Author Topic: Diet that 100% manages my POIS! (Changed from:Diet that CURED my POIS!)  (Read 72713 times)

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Diet that CURED my POIS!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2016, 12:40:08 PM »
It's really strange. Each time I eat SUGAR my Pois comes back. With taurine my symptoms are clearly decreased.
I had an ejaculation two days ago. I have worked the two with a medium/high intensity and i feel some fatigue. I have eaten SUGAR and some hours after these flu-like or hot fleshes symptoms. Strange...

Hi b_jim

Not so strange, in my vision of what causes POIS.

http://www.lowcarbmonthly.com/general-health/the-relationship-between-sugar-and-inflammation.html  ( article with scientific references )

http://goodfoodeating.com/6624/sugar-and-inflammation/

That is part of the reasons why each and every healthy diet advice tells to avoid too much sugars, especially refined sugars.

For a message I have posted here more than a year ago about High Frustose Corn Syrup ( HFCS,or "glucose-frustose" on French labels), and what I think it has as effect in POIS, see http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1235.msg15572#msg15572

Did those POIS symptoms occurred despite taking you taurine supplementation regularly ?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:43:52 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 02:25:10 PM »
...That is part of the reasons why each and every healthy diet advice tells to avoid too much sugars, especially refined sugars...

Help!
I can't stop!!
I've got a...

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:18:40 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2016, 02:24:20 AM »

Yes, with the taurine I can work after ejaculation.

Maybe you are right about Pois/inflammation. And what was i tought last years.
But I can't "feel" the inflammation. And i have no effects with anti-inflammatory meds or plants.

Taurine = Anti-Pois
Suffering from lyme disease

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2016, 06:30:26 AM »
Yes, with the taurine I can work after ejaculation.

Maybe you are right about Pois/inflammation. And what was i tought last years.
But I can't "feel" the inflammation. And i have no effects with anti-inflammatory meds or plants.

Hi b_jim,

POIS symptoms are, for me, effects of the inflammation that we can "feel".  For example, fatigue, irritability, personality change, and cognitive symptoms, like brain fog and others, can all be signs of inflammation in the brain.  Flu-like symptoms, obviously, are signs of an immune reaction all over the body, just like in actual flu, except the production of the inflammatory mediators ( cytokines and others) are not triggered by the presence of a virus ( but in the end, it is the same pro-inflammatory messengers that are produced, so the effects are very similar).

From what you say, I guess that taurine controls part of your immune system over-reaction, but another or other branches of the (very) complex immune system are not blocked by taurine, in particular if triggered by the presence of sugar.  In my own case, I had to stack many supplements in order to get a higher  level of relief, and I do think it is because a high number of different domino effects are produced by numerous metabolic and immune events happening when POIS "unfolds' in our body. So, when I had a good relief with one substance, let's say like taurine, then I would search a second one to add to the first, in order to block another metabolic pathway affected by POIS.  And the fact that we have all the same kind of symptoms, but we each have a very specific presentation of how they "unfold" in our body, is a sign for me that a process with multiple branches is at play  ( hence my vision of "clusters" of symptoms).

Apart from limiting your sugar intake, I wish you to get still better relief by finding a second useful supplement that will add to the already good relief you have with taurine.

All supplements labeled as "antioxidants" are anti-inflammatory as well, at the metabolic level, because they neutralize free radicals, by definition, and the damage cause by free radicals is "inflammation".  So, not only those strictly called "anti-inflammatory" can be useful in POIS. Those who bear the anti-inflammatory label tend to be those useful in arthritis, for example, and works similar to classic AINS, like on the COX 1 or COX 2 pathway.  But in POIS, I believe it is a kind of disseminate, metabolic inflammation, and by blocking some specific pathways, you get relief ( mast cells stabilizing, NMDAR blockers, IDO and TDO inhibitors, antioxidant that have direct anti-inflammatory effects in tissues, espacially in the brain for emotionnal and cognitive symptoms, and so on.... ).

« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 06:44:43 AM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Going less Crazy

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 09:08:54 PM »
Yeah sugar is not really going to help anybody.  I did think HFCS was really bad for me in the past.  Now I can handle it better.  It's usually when I eat an offending food than HFCS, the effects are very bad.  Think it may have to do something with my gut once I eat a bad food.  Maybe it is more "porous" or whatever but who knows.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

Current supps: 1 tsp olive oil on occasion. 400mg-600mg Ibuprofen for mood if needed.
Cannelini beans for sleep (phosphatidylserine)

b_jim

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 11:37:21 AM »
Once again maybe you are right. And I have often talked about inflammation. All is possible.

Now, maybe I imagine something else. For example, I imagine the hot flashes are caused by hypothalamus. (because it's the center of body temp regulation, like during premenstrual symptoms for women).

If we could measure the activity of our hypothalamus activity during Pois, we might have surprises. I think dopamine/testosterone (and then sugar) fluctuations by orgasm might make the hypothalamus crazy.

Taurine = Anti-Pois

POISrival

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 01:41:09 PM »
Thanks for your input GLC

for me, eggs are OK. actually eggs (only boiled) seem to helpful.

Here is my diet list that may be helpful in speeding up recovery of POIS
1- Olive oil (I can confirm it helps, it reduces irritablity)
2- Tuna
3- Vegetables
4- Slightly sweet fruits like apples.
5- Boiled eggs
6- cinnamon drink

How do you incorporate the olive oil to relieve irritability? Cook with it?

I drink 2-3 tea spoons of virgin olive oil, preferably when I have an empty stomach. I dont add water to it or cook with it, I just drink the oil the way it is
POIS is my worst enemy

Going less Crazy

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2016, 06:51:14 PM »
I'd be careful with the olive oil.  I've started drinking some straight, about a tbsp every night for weight gain and inflammation.  But I've noticed a good increase in brain fog/red eyes while on it.  Also night sweats?  I wonder why this would be.

I was using evoo before and now just extra light.  But I'll take a break from the olive oil now and focus on my diet w/o experimenting.

*update.  Did some searches on extra virgin olive oil... Some sites claim it's really healthy and antiinflammatory, and others say it can cause inflammation?  Isn't evoo a fat and wouldn't that lead to inflammation?

This is just a warning if you find an increase in brain fog when taking it.  It happened to me.

**update again, with that being said I had a bad reaction to soy, which is one of the main things Celiac's should avoid.  I'm not sure if I had this when trying the olive oil, but just in case if you feel foggy it might be the oo.  Apparently they put soy in tuna now.  I remember it being just tuna and water in the past.  I'll put that on the list.

What's good though is my pois doesn't correlate to orgasm any more, mainly the foods I eat.  Good luck prancer and others on your diet journey :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:08:46 PM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

Current supps: 1 tsp olive oil on occasion. 400mg-600mg Ibuprofen for mood if needed.

b_jim

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 02:42:36 AM »
I "drink" liters of oliver oil (cooking and salads dressing) and I don't think it helps my Pois or very very very smally.But anyway, if it helps to avoid cancers or others disease, it's nice :)

The MAIN question is :  Is INFLAMMATION a part of Pois, or not at all ?

I think we have no medical datas to prove inflammation is present during Pois (like C-Reactive Protein marker or other). Thats why I said maybe the 'flu-like' or 'hot flashes' symptoms are Inflammation but maybe it's just an unbalance of hypothalamaus, like women during PMS.

Anyway, if inflammation is present to explain Pois i have a good arguement : during Pois, high glycemic food and especially white sugar strongly increases my Pois. That's a fact, no placebo, I'm 100% sure of this.
And we have now the scientific proof that High Glycemic Index food increase inflammation.
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/99/4/813.long

Taurine = Anti-Pois

Going less Crazy

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 01:56:38 PM »
As I write this, I can pretty much say with certainty that I have some "silent celiac-like" disorder.  Having just O'd three times without symptoms, my diet is in direct correlation with pois symptoms.  It's interesting how I correlated orgasm to my pois as I thought that to be the main cause, but that was merely a symptom of my celiac- like disorder.  Btw, you can have celiac without having any pains or diarrhea (like me).  All of my symptoms were extra intestinal brain inflammation of the like, sore joints, red eyes, shitty very shitty mood, etc.  All of the consequences that come from inflammation.

