Poll

Are your eyes floaty or out of focus after an O, or during a POIS episode?

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)
Somewhat
0 (0%)
Haven't  noticed
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: April 11, 2016, 10:34:09 AM

Author Topic: Are your eyes floaty after an O / during a POIS episode?  (Read 7851 times)

notmythirdaccount

Are your eyes floaty after an O / during a POIS episode?
« on: April 09, 2016, 10:34:09 AM »
Hey guys,

I've noticed that during a POIS episode and after an O, maybe 6-8 hours after my eyes become floaty. The only way I can describe it is that it's difficult to focus on one single spot.

It feels similar to how my eyes feel after a few drinks, but without alcohol.

My eyes would feel out of focus, like my eyelids are open larger than usual, and theres a slight movement when I try to focus on a single target.

mellivora

Re: Are your eyes floaty after an O / during a POIS episode?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:18:46 AM »
I don't have what you describe. However, I do sometimes seem to get one eye that is slightly blurrier. It seems it can be associated with O but I've never quite tied down whether the correlation is real in a scientific sense. Blurrier vision after O is something that has been mentioned by a few other POIS sufferers over the years.

Scary sheep

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 09:57:15 AM »
I get the same feeling as well as blurriness randomly. My eyes feel sort of "sandy" the day after O. I think it may be because of the muscle fatigue I get from pois, which causes the eyelids to be less efficient.
Symptoms last 6-7 days. Onset of muscle weakness after 30 seconds. Symptoms include: brain fog, fatigue, depression, pale skin/dark circles under eyes,  digestive problems, difficulty taking a full breath, irritability. NONE of these are present out of POIS.

zeynali900

• POISers of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 05:33:26 AM »
Mine doesn't match your description. I get tired and itchy eyes.
fatigue - eye fatigue - muscle weakness - poor mental functioning - problem recalling words - mild pain in muscles, eyes, head, and neck - lightheadedness - depression - lethargy - red eyes - fever
26 single male suffering since teenage
symptoms occur immediately or up to 30 minutes

ThisType

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 07:41:43 PM »
I have trouble locking on someone's eyes when in conversation - like the eyes are defocused  and observing a larger area.  It makes having the conversation even more challenging.  Would that be an accurate characterization of what you're describing?

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 11:41:21 AM »
Yes I agree with you on this you are right
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

Marcusq

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 01:30:13 PM »
So an accurate description, the same for me. Even suffering it more in the left eye than the right one

Unvers

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 04:06:47 AM »
Same here, more blurry vision, I am already myopic but after orgasm it worsen and feel my eyes tired.

Warrior

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2024, 06:27:52 AM »
I experience this as one of my symptoms of food sensitivity (and technically POIS)

Garlic & fenugreek seem to improve this to some degree, but I need to retest. Similar to 'eye pain', although it’s more like the eyes just don’t focus or relax normally upon 1 spot.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/symptoms/17796-eye-pain. From the page: Eye pain can affect one or both eyes. You can have eye pain because of things like injuries, inflammation and infections.

Many of my food sensitivity symptoms are very infection-like: muscle weakness, throat fatigue, eye pain - hard to focus as OP says, etc.

It's an odd symptom. OP put it perfectly 'The only way I can describe it is that it's difficult to focus on one single spot.'

I did not experience this symptom on my animal-based protocol eating strict animal-based meals. Ever since I have been experimenting with methylation nutrients and eating more non animal-based foods did this symptom become more common. With that being said, since discovering methylation nutrients I haven't felt like I needed the raw garlic and fenugreek as much. I am going to take these more frequently and see if it fixes this symptom.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 06:51:03 AM by Warrior »

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2024, 02:12:50 PM »
I experience this as one of my symptoms of food sensitivity (and technically POIS)

Garlic & fenugreek seem to improve this to some degree, but I need to retest. Similar to 'eye pain', although it’s more like the eyes just don’t focus or relax normally upon 1 spot.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/symptoms/17796-eye-pain. From the page: Eye pain can affect one or both eyes. You can have eye pain because of things like injuries, inflammation and infections.

Many of my food sensitivity symptoms are very infection-like: muscle weakness, throat fatigue, eye pain - hard to focus as OP says, etc.

It's an odd symptom. OP put it perfectly 'The only way I can describe it is that it's difficult to focus on one single spot.'

