Author Topic: Chart of POIS Types and Their Possible Relief Methods (ongoing project)  (Read 105682 times)

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Chart of POIS Types (ongoing project)
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2017, 07:01:14 AM »
If anybody is aware of a member that could be added as a reference member to any of the POIS types of the chart, let me know, along with links to the post(s) on the forum where this member have written about his relief by a particular method ( which define, in my chart, the belonging to a particular group, see initial post of this thread for details about this )

The more members we will have in any specific group, the easier it will be to find the subtle differences that are particular to this group.  That's the first step in trying to see how many POIS types, in fact, there are, and what is the best way to relieve each of these types.

I'm in Quantum.

I have tried it about 3 times with 70%+ success and assume it will continue to be effective. I take: B3, B1, B6, B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Fenugreek, Alfalfa.

No idea what category you want to put that in. :)
Who the hell knows what is working and what isn't. Could be the B's, could be the Fenugreek, could be a combination...

Is it worth adding an extra marker for: how you deal with NE's so we know what people are doing and what the success is?

This was an amazing chart - am sure we can't thank you enough.

Hi Michael, and thanks for your positive comments, and for your input as a reference member.

I feel I would include you in the "pre-pack" type, since I think that all those in this section have their own custom pre-pack, but the method is similar, and composition of those pre-packs have some common themes, like antioxidants, mast-cell stabilizers, and so on.

If you could detail the dosage of each element in your pre-pack, that would be more useful info still.

If you have any hint about what makes your symptoms worse, that's useful info to add too.

You can also mentioned of your POIS is or is not worsened by 1- hot showers,  and 2- caffeine , and 3 - physical exercise.

In the long run, all those details may help us in understanding POIS pathophysiology.   

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Michael218

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2017, 02:32:50 AM »
Hi Quantum,

Always great to read your replies. So incredibly helpful.

Dosages taken are: B3 (500 mg, niacinamide 'Natures Own' brand), B1 (250 mg), B6 (200 mg), B12 (1000 mcg), alfalfa, Fenugreek (1000 mg), Vitamin C (1000) & an E (500 IU, Blackmores) - all about 1-1.5 hours before release - zinc was taken afterwards (40 mg) and usually 400 mg of Magnesium with the zinc.

Will delay adding info on hot showers, caffeine etc until I test it consciously to provide a more accurate analysis. Caffeine doesn't seem to make my POIS noticeably worse, may even improve it due to the caffeine boost. Hot showers not sure at all at this point, can't be too much difference if it isn't noticeable.

One thing - the last 2 times I had POIS because of an NE or missing taking the prepack, taking B3 afterwards made it really bad. Increased anxiety and symptoms lasted an extra 1-2 days! So no more B3 afterwards for me. I took it once after a NE and it made it worse, and also took it with the other B's (1,6,12) and it also made it much worse. So, no B's for me during POIS.

Please let me know if you need any other info. Am in a very conscious testing phase so happy to take any ideas on board.

Thanks Quantum!

Michael218

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2017, 06:39:15 AM »
P.S. tried my pre-pack last night adding magnesium (tablet is 325 mg magnesium also contains 60 mg of Vitamin B6, manganese 6 mg - cenovis brand)

And fish oil (180 epa, 120 dha- thompsons brand)

Basically no symptoms at all today. Took the prepack last night 1.3 hours prior to release.

Very pleased indeed. If only I had any clue what ingredients actually make the difference. :) Happy to take them all until then!

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2017, 08:57:20 AM »
Thanks for the useful input, Michael, I will add your info to my chart ! 

Yes, this method imply taking a lot of supplements at once.  I don't think it is one in particualr doing all the job, I think it is a synergistic effect  ( at least in my own case), so for more than two years, have been taking all of them each time, and that's fine with me, and it's still effective.

