Author Topic: Feeling worse after a shower  (Read 12856 times)

Vandemolen

Feeling worse after a shower
« on: February 06, 2016, 09:05:12 PM »
Does anyone have water allergy? I have it since a year. I get sick after taking a shower. The symptoms are just like POIS. Dry mouth, dry lips, dry nose. And itching. It doesn't matter if I use warm or cold water. I use soap without perfume. I think I hot water allergy because of POIS, the use of antibiotics and maybe also because of the desens programm.

Edit: I do not think that I have a water allergy. But I just feel cold and sick after a hot shower.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 11:07:29 AM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Prancer

Re: Water allergy (Aquagenic urticara)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 02:14:42 AM »
No, I don't have that. However, hot water (hot showers specifically) can increase my cognitive symptoms like crazy. Also I grew up near the beach, and the salt water seemed to cause my skin to itch somewhat, no idea if it was POIS-related or not because it happened before it. I never really liked the ocean anyway. I don't like being in salt water, plus I also had a slight fear of what I couldn't see under the water like jellyfish or even sharks, yikes. Stuff that could bite or irritate me pretty much.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:00:14 AM by Prancer »

Vandemolen

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 08:18:51 AM »
Since a week I use CBD oil against the water allergy. So far it helps me. I hope to get rid of the water allergy in a fe weeks or months.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

EDS

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 06:44:57 AM »
Are you talking about itching/stinging all over your body? I have had similar symptoms for close to 40 years. Mine is called "temperature related pruritus". After a shower, if I have a large temperature change (hot or cold) on my skin, I will itch/sting intensely for 15 - 30 minutes. The only thing I have found to help is keep the bathroom at a normal temperature (~ 74 deg), dry off completely before opening the shower door, and immediately putting on pajama bottom and tee shirt after exiting shower. I hope you don't have this, because I'm afraid it will not go away if it is the type of pruritus I have.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 04:57:19 PM »
Are you talking about itching/stinging all over your body? I have had similar symptoms for close to 40 years. Mine is called "temperature related pruritus". After a shower, if I have a large temperature change (hot or cold) on my skin, I will itch/sting intensely for 15 - 30 minutes. The only thing I have found to help is keep the bathroom at a normal temperature (~ 74 deg), dry off completely before opening the shower door, and immediately putting on pajama bottom and tee shirt after exiting shower. I hope you don't have this, because I'm afraid it will not go away if it is the type of pruritus I have.
Interesting, this last saturaday a guy I play soccer with brought up he is allergicto  heat and he is taking medicine fo it.
It is crazy that allergy to this things exist.

Vandemolen

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 02:31:10 PM »
Does anyone have water allergy? I have it since a year. I get sick after taking a shower. The symptoms are just like POIS. Dry mouth, dry lips, dry nose. And itching. It doesn't matter if I use warm or cold water. I use soap without perfume. I think I hot water allergy because of POIS, the use of antibiotics and maybe also because of the desens programm.
The water allergy is back. Back then I did not know that I had and have candida. I think in my case there is a connection between candida and water allergy. Before this candida episode I am in for 2 months now I made progress. I still needed to use a cbd balm after taking showers, but I was ok. Now even that does not help. I am on Fluconazole. One of the side effects is itching. So maybe that does not help also.

Maybe Water allergy can also be triggered by sexual activity. I mean you have to shower after sex so the shower makes things worse. At least in my case. When I did not have candida hot showers used to give me relief when in POIS.

My doctor said that Mast Cell Syndrome, Hashimoto, POIS and Herpes are all in the same group.

Here it is described that a patient with a water allergy had an increase of Mast Cells:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5438944/
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:15:59 PM by Vandemolen »

Vandemolen

Re: Feeling worse after a shower
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 11:46:59 AM »
At Aquagenic urticara you have a rash for an half an hour after the shower. I do not get a big rash. Only itches a bit. But I am feeling cold for the whole day. And sometimes even the next day I feel cold. Even I stay inside, wearing a lot of clothes and the temperature inside is plus 20 degrees (Celcius).

I found this link on this forum posted by Hopeoneday. Thanks. So it could be die-off symptoms from Candida when you shower with hot water.

https://www.tiredoflyme.com/feeling-worse-after-a-shower-or-bath.html
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 12:55:40 PM by Vandemolen »

b_jim

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 02:31:46 PM »
When I was youger, I remember I used to go to the swimming-pool the day before an important day for me to counter Pois symptoms.

We have evidences that ***something*** goes wrong with blood stream after ejaculation.

- some guys have improvements with sport
- some guys have improvements with niacine or other vasodilators
- some guys have improvements with showers

I'm currently studying a naturopathic strategy wrote by russian doctor Salmanoff.
He thought a lot of health problems are caused by a poor blood/lymphatic stream.
The strategy is to create an unbalance of temperature (cold/hot) betweens organs to create circulation and cure the problem.

A possible application of Salmanoff theory to Pois is to put cold on testicles and hot to liver with hot. With ice packs.
Of course, not extreme temperatures. (5-10°C for cold spot and 40-50°C for hot spot).
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 04:15:12 PM »
I can only take COLD showers! (Brrrrrrrrrr!)

Warm/hot showers kill me, in/out-of-POIS!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Going less Crazy

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 10:51:30 PM »
Yeah. I too have problems with hot showers, also sunburns.  I believe these are both due to histamine release or something of that nature.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 11:46:19 PM »

Thanks, GLC
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 07:01:43 AM »
Hot showers ? Cold showers ?

Maybe you are right.
It seems cold showers activate white cells. Maybe it could be positive or negative if yout take it before or after, in Pois or out of Pois, cold or hot !

Lot of combinations....
Maybe put only feets some minutes in cold water could have the same effects. 20 years ago, I use to go to the swimming pool to counter Pois effect. I remember the temperature was "cold" (20°C ?)

I think we didn't work enough on white cells...
Food we take influce white cells : raw vs cooked food. Maybe glycemic index too.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 07:04:01 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »
Thanks, b_jim!

uhtred sonof

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2019, 11:52:30 AM »
Hotter showers mess me up. For me it's a vasodilation and subsequent blood pooling issue that really taxes the heart and leaves me foggy. What's helped me besides lukewarm/cool showers - wearing clogs or aqua socks in the shower (big relief on leg and foot muscles), raising only 1 arm at a time, making it quick (short hair helps), and resting if possible afterwards, laying down is best. Sometimes having a small snack ready for when you get out is useful too.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2019, 01:22:46 PM »
I have reverted to taking “bird baths”! :( :(

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 07:05:44 PM »
When will I learn my lesson? Hot shower once again ruined my day!

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 09:14:50 PM »
I take a standard hot shower, but I make sure that none of the hot water touches my head/neck.

At the end of the shower I turn the temperature down to fairly cold (not freezing!), and wash my hair.

It has worked for me for several years :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 11:21:32 PM »
Thanks, hurray, I’ll try it!

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2019, 01:45:01 PM »
I react badly to showers whether they're hot or cold obviously with hot being the worst but cold still gives a bad reaction also. The only thing that seems to help  me is anadin extra which contains asprin, paracetmomal and caffiene and i need to take this before the shower. I've tried ant acids for the shower with no luck.

It also doesn't make a difference for me if i avoid getting head and neck wet, I can get a bad reaction just from washing my armpits in the sink. Maybe its either from rubbing the lymph nodes or the soap I have no idea. I used to only react badly to showers in POIS but after I started using alpha gpc and choline antidepressants the shower reactions happen outside of POIS. Best thing to do is shower at night

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2019, 01:53:21 PM »
Interesting.