I did not experience this symptom on my animal-based protocol eating strict animal-based meals. Ever since I have been experimenting with methylation nutrients and eating more non animal-based foods did this symptom become more common. With that being said, since discovering methylation nutrients I haven't felt like I needed the raw garlic and fenugreek as much. I am going to take these more frequently and see if it fixes this symptom.

I also have this condition. My right eye tends to float outwards whenever I am tired and try to focus on something at close range. As in POIS mode my eyes are tired all the time this happens a lot more. Actually this symptom is called convergence insufficiency which is associated to inflammation and neurodegenerative diseases.

Convergence insufficiency (CI) is a common ocular motility disorder characterized by an insufficient amount of convergence required to achieve and maintain clear, binocular vision at near fixation.
Apart from idiopathic, CI is also associated with number of other diseases and conditions such as: myasthenia gravis, intoxications, infections, inflammations, neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson's disease, progressive supranuclear palsy and Huntington's chorea), Parinaud syndrome, head trauma and intracranial ischemia.
Although it can be asymptomatic, people suffering from this disorder of oculomotor mobility show symptoms such as: eye strain, blurred vision or horizontal diplopia, asthenopia, reduced concentration, difficulties in performing close-up activities, headaches (mostly after long hours of reading, in the frontal or periocular region), all this leads to reduced academic performance and impairment of the quality of life. The most often, the symptomatology is more pronounced during stress, illness, or lack of sleep.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_ylo=2020&q=convergence+insufficiency+S+Pandilov%2C+I+Isjanovski+-+Macedonian+Journal+of+Anaesthesia&btnG=

Convergence insufficiency is caused by complications coronating eye movements and muscles. Instead of the eyes coming together (converging) to focus on objects close by, one or both eyes point outward.
Because the brain controls all eye movement, damage to the brain is the leading cause of convergence insufficiency. However, the exact cause of this condition remains a mystery.
The working theory among researchers is that neurogenerative disease such as Parkinson’s disease, myasthenia gravis and Alzheimer’s disease in some way cause CI.

https://www.nvisioncenters.com/conditions/convergence-insufficiency/
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

Warrior

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2024, 04:00:07 PM »

I also have this condition. My right eye tends to float outwards whenever I am tired and try to focus on something at close range. As in POIS mode my eyes are tired all the time this happens a lot more. Actually this symptom is called convergence insufficiency which is associated to inflammation and neurodegenerative diseases.

Convergence insufficiency (CI) is a common ocular motility disorder characterized by an insufficient amount of convergence required to achieve and maintain clear, binocular vision at near fixation.
Apart from idiopathic, CI is also associated with number of other diseases and conditions such as: myasthenia gravis, intoxications, infections, inflammations, neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson's disease, progressive supranuclear palsy and Huntington's chorea), Parinaud syndrome, head trauma and intracranial ischemia.
Although it can be asymptomatic, people suffering from this disorder of oculomotor mobility show symptoms such as: eye strain, blurred vision or horizontal diplopia, asthenopia, reduced concentration, difficulties in performing close-up activities, headaches (mostly after long hours of reading, in the frontal or periocular region), all this leads to reduced academic performance and impairment of the quality of life. The most often, the symptomatology is more pronounced during stress, illness, or lack of sleep.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_ylo=2020&q=convergence+insufficiency+S+Pandilov%2C+I+Isjanovski+-+Macedonian+Journal+of+Anaesthesia&btnG=

Convergence insufficiency is caused by complications coronating eye movements and muscles. Instead of the eyes coming together (converging) to focus on objects close by, one or both eyes point outward.
Because the brain controls all eye movement, damage to the brain is the leading cause of convergence insufficiency. However, the exact cause of this condition remains a mystery.
The working theory among researchers is that neurogenerative disease such as Parkinson’s disease, myasthenia gravis and Alzheimer’s disease in some way cause CI.

https://www.nvisioncenters.com/conditions/convergence-insufficiency/

Woah thanks for pointing out the correct term. For me, it doesn't really effect my vision but it's definitely unpleasant and distracting. Definitely doesn't feel normal. I took some fenugreek and garlic last night and it definitely seemed to improve it, but it was taken after the sensitivity (food POIS-like symptom) occurred. Not sure if it would work when taken beforehand to prevent the sensitivity.