Author Topic: Friends, I need advice! Should I go ahead with Varicocele Micro-Surgery  (Read 3259 times)

Iamnobodi

This is not really related to POIS, so moderators please forgive me.

Friends,

I am in a dilemma. My urologist has suggested me for varicocele microsurgery based on my low testosterone even though there could be a multitude of other factors causing it. My testosterone levels tested last week were 273. Very low for a 22 year old man. He said that a varicocele could cause me further problems down the line. And who knows it could lessen my POIS symptoms since it has proven that varicoceles impact hormones. Probably not though, haha.

He also suggested removing my epididymal cysts and a hydrocele. He compared these things has having a defective car. But I don't know whether to go ahead with it or not. Mainly because the varicocele, epididymal cysts and hydrocele are not causing me any problems like pain or enlargement of the scrotum. Although I did get a case of a painful left testicular swelling, for which the cause has not been properly determined by my doctor in the month of March.

Luckily my insurance is covering this surgery. But I really don't want to get surgery if I really don't need it.

What do you guys think?

Cheers :)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Unfortunately, Iamnobodi, the forum rules prevent us from giving medical advice. We are simply not qualified, especially over the Internet.

Even if one or more of us are medical professionals, it would be unethical to give advice without seeing you in person.

Best wishes!

ps - I'm having minor surgery (not for POIS) this week. Your situation sounds a little like mine: even my doctors & surgeon after seeing me and scanning me several times said:

"Demo, it's really up to you"...!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:18:38 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Nico

I've wondered if vericocele surgery could help my POIS. I remember when I was diagnosed as very young man, my doc told me it could lower sperm count in the future. Now I'm 39 with two kids and only occasional discomfort in that area, but no other symptoms that I associate with it (besides wondering about POIS)...

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Perhaps Dr. Komisaruk's POIS/vagus-nerve conclusions might shed light on this?
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

BoneBroth

Re: Friends, I need advice! Should I go ahead with Varicocele Micro-Surgery
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 12:19:31 PM »
This might very well have something with POIS to do! Varicose veins on the blood vessels to the testes can supress testosterone according to this guy. If the varicocele is fixed the testosterone level might increase alot, and that might be very beneficial for balancing inflammatory hormones. According to Christoffer Walker this can be fixed either by surgery or by taking natural supplements.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 05:42:03 PM by BoneBroth »