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Nas

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2017, 04:49:42 PM »
Hey Michael,
So I tried the supplements I ordered a month ago that I told you about, ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GXD6G92?psc=1 ).
I took 500mg of that pack on empty stomach and waited an hour but nothing happened, I still had pois without a noticeable change.
I'm not ruling out the Pack though; I ordered Zinc, Alfafa, Fenugreek and Vitamin E, and I'll see if all collectively might work.
What do you think ? should I wait more than an hour before O ? should I increase the dose to 1000mg ?

Michael218

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 07:37:51 AM »
Great idea Nas. I'd time it at exactly 1 hour and 15 minutes after taking the pre-pack for your first attempt. And not eat at least 2-3 hours prior to taking them.

So, after you add the new ones into your mix, what will you be taking in total? I would definitely just copy my pre-pack exactly. Definitely include the fish oil and magnesium! I'm excited to hear how your results go.

I'd stick to 500 mg maximum. I use a flush-free Niacin, so no flush at all. But then again, i'm not even sure if the Niacin is what is working for me - it could be the B1, 6 & 12! Or some of the other weird ones like Fenugreek or Alfalfa.

Try them all collectively and report back to us!
Which country are you in? Isn't here faster places to buy instead of Amazon?

Good luck there.

Michael218

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 07:53:45 AM »
Nas, I just looked at your B complex and it says they are 'time released'. That (to me) is exactly what you DON'T want. :)

The B's are effective only because they kick in immediately to give the brain the boost it needs during 'o' to stop the brain from going out of balance at that crucial moment.

What does Quantum think?

Nas

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 04:08:27 PM »
I live in Iraq in the south, and ya know. It's not the best place when it comes to finding stuff online.
Didn't tell Quantum about it, hopefully he sees this.
I'm glad you told me about the timely release thing. It's too bad that the upcoming pack of supplements is already ordered, I could've ordered them all together.
I'll try and see if I can find some B supplements that aren't time released. For me here in Iraq getting stuff shipped all the way takes a while and can be a bit expensive so it'll be sure a pain in the ass but I will try.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »
I live in Iraq in the south, and ya know. It's not the best place when it comes to finding stuff online.
Didn't tell Quantum about it, hopefully he sees this.
I'm glad you told me about the timely release thing. It's too bad that the upcoming pack of supplements is already ordered, I could've ordered them all together.
I'll try and see if I can find some B supplements that aren't time released. For me here in Iraq getting stuff shipped all the way takes a while and can be a bit expensive so it'll be sure a pain in the ass but I will try.

Hi Nas,

In order to partly overcome the time-released tablet problem, try to cut your tablets in 2 or 3 pieces before taking them - this will usually help to disrupt the time release matrix, and help for a faster absorption ( crushing them in powder would help further still and make them like standard, fast acting tablets, but that makes things more complicated).   

These tablets are concentrated enough, at 100mg or 100mcg, to get all the b-complex boost your body can take - as you may have noticed, your urine will be bright yellow after taking it, the over will be eliminated in the urine, because b-complex vitamins are very hydrophilic, .  Also, taking too much vitamin B6 can be neurotoxic, so be careful and stay at one tablet per day ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B6#Side_effects ). 

Nas

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2017, 05:19:52 PM »
Hello, Quantum.
Ok, so duly noted. But as you saw with Michael's pack he takes about 1000mg of B12 and 500mg of Niacin, so for lowering the dose so that I take less B6 I would also take less B12 and B3 Which might be a bit of an issue. I will try your advice though.
Also you said "daily" but I'm not following a daily dosage of this supplement rather I'm taking it on empty stomach before O probably once a week, so that might be a good justification for taking 500mg ? what do you think ?

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2017, 09:37:11 PM »
I really think that taking supplements just before release, and not daily, is far more effective.  Espacially for B-complex, I have found that their effect is often fading after a few weeks when taken daily.

Michael218

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2017, 06:37:02 AM »
Agreed (before 'o' only). We don't want to build up an immunity to them. Also, as far as I remember reading we need to be careful with some of these B vitamins as they affect the brain and too higher dosage taken daily can be very harmful.

