Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2019, 01:09:09 PM

:    
NEW !!!
2019 POIS Survey from Tulane Team !
#####   Click here for the link !   #####
By filling it out, you are helping POIS research,
so you are helping yourself too !
Please take a few minutes to fill it !!!
26495 2021 867
: Faguera
+  Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
|-+  POIS Cause/Treatment Discussions
| |-+  Hormonal Causes and Treatments
| | |-+  Hormone issues
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Hormone issues  ( 7794 )
Nas
: 878

« #15 : January 11, 2019, 10:32:21 PM »

"Several of my male patients have complained that they feel exhausted for several days after ejaculating. Although little is known about the central neurochemistry of orgasm, it appears that NE facilitates it, and that NE is depleted after ejaculation (Rodriguez-Manzo and Feraandez-Guasti, 1995). If a male neurosomatic patient were deficient in NE prior to sexual activity, ejaculation could thereby worsen his symptoms."

-Betrayal by the Brain: The Neurologic Basis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia Syndrome

(NE refers to norepinephrine. This is not a hormonal theory but I thought I'd post it anyway.)
This is in line with Habibou's data

I was thinking the exact opposite myself but I might be wrong: Is POIS associated with an Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction?

very interesting thanx for reference

my conclusion is that in general people with low ferritin= low hematocrit=low thyroid function are less vital = less energetic = have less libido etc

everything goes from the brain
low dopamin -> low epinephrine-> lower hypophysis function -> lower LH and FS hormone levels-> low tyroid fuction-> low testosterone which very often accompanied with high prolactin(it is also a hypophysis  disfunction)

Sigh, this illness makes no god demn sense, is it dopamine related? Is it Adrenaline? Testosterone? Auto-immune? Mast Cell Activation? What in the god demn hell is it about?
demografx
Administrator
: 4330

« #16 : January 11, 2019, 11:43:12 PM »

Sigh, this illness makes no god demn sense, is it dopamine related? Is it Adrenaline? Testosterone? Auto-immune? Mast Cell Activation? What in the god demn hell is it about?

You’ve just summarized the best thinking here since 2007 :)

10 years of major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.
Muon
: 598

« #17 : January 12, 2019, 09:27:35 AM »

(if we find out a cure in the next 1/2 years i still have the chance to become a professional footballer and completing my childhood dream ) .
Forget about it. 10 years ago I thought this would slowly be solved as time goes by but there has been zero progress since then. Go find another hobby.

PS.: Poisers I have a question for you . ( outside of POIS ) When my matches are in the afternoon I perform very bad ( I'm disoriented , fatigued ... ) but when the maches are at night I perform very well . Do you have some thoughs on this , a solution or a reason for this ?

Could be one of these factors:
1)Time of the day
2)Time of season
3)Exposure to different light intensity
4)Lower environmental temperature

I feel better at night as well. Temperature is a big factor to me. I think it's because environmental temperature is lower or the slow transition of temperature from high to low. When night falls I literally get more energy (even when I'm inside my apartment). Sometimes I wonder if this is a more normal state or that my body is going into some kind of overdrive mode. Or It could be a hormone problem. I literally can feel fluctuations inside my head every now and then, it doesn't feel good nor bad but something is fluctuating.
Mast cell activation trigger? ANS dysfunction? Impaired vasodilatory motor function? Neurotransmitter problem? Temperature could be a form of stress.
« : January 12, 2019, 09:42:10 AM Muon »
Vandemolen
: 821

« #18 : January 12, 2019, 10:12:58 AM »

(if we find out a cure in the next 1/2 years i still have the chance to become a professional footballer and completing my childhood dream ) .
I used to play football (soccer) in the highest youth League in The Netherlands. But when I went to the seniors POIS came. Suddenly I did not have any energy. I could easily go past 3 or 4 opponents. But with POIS I was tired after going past 1 opponent and then I would lose the ball :D In POIS I paniced when I got the ball. Then I play the ball forward and the opponents would pick it up. Older players came to me. They said they were really happy that I joined them because they saw me play in the youth teams, but that I changed. They asked what happened to me. Back then I never heard about POIS. I thought I had an allergy to grass. So I stopped with football (soccer). Then I gained 20 kg in 2 years.

My advise to you: abstain four days before the match. Then the POIS is less bad.

POIS did not only kill my hobby. But it had an effect on my work too. I used to be ambitious. But when the POIS became worse I was not interested in making promotion, but just in keeping my job.
« : January 12, 2019, 10:18:02 AM Vandemolen »

POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.
b_jim
: 958

« #19 : January 12, 2019, 12:27:40 PM »

my conclusion is that in general people with low ferritin= low hematocrit=low thyroid function are less vital = less energetic = have less libido etc

low dopamin -> low epinephrine-> lower hypophysis function -> lower LH and FS hormone levels-> low tyroid fuction-> low testosterone which very often accompanied with high prolactin(it is also a hypophysis  disfunction)

Nice

Taurine = Anti-Pois
demografx
Administrator

« #20 : January 12, 2019, 02:51:07 PM »

Nice

Thanks, b_jim

10 years of major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.
portuguese_poiser
: 6

« #21 : January 12, 2019, 03:10:21 PM »

Interesting Vandemolen . I noticed that the best season I made in the last few years was in the time I was doing TRT . In that I think I also had POIS but in slighter way which allowed me to make a lot of friends . Then I stopped TRT and POIS came like an "avalanche" . It's good to know that you were a good player and had the same dream as I ( Eredivisie is fantastic btw ) . It's unbelievable how players who are lots of degrees below me ( out of POIS) can overcome me when in POIS-mode . In some way I'm a lucky guy because my dad supports me a lot and helps me with this terrible disease . Also I have to notice you ( POIS community ) that I found a doctor who "atenciously" listened to me and believed in me .
Vandemolen
: 821

« #22 : January 12, 2019, 03:56:10 PM »

Interesting Vandemolen . I noticed that the best season I made in the last few years was in the time I was doing TRT . In that I think I also had POIS but in slighter way which allowed me to make a lot of friends . Then I stopped TRT and POIS came like an "avalanche" . It's good to know that you were a good player and had the same dream as I ( Eredivisie is fantastic btw ) . It's unbelievable how players who are lots of degrees below me ( out of POIS) can overcome me when in POIS-mode . In some way I'm a lucky guy because my dad supports me a lot and helps me with this terrible disease . Also I have to notice you ( POIS community ) that I found a doctor who "atenciously" listened to me and believed in me .
Great PP that you found a doctor that can help you. But I have heard that when someone starts with TRT for a long time the body will have problems to make testosterone when you stop with the medication. I have low testosterone, but I do not want to start TRT because of this problem. Otherwise I would asked my doctor for TRT. If I were 60+ I would do it.

POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.
demografx
Administrator

« #23 : January 12, 2019, 08:23:51 PM »

Thanks, Vandemolen!
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=17.msg26779#msg26779

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: