Author Topic: Eggs for POIS  (Read 53633 times)

Bulbo

Eggs for POIS
« on: January 16, 2016, 10:02:44 AM »
Hello everyone
     I am very happy to tell you guys how well eggs are helping me against POIS. I started eating eggs after reading Gcrisp post in the naked scientists forum. Gcrisp got POIS in his 40s or 50s after he was put on statin drugs for cholesterol control. Later Gcrisp realised that the cause was the statins, he then stopped the statins and started to eat eggs daily for POIS. He claims that he got cured of POIS eventually.
     But i am in my 20s and dont take statins.But  i started eating eggs for POIS. I ate 2 eggs daily. My POIS was of a type where my mind never clears , everyday i had brain fog. Only after starting the eggs i realised my POIS duration lasts for 5 or 6 days. It will be 5 days if stimulation was more, and the duration was 6 days if stimulation was very less. After the 5th or 6th day my brain fog cleared. it was the first time in my life, after my childhood, i was able to think clearly, but brain fog used to set in after mild stimulation.
     So i ate 2 eggs daily. By 5th month of starting eggs, i had a strange experience. On a normal day without POIS, i woke up to the brain fog of POIS, i was so desperate and thought that eggs are failing, this brain fog lasted for 6 days. then on the 7th day the brain fog cleared. In that week i realised that my POIS duration has reduced from 5 or 6 days (depending upon stimulation) to 4 or 5 days (depending upon stimulation). I was so happy, at last something has started to work for me.
     Then by 9 months and 10 days of eating eggs my pois duration reduced from 4 or 5 days to 3 or 4 days. Before the POIS duration reduced i did experience brain fog for 6 days which was not due to POIS.
     After 12 months and 29 days my POIS duration reduced from 3 or 4 days to 2 or 3 days.Before the POIS duration reduced i did experience brain fog for 6 days which was not due to POIS.
     By the next three months pois duration should have reduced to 1 or 2 days, but it didnt happen. But unfortunately by 14 month 25 days, every time i o my pois lasted for 6 days. This 6 day POIS lasted everytime i o from 14 month 25 days onwards. I was very desperate. Those days were very tough.
       But by 17 months 22 days my POIS duration all of a sudden became 1 day. But afterwards pois would last for 6 days.
       But by July 8, 2016 (1 year 6 months 24 days) whenever i o pois never exceeded 2 days. My nocturnal emissions have reduced very much. Now i get more confidence, and i feel like i can face any hardships and now i dont wish to end my life anymore.
    Its been 2 yrs and 4 months....my pois still lasts for 2 days .... But one major improvement is nocturnal emissions have stopped..... i used to have 4 nocturnal emissions in a week in the past
     I once tried increasing the no. of eggs to three a day so that POIS duration reduction may be hastened, but it didnt work out. i think my body takes this much time to make changes.
     I eat only home grown hen's eggs because for more than 13 months i had been eating eggs from stores. During that period i had common cold and fever every month. Before i started eating these eggs from shops i used to have cold and fever only twice in a year. So i switched to home grown hen's eggs and now i dont get cold or fever often.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:57:30 AM by Bulbo »

b_jim

Re: Eggs for POIS
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 05:44:23 PM »
Congratulations !
Some guys here think Pois may have to do with acetylcholin receptors.
One the oldest theory with eggs for Pois is that eggs are rich on cholin (300mg per egg if I remember). And this cholin may help to boost acetylcholin synthesis.

I ate 1 or 2 eggs a day during long time but it never improved my Pois. Now, I take taurine and it helps a lot. I wonder if taurine might help to absorb/synthetize fats and choline.

Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Bulbo

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 12:16:01 PM »
Thanks b_jim
I think its about the cholesterol in the egg rather than choline( i may be wrong). Gcrisp got POIS after he was put on statin drugs. Statin inhibit the enzyme that synthesize cholesterol.
      Can u tell me how long you ate egg. It took me atleast 5.5 months of eating eggs to notice a difference in my POIS duration. My POIS was of a type where the brain fog never goes away. On the second month this constant brain fog went away and i found out that my pois duration was 5 or 6 days. So i never gave up and i ate the eggs daily
        Can u describe your pois symptoms and duration
Thanks
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:26:36 PM by Bulbo »

b_jim

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 05:33:44 PM »
I ate eggs since many years. My total cholesterol is just under low limit.
Before 2008, I had Pois during 3-4 days with hot flashes after meals, diarrheas, muscle weakness and cognitive trouble, loss of concentration.

