see you. And beside, can stay in tune with the POIS reality and perhaps even get enthiused about potential....

Willem

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 12:50:29 PM »
I suppose that the problem is a combination of my memory-loss, leading to a different perception of time than most people (I forget that I've been failing to accomplish something for up to a week).

Very well put!  Best of luck on the job.  The other thing I hate about this condition is making promises when feeling good, and then not being able to follow-up when in POIS (or forgetting about it altogether). 

The only thing I like about the forgetting part is that it does reduce my stress because I totally forget about the stuff I'm supposed to do. 

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
LOL  ;D ;D ;D

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 08:24:59 AM »
Maybe we should start a small internet business among POISers. Enough of us that there would always be enough of us in shape to do a good job. We could set up orgasm schedules, like weekly shift schedules!!

Green

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 05:21:25 PM »
Sounds like a plan, you got the other engineer here.

tbh, we have to realise we are sick peope and we are at a severe underadvantage, I doubt there will be a career sucessful POIS person out there, I just about manage, that's all, it beats me up and makes me feel pathetic.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 10:17:11 PM »
I suppose that the problem is a combination of my memory-loss, leading to a different perception of time than most people (I forget that I've been failing to accomplish something for up to a week).

Very well put!  Best of luck on the job.  The other thing I hate about this condition is making promises when feeling good, and then not being able to follow-up when in POIS (or forgetting about it altogether). 

The only thing I like about the forgetting part is that it does reduce my stress because I totally forget about the stuff I'm supposed to do. 
yeah the feeling good part gets me to, i set things in motion while feeling good and then bam everything falls apart with that sweet NE

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 06:04:19 AM »
Maybe we should start a small internet business among POISers. Enough of us that there would always be enough of us in shape to do a good job. We could set up orgasm schedules, like weekly shift schedules!!

I love this idea. POIS Corp.
Any idea what we should do?