Michael218

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2017, 06:56:32 AM »
Nas, amazed you can't find a local source for Vitamins in Iraq. How about shopping in a store in Dubai? They will ship to Iraq relatively quickly. Did you check these guys? https://www.biovea.com/ae/mobile/index.aspx

Amazon may be cheaper of course.

Good luck.

Nas

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2017, 07:02:20 PM »
We do have different supplements sold at local pharamcies but we just don't have dedicated stores for supplemnts, nor do we have a wide range of choices when it comes to local pharmacies.

Michael218

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2017, 08:01:16 PM »
Okay, I see. Oh well, shouldn't be too long.

Unvers

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2017, 09:23:47 AM »
If I suffer mainly of brain fog, depression, social anxiety and strained eyes what type of POIS would have I?

I found the most similar to be the POIS caused by mytelase and lechitin.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2017, 10:03:52 AM »
If I suffer mainly of brain fog, depression, social anxiety and strained eyes what type of POIS would have I?

Hi Unvers,

I am sure you meant 'similar to POIS that is "relieved" by mytelase and lecithin '( rather than "caused by").

Be aware that my 'POIS types' classification is not a definitive chart, but a work in progress, where I try to gather in one place as much useful information as possible on the different methods that bring relief for POIS, along with information about what could predict success with one method or the other  ( this would be more useful than having to try each and every one method in order to find which one could be of help).

As you may know, by forum rules, we do not give direct advise to others on what they should take.   You can discuss that with a health professional. That being said, lecithin is a rather safe product to try, is not very expensive, so you can ask your pharmacist or physician if it is OK for you to try it.   

As you may know, some members have good results, on the long run, by eating eggs daily, and I suspect it is because they are a good source of choline/lecithin.   

Mytelase is usually on prescription only, and from members testimony, is more complicated to work with.   That clearly has to be done under the supervision of a physician.

In theory, lecithin should be good, at the least, for cognitive problems such as memory problems, concentration problems, and the like.  If you choose to give it a try, please report your results on the forum after some time.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:05:29 AM by Quantum »

Unvers

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2017, 04:41:29 AM »

Hi Unvers,

I am sure you meant 'similar to POIS that is "relieved" by mytelase and lecithin '( rather than "caused by").

Be aware that my 'POIS types' classification is not a definitive chart, but a work in progress, where I try to gather in one place as much useful information as possible on the different methods that bring relief for POIS, along with information about what could predict success with one method or the other  ( this would be more useful than having to try each and every one method in order to find which one could be of help).

As you may know, by forum rules, we do not give direct advise to others on what they should take.   You can discuss that with a health professional. That being said, lecithin is a rather safe product to try, is not very expensive, so you can ask your pharmacist or physician if it is OK for you to try it.   

As you may know, some members have good results, on the long run, by eating eggs daily, and I suspect it is because they are a good source of choline/lecithin.   

Mytelase is usually on prescription only, and from members testimony, is more complicated to work with.   That clearly has to be done under the supervision of a physician.

In theory, lecithin should be good, at the least, for cognitive problems such as memory problems, concentration problems, and the like.  If you choose to give it a try, please report your results on the forum after some time.

Thanks so much, I will try with eggs for now.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2017, 06:44:56 AM »
Thanks so much, I will try with eggs for now.

Hi Unvers,  about eggs and POIS, Bulbo is the reference member.  See his thread on eggs at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2192.msg21487#msg21487  . Note that in his case, POIS have slowly got shorter and shorter in duration, over a couple of years, so you will have to be patient in your test.

Unvers

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2017, 06:41:35 AM »
Quantum thank you so much for your work, I ate two eggs after orgasm and felt better, never been so good after an orgasm in my life, unfortunately it was short on duration and symptoms are slowly coming back, mainly brain fog, less depression, now I am using nicotine and caffeine as usual to manage POIS, maybe I will eat another egg later.