Author Topic: does it sound like I have POIS?  (Read 3369 times)

Zingyzigzagoon

does it sound like I have POIS?
« on: March 29, 2016, 02:58:31 PM »
I think I may have POIS, but I have symptoms I don't ever seem to see online. after ejaculation, I experience severe to mild burning on the tip of my urethra, as well as burning sensation in what feels like my prostate area. I also generally feel sick to my stomach. these symptoms start about 15 minutes after ejaculating, and last at the most an hour, though sometimes I notice the stomach sensation the following morning. I have had my prostate checked and it was normal, and I have been tested for STDs but am clear there too. I have a lot of food allergies, and take thyroid medicine. I would say these symptoms happen 75% of the time. I do plan to see a urologist, but with how little the medical world seems to know about autoimmune diseases, I wonder what I'll end up getting out of it. still will see one though. thanks for reading!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: does it sound like I have POIS?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 04:34:11 PM »

Zingyzigzagoon, welcome to POISCenter!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 07:12:59 AM »
I think I may have POIS, but I have symptoms I don't ever seem to see online. after ejaculation, I experience severe to mild burning on the tip of my urethra, as well as burning sensation in what feels like my prostate area. I also generally feel sick to my stomach. these symptoms start about 15 minutes after ejaculating, and last at the most an hour, though sometimes I notice the stomach sensation the following morning. I have had my prostate checked and it was normal, and I have been tested for STDs but am clear there too. I have a lot of food allergies, and take thyroid medicine. I would say these symptoms happen 75% of the time. I do plan to see a urologist, but with how little the medical world seems to know about autoimmune diseases, I wonder what I'll end up getting out of it. still will see one though. thanks for reading!

Hi Zingy,

Here on the forum, these symptoms already have been mentionned by members ( burning sensation in urethra, pain or burnng in the prostate area. stomach problems ).

Happily for you, if these are your only symptoms, it is not a severe case of POIS.  Do you have fatigue, or cognitive, or emotional symptoms ?  Right form the start, if you have no fatigue, and no cognitive symptoms, you do not have the 2 most frequent symptoms.  I am sure that you are bothered by the symptoms you have, but from what I understand from your post, they do not interfere with your daily activities, and you do not have to make any particular adjustment to be able to go on with yur normal routine   ( many members have to develop elaborate strategies just to be able to cope with relationship, work, and any normal activity).

Did you always have these POIS symptoms, and if not, anything particular happened just before they appeared?

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Zingyzigzagoon

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 03:19:21 AM »
thanks for the reply! I have been dealing with the symptoms off and on for about two years now, and they started up around the same time my food allergies intensified. the symptoms tend to be worse during allergy season, which is really starting to kick off now. I suppose I have had fatigue issues in the past, but I feel like food allergies contributed to that more than anything. maybe allergy shots could improve my situation