Author Topic: My POIS may be effectively cured  (Read 21236 times)

Going less Crazy

Re: My POIS may be effectively cured
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 11:10:36 PM »
Yumyumyummy,  Thanks Prancer Claus I'll be sure to leave some milk and cookies out for you when you come visit :)

Prancer since we have similar symptoms I wonder if vitamin D could help you... Look at my recent post in "testosterone"

"Prancer Claus"!! Lol :)

POIS humor is the best type of humor
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 01:24:21 PM »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Prancer

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2016, 01:26:37 AM »
Yumyumyummy,  Thanks Prancer Claus I'll be sure to leave some milk and cookies out for you when you come visit :)

Prancer since we have similar symptoms I wonder if vitamin D could help you... Look at my recent post in "testosterone"

"Prancer Claus"!! Lol :)
Ha, I think he liked it demo. If it weren't gluten free, I bet he would've pushed it away/refused it. Nice yum response (indicating enjoyment of virtual deliciousness)! :D

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2016, 02:18:05 PM »
What does he know? He's a POISer lol :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Going less Crazy

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »
Just an update (on my phone).  The past 9 or so days have been excellent through strict avoidance of grains, dairy and eggs.  My head has been so clear everyday like before POIS.  My POIS seems to be caused by food intolerances and it seems either eggs, dairy or both to be the missing link.  Honestly my head is so clear now.  I will be posting a "food" list sooner or later if you all are interested on foods that it is possible to eat on this diet because it isn't easy.  I know for a fact I can't have eggs.  Since I've been feeling so healthy I know what bothers me.  I tried mayonnaise and that is a definite no go.  It has a lot of eggs in it.  Dairy I am not 100% sure about but it is best to avoid.  These days I need less and less sleep.  It seems like I have so much energy now.

I had two O's on Friday without symptoms, however I did take ole and benadryl beforehand just in case.  I will try again this weekend without taking any herbs/meds.  I feel like my body is telling me that I can O without symptoms.  I honestly feel like I've been reborn. I will try to copy this on my phone and update my original post.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:50:32 PM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Prancer

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 10:14:14 PM »
Valuable info, thanks. I wouldn't mind hearing about the list. For me I know that food also has an effect on my symptoms, but so far I haven't pinned down any specific foods. In my case I wonder if it's just a simple lack of hunger that causes the problems. I know that when I fast or stop eating for a short while, my symptoms are way reduced. Still possible that there is a specific ingredient or food that triggers my symptoms. This also shows that, at the very least, different poisers are much differently affected by certain foods (assuming food is a direct cause) because I remember reading recently that chicken eggs actually improve some ppl's symptoms (ikr). In my case I'm still not completely convinced about any direct relation to certain foods, but rather the lack of hunger itself worsens my symptoms, as weird as that is.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 10:54:09 PM »
I was eating eggs for 6 months and felt better than when I was eating grains, but still not 100%.  Than I gave up eggs, dairy and now I have no symptoms.

I believe ppl probably feel better after eating eggs possibly because they substitute it for a more "grainier" meal.  I'm basically following a gut health diet or autoimmune paleo for gut and food intolerance autoimmune issues.  Just strictly no grains, corn, dairy or eggs and feel 100% better.  I still eat nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes) as they don't cause a problem in me.  Right now mashed potatoes are my best friend (I mix it with almond milk).  I also am careful to avoid other food additives like carrageenan which is known to f with your gut.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:00:06 PM by Going less Crazy »

Prancer

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2016, 01:52:05 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2016, 06:20:56 PM »

You guys are way ahead of me!  :)

Going less Crazy

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 02:23:54 AM »
Another update...

I had 5 O's last Friday with no POIS symptoms.  Tho I was more tired than usual the next day (figures).  I also had another group of O's last night still without symptoms.  I'm hoping the relief continues.

Again probably said this before... If I avoid grains, milk and eggs I am POIS free.  I did have some cheese and Reese's lately as well and did not have symptoms.  So I'm not so sure I have to avoid milk, but will continue to do so other than milk as an additive.  Grains and eggs I know for a fact I cannot have, milk is pending.

Forgot to mention I took no supplements pre or post O.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:35:34 AM by Going less Crazy »

Mr Raba

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2016, 11:15:08 PM »
Hi ,

The  treatment for
Leaky gut is almost verbatim your protocol.

I think we may have porous membranes which cause semen and food and skin leaks creating inflammation.

Maybe by reducing inflammation the membranes are given the nutrients they need to heal.
Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.

bbd2501

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2017, 04:57:35 PM »
GLC, thanks for sharing!

I am happy that you are doing better now. I recently discovered I have POIS and will be trying out a gluten free diet. You mention you did this experiment in the summer. How long did it take exactly for you to be cured?

Cheers )

Going less Crazy

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 05:56:20 AM »
I'm doing much more than a gluten free diet.  I am doing an (modified) aip diet and I rely heavily on sweet potatoes for carbs, gf meats, fruits, vegetables.  Beans at times, they seem to not bother me at all anymore from a brain fog perspective.  All grains seem to bother me at this point though I don't test them much.  Felt better within days.