I have just learn today that 90% seems to have choline deficiency. Indeed, insuffisant in diet.

http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/21/6/LB46-c

Results: Mean choline usual intakes exceed the AI for young children. For older children, men, women and pregnant women, mean usual intakes are far below the AI; 10% or less had usual intakes above the AI.

- Choline is poor in our diet.
- Choline is quiet rich in semen.
- Choline is cofactor of acetylcholin and a deficiency of this can cause symptoms close to Pois.

It smells good :)

Choline is fat-soluble and I suspect Taurine to improbe absorbtion/synthesis of choline.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:43:38 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Bulbo

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 01:13:18 AM »
hello b_jim
    alas, nothing works for everyone.....
    i read that article...
    i read this from a biochemistry book.... The major lipids in mammalian membranes are Phospholipids, Glycosphingolipids and cholesterol....Phospholipids include two classes, they are phosphoglycerides and sphingomyelin.....phosphoglycerides contain choline and other alcohols.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:39:49 AM by Bulbo »

Bulbo

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 11:55:19 PM »
Hi guys
I am going to post my progress. I have been eating 2 backyard hen's eggs a day for 1 year 5 months and 23 days. My pois was of a type where brain fog does not go away after an o meaning it was present always. After starting eggs i found my pois duration was 5 or 6 days. By Jan 14, 2016 POIS duration became 2 or 3 days. By the next three months pois duration should have reduced to 1 or 2 days, but it didnt happen. But unfortunately by March 10, 2016 every time i o my pois lasted for 6 days. This 6 day POIS lasted everytime i o from march 10, 2016 onwards. I was very desperate. Those days were very tough. But by June 6, 2016 my POIS duration all of a sudden became 1 day. I am so happy guys. At last POIS duration became 1 day.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:13:24 AM by Bulbo »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 06:55:01 AM »
Thanks Bulbo for your detailed report. 

Do you have any idea about what could have triggered the drawback you have experienced from early March to last week?   Any change in lifestyle ? Any stressful event ?

Hopefully, your POIS will stay shorter.  I wish you so, though :)

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Bulbo

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 10:20:14 AM »
Hello quantum
     I don't consider this drawback to be a bad thing.There wasn't any trigger. I think it is a process in our brain during which the brain makes changes to itself. I hope it doesnt happen again.

DEANNX

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 04:03:05 AM »
hi, what else do you experience during pois?can you also give us an update on your situation??

Thanks

Bulbo

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 09:15:08 PM »
Hi Deannx
I have typical POIS symptoms like intense brain fog, mental and physical fatigue, reduced appetite, highly irritated with people

Bulbo

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 08:28:58 PM »
Hi guys
I am going to post my progress. For the first time my pois duration became 1 day from 6 days on June 6, 2016 (1 year 6 months of eating eggs). But after that pois would last for 6 days. But by July 8, 2016 (1 year 7 months) whenever i o pois never exceeded 2 days. Until today my pois lasts for 2 days and never exceeds 2 days...I am very sure pois will reduce... My nocturnal emissions have reduced very much. Now i get more confidence, and i feel like i can face any hardships and now i dont wish to end my life anymore.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:29:01 AM by Bulbo »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 05:09:46 PM »
Great news, Bulbo,  I am glad that you now have more confidence and that you enjoy your life, it is a great achievement. 

Thanks for the update!
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Mr Raba

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 11:06:19 PM »
Thanks b_jim
I think its about the cholesterol in the egg rather than choline( i may be wrong). Gcrisp got POIS after he was put on statin drugs. Statin inhibit the enzyme that synthesize cholesterol.
      Can u tell me how long you ate egg. It took me atleast 5.5 months of eating eggs to notice a difference in my POIS duration. My POIS was of a type where the brain fog never goes away. On the second month this constant brain fog went away and i found out that my pois duration was 5 or 6 days. So i never gave up and i ate the eggs daily
        Can u describe your pois symptoms and duration
Thanks

Wow!!!!!!

