Author Topic: Cowper's Gland Removal  (Read 5607 times)

DBROWN

Cowper's Gland Removal
« on: February 25, 2016, 10:35:09 PM »
Hello poiscenter, new member here.

I was wondering if anyone has ever had their bulbourethral glands, aka Cowper's glands, removed - or knows of anyone who has.

These glands are only contribute a small percentage towards semen volume, but they produce virtually all the pre-ejaculatory fluid (sometimes called pre-cum) that is released prior to ejaculation (or often during any form of arousal at all).

The most well known case of POIS-related surgical intervention on these forums is presumably Animus, but he did not actually have these glands removed (see the Animus Solution thread, post 65).

The procedure exists - it even has its own code at http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/CPT/53250 - but I can imagine it will be very hard finding a surgeon willing to perform it on a patient that does not have an obvious medical problem e.g. infection there.

Not only do I blame this gland for my own personal (relatively mild) POIS symptoms, I absolutely hate the fluid it produces. I seem to suffer from a particularly excessive production of it, and it makes a disgusting mess inside my underwear. I have to tediously remove it with a damp cloth myself before putting the underwear in the washing basket, as I do not want anyone to notice it - it is very obvious once it dries.

Even if removal of this gland did not cure POIS, I would be very pleased at never again having to deal with this pre-ejaculate again. To be honest, it would probably be my main motive for the surgery.

The only real concern I can see with such a procedure is a potential minor impact on fertility, as this fluid helps neutralize Ph in the urethra for the benefit of sperm - but for me, fertility is not a concern at all, so this point is moot. I am not remotely afraid of the surgery itself. I'm a veteran of quite a few procedures much more invasive than this one so it does not scare me at all!

If anyone has any ideas on how one would go about doing this, I'd love to hear from them.

Bulbo

Re: Cowper's Gland Removal
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 02:10:38 AM »
Hello DBROWN
I think we POISERS all have normal and well functioning organs.... I too have thought of removing bulbourethral glands 3 years back but as time went i realized that my organs are all normal. I got the idea of using bulbo as my username from the bulbourethral glands. I think my pois is due to low body cholesterol synthesis. I havent checked my cholesterol levels...When i thought that bulbourethral glands needed to be removed, many poiscenter members did tell me that i was wrong, but at that time i didnt change my mind

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Cowper's Gland Removal
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 03:45:51 PM »
Welcome to POISCenter, DBROWN!

As you and others here know, Forum Member, "Animus", underwent radical surgery to try to get rid of POIS -- had a lot of his male genitalia surgically removed. You can all search for his messages here. Can also check the Science Forum at thenakedscientists.com -- POIS thread -- for Animus' posts.

He's left the forum...seems to be doing OK, as far as we know...but haven't been in close touch with him for quite a while.

Best wishes on your bulbouerethral gland path, DBROWN.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:41:28 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business