4 (8%)
6-7
7 (14%)
7-8
19 (38%)
>8
19 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Avg hours of sleep per night  (Read 12363 times)

traderwithpois

Avg hours of sleep per night
« on: September 17, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
Also please comment whether you think you are getting enough or not

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Avg hours of sleep per night
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 06:44:48 AM »
I put > 8 but maybe it's because it's winter here. I rise and "fall" with the light.

Less than 5 and I'm fired though. I don't do well with little sleep, or over partying like I used to. Reminder, my POIS is las 7 yrs or so, so before POIS, low sleep or partying wasn't a problem.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

traderwithpois

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 08:48:50 AM »
I put 7-8, but often I get 6.5 or so.  And I have deviated septum which reduces the quality of my sleep and also my breathing a little bit.

Similar to you, I am intensely sensitive to getting enough sleep.  If I get even an hour less than what I need, I could develop any number of symptoms midday ranging from extreme fatigue to heartburn, anxiety, complete inability to concentrate...

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 01:27:11 PM »
I'm not sure what I should put. If I take fenugreek + garlic in the morning I'll get about 8 hrs of sleep. Or if I take saw palmetto if I orgasm during the day I'll also get about 8 hrs. If I don't take any supplements I'll sleep at 3-4 hr periods randomly during the day and night.

I rarely feel like I get enough sleep. Also I've noticed that the supplements I take help clear my nostrils and make it easier to breath through them.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 01:31:29 PM by Vincent Marcus »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 10:15:02 AM »
You'd probably be in the 7-8 range. But with your comments clarifying. Even if you don't take the suppliments, you sleep (like a cat) but probably still get near 8 combined.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »
I tend to need less sleep when I'm functioning completely normally.  At peak performance 6hrs and I'm fully rested.  But when I'm in full pois, even 10hrs and I feel terrible.

And I've noticed that as I've gotten older, I need less sleep.  But I think I need to get the same amount of sleep as when I was younger because my body is aging, aka not being repaired completely!  Do the cells just get lazy as they age? lol.

b_jim

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 03:18:07 PM »
6-7 hours
Enough but I think 1 hour more would be better for energy.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 02:14:18 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

fsol

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 04:16:10 PM »
Always 8 or more hours here. It's usually enough but when in POIS no sleep seems to be enough.

badgerstripe

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 06:49:38 PM »
7-8 usually. When in POIS though i can be in bed for 12 hours or so altogether, not sleeping in the end but finding it difficult to get out of bed, i dont even feel like moving my limbs.

Hoping

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 01:55:59 PM »
7-8hrs. I usually feel like it's enough, but I usually hit a physical and mental wall in the afternoon while in POIS
Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.

aalkaff

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 02:22:24 PM »
Sleep: Around 7 hours when normal. 12 or more hours right after POIS.

mellivora

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 03:43:43 PM »
Yep 7-8 if normal. Can easily be 12 or more in POIS if I don't have to get up -  not always sleeping solidly, sometimes just lying about or drifting in and out of sleep. No amount of sleep seems to fix the tiredness/urge to sleep more. Its sometimes better to force myself out of bed and then I can feel a bit better by evening. My symptoms generally seem worst in the morning though sometimes if I've been trying to be active I'll need to sleep for a bit in the late afternoon.

B_Daniel

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »
I've begun to notice a connection btwn sleep and POIS.  6 hrs of sleep and even though I'm tired, I'll have less POIS than 8-9 hrs sleep.  10 hrs of sleep and i'll have more POIS than I can handle. 

Even on days after an O, I'll want to sleep for 10hrs straight, but if I force myself out of bed after 6 hrs, I'll typically feel better than if I hadn't.

victor.kons

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 01:52:16 AM »
I put 6-7, because I prefer to go to bed early and to get up early in the morning, like at 4:00 - 4:30 AM.

I've noticed that I have digestion problems gone if I get up as early as this. And generally in this case I have much more physical strength and very clear mind. Though its still a bit hard to follow such a schedule, because you always feel that you didn't sleep enough.

And when I get up late, say at 8:00 AM I get terrible digestion problems and generally although I don't feel sleepy, I feel that all my body and my mind indeed work poorly instead.

Victor
3 day POIS sessions, brain fog, heartbeat, digestion problems. Currently using XN for 95% relief from POIS symptoms.

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 04:01:06 AM »
My sleep is erratic and dependent it's proximity to my last orgasm and my level of fitness.

1-2 days after orgasm- 9-13hrs
3-5 days after orgasm- 8-10hrs
>5 days after orgasm- 7-9hrs

Typically I have an ejaculation every 2.5 days so sleep takes up too much of my time, yet is necessary to function. I should also note that on days I do have an orgasm I have extreme difficulty falling asleep and as a result I often sleep very late (e.g. 10:30AM-5 PM). I have never been good in the morning or early morning hours, although as my POIS has progressively gotten worse w/ age I have more trouble falling asleep or staying asleep unless I am exhausted.

Ohhh, I also wake often (2-3hrs) and dream constantly.   
37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)