My POIS started after several months of high dose (4 grams) of slow niacin to reduce my cholesterol.

Furthermore my cholesterol was only 260.  My Doctor kept on increasing the dose because my cholesterol was not budging .

The day of my sudden onset, i took 6 grams. I felt horrible. Then had sex and that was it.  I got CFS at the same time too.

For years i tried to find the link. Now when eat more than 2 eggs while in a crash  i get very intolerant and irritable.

I think the niacin did something to my metabolic balance. It still makes me sick if I take a 100 mg dose.

I stpped the niacin suddenly when I first got sick. I got pale an severe stomach flu like.

My lipids went crazy for years after that. My cholesterol was 400 or 600. My triglycerides went up to 3000.

It was so bad that my blood samples were yellowish and labs could not process tests  due to high lipid content.

Eventually my  lipids returned to  close but higher than normal after 5  years or so

What  a puzzle.  I wonder what the niacin did to my system.   I read recently that statins clump down the mitochondria.

I wonder if high dose slow niacin does something similar.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:14:01 PM by mrraba »
Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.

Bulbo

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 11:42:32 PM »
Hi Mr.Raba
Sorry for replying late... were u normal without pois before taking niacin....and at what age did u develop pois....do you still have pois

Bulbo

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 11:51:09 PM »
Hi guys .... it is a long time since i have posted in this forum....its been 23 months 24 days since i started eating eggs daily... i have been eating 2 eggs daily.... but for the past 20 days i reduced it to one egg per day....Still POIS lasts for 2 days.... but day by day i am becoming more calm, understanding my strengths and weakness, very optimistic in life, no angry outbursts, increasing energy levels.....i hope pois goes away... will keep u updated about my experiences

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2016, 11:04:25 AM »
Thanks for the update, Bulbo.  Keep on updating us on your results.

Do you cook your eggs?  I often eat eggs, almost one a day, but eat raw, organic eggs, mixed in organic soy drink.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2016, 05:02:06 PM »
Not every day, but when I do it's 3 hard boiled eggs. Anyone think that's excessive? (My wife does :) )

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 05:03:51 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Bulbo

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2016, 07:32:12 PM »
Hello quantum....
I cook the eggs. Do you eat eggs everday and how long have you been doing it ?

Bulbo

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2016, 07:39:26 PM »
Hi demografx
There are some studies mentioning dietary cholesterol doesnt raise your blood cholesterol.. But on the other hand there are numerous studies showing cholestserol is bad for health.... But eggs are helping me ...they have reduced my 6 day pois to 2 days and also revealed how stupid i am and that i have wasted my entire life because of pois

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 09:46:34 PM »
Hello quantum....
I cook the eggs. Do you eat eggs everday and how long have you been doing it ?

Hi Bulbo,

I do not keep track of it, but I think I eat an egg 5 days out of 7, approx.  I have been doing this for a few years now, as part of my healthy diet.  I eat less meat, and more eggs.  They are rich in many vitamins, and a good source of proteins, and of lecithin, and of antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin. 

Due to my genetics and to my healthy diet, I have absolutely no cholesterol problems - it is quite low, with no medication.   

My lunch is often a raw egg in soy drink,  plus a few crude vegetables ( I really enjoy bell peppers, yellow, orange and red), and a healthy, organic crunchy bar.

About the fact that I eat eggs raw,  I wouldn't eat industrial farming eggs as raw - my eggs come from free-run, healthy hens fed with organic food.  The awful conditions in industrial farms are very likely to promote bacterial contamination, and industrial eggs are far more prone to cause salmonellosis if not cooked, in my opinion.  I wouldn't recommend anyone to eat industrial, "regular" supermarket eggs without cooking them.

For sure, reading about eggs on this forum have helped me becoming more regular at my habit of eating eggs.