It'd be interesting to here from other poisers who have changed their diet.

I literally have to write down every food and brand to make sure I can eat it.  I am sensitive to a lot of stuff.  Hopefully I'll be able to reintroduce later.  For now, my diet is still a lifesaver for me and I finally feel like myself after all these years.

I feel like pois has to involve some silent inflammatory process.  And if I had to guess, that would MOST LIKELY come from diet.  Imagine how much stuff we put in our bodies over the course of a day to a week to a year.  There just has to be some other inflammatory promoting process.  For me it is my diet and I can finally do stuff as long as I stick to it, finally feel like myself.  Btw there are over 300 symptoms associated with celiac and if you search about it, many people are complaining about brain fog and a lot of weird symptoms.

And about sugar, honestly it's not supposed to be healthy for you, but if I am managing on my diet, I can have as much sugar as I want.  As I said before, for me, after I have a celiac-like reaction to food, if I eat sugar after that I definitely get worse... I believe my body is trying to heal from attacking my intestine (that I feel now ever since going on this diet and healing), otherwise if I am on the diet I can have spoonfuls of honey without a problem...Actually really anything bothers me after I eat something bad, and it takes a couple days to recover, than I can eat anything on my list without a problem.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 02:02:12 PM by Going less Crazy »

Prancer

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2016, 10:50:52 PM »
Thanks GLC, that's interesting. For me personally (and I speak only for myself), I don't seem to have very many symptoms that are associated with having celiac disease. For example, I don't have any: skin rash, digestive problems, joint/bone problems, seizures, tingling in the legs, ulcers and others that I see are quite common with celiac. For that reason I don't think celiac is my problem. I know symptoms can vary, and it seems that food plays a big part in causing your symptoms, from what you mentioned. Maybe some other poisers have a similar experience with altering diet (let us know). So yeah, for me at least, celiac is not high on my list of potential culprits.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:14:05 AM by Prancer »

Going less Crazy

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 09:47:44 PM »
OK I understand.  For me, it's all food based, with definite reactions after eating.  Maybe that is relieving some other inflammatory process but I don't know.

caveeater

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 05:27:47 AM »
Food really affects me too. I have histamine intolerance, so foods like eggs, nuts, avocado, banana and other high histamine foods make me feel bad, outside of pois. I cannot touch gluten, and am even sensitive to foods that contain glucose syrup (which is usually derived from wheat, or corn. it's found in a lot of foods like ice  cream, candy bars, sauces etc).
Sugar is very inflammatory too, I try to avoid it, but it's not half as bad for me as other foods I'm allergic to. That said it does seem to make my pois worse.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 05:29:30 AM by caveeater »

Going less Crazy

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 09:01:01 PM »
Yeah I can't have Bananas either for some reason.  Glucose syrups bother you?  Shouldn't they have no wheat/corn protein in them?

I'm also baffled by why I can't have skittles but other sugar is fine, maybe corn?  Food coloring?  I have no idea.

Apart from just feeling bad, my mouth ulcers were a major physical sign of food/gluten sensitivity.  The only other question I have is if something else is causing this sensitivity like Lyme or something.
  I doubt it but still I am not sure.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:02:34 PM by Going less Crazy »

Going less Crazy

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 10:53:06 PM »
Another interesting thing I've noticed while on this diet.  I can now tolerate vitamin c much better.  Before I got so sensitive to it that I couldn't even take 200 mg without being up all night.  Now I've been taking 1000 mg the past couple days without much issue.  I do get a little "hyper" feeling but it is much better than before.  I read vitamin c is supposed to help convert dopamine into noradrenaline so that may be why.

Also I may not have celiac.  It more or less seems I just have special food intolerances, not necessarily just related to grains.  Although maybe celiac/ncgs caused other food intolerances I'm not sure.