Author Topic: Wacked out theories and memorable quotes  (Read 3223 times)

Going less Crazy

Wacked out theories and memorable quotes
« on: February 17, 2016, 02:21:14 AM »
I have to say, I just recently visited my old posts from 6-7 years ago at naked scientists forum and their are a lot of funny quotes and way out there theories that people have suggested.  I just wanted to create a thread for that humor.  I laughed pretty damn hard at some of the stupid things I have written especially long ago.  Shows how far we've come to understanding at least parts of this condition.  Here are some funny/dumb things I've found that I've written (I don't want to quote anybody else as I don't want to upset anybody but feel free to add whatever you like about yourself).  Also, it is good to add humor even to a condition as detrimental as ours.

Funny things and theories: 

I quote myself...

"I'm on day 19 of my year of celibacy"

"Candida world is always accepting immigrants... demografx"

"Orgasm feeds the candida in our brains"

"Has anyone here had an exorcism?"

The cranberry juice "cure", although it did help.

So much more...

I'm not too sure if this is appropriate, it may just be because I laughed so hard at the dumb things I've written that I decided to post this.  Humor is good medicine though...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:49:20 AM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Prancer

Re: Wacked out theories and memorable quotes
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 02:58:53 AM »
Sweet idea! It's always great to look back at the past to really appreciate how far we've all come with this illness. I had some insane ideas too, looking back, that included actually considering surgical castration because it was known to cure at least one other poiser. Now looking back, I realize that was a bad consideration because there are so many other less drastic options available to us. And pre-discovery of other poisers, I thought that my symptoms just might be fatal and that I might be dead one day soon. Fortunately, I've since learned that we have many poisers, many of us being very successful, that have lived very full & healthy lives with pois.

Guys I've learned so much about my symptoms since discovering the poiser community/forums a few years ago. I thank everyone so much for all the input and information. I was so f*cked up before discovering them, and even though I technically still am with pois, the situation is a million times better knowing there are many more of us and that real research is ongoing. Not to mention the fact that we are constantly getting great information, ideas, support and suggestions from our combined poiser community. :)

Edit: One idea that actually works for me is chewing gum. It sounds weird at first, but the physical motion of chewing reduces my cognitive symptoms temporarily. I have something like an "orthostatic intolerance" during pois, which means I feel symptoms more when not moving or doing something. So different reason (physical motion, opposed to any ingredient in the gum), but same good effect for me. It doesn't have to be 5 gum for me though. Any gum works great (does hurt my jaw if chewing too long though).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:08:00 AM by Prancer »

Going less Crazy

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 03:10:31 AM »
Ahhh yes! The 5 gum big red phenylalanine days??
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Prancer

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 09:48:10 PM »
Ahhh yes! The 5 gum big red phenylalanine days??

That was the era!