Author Topic: NORD Interim Report for POIS Study  (Read 285981 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: NORD Interim Report for POIS Study
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2016, 12:25:59 PM »

Well... there isn't [a better resource] and I will stick more to figure out more about what you people say but till now I'm not finding anything
Still, even if we kinda the only website that deals with this syndrome, that is a bigger responsibilty to dig even deeper and do more reaserch
I all ways have this philosophy in my mind when I face problems : ( Life is fair, but the problems we face are because of the mistakes we do, and one big mistake is or
our lack of knowledge... )

Nas, I know that it's a lot to expect that Dr Komisaruk had all the answers,  but his research is more than we've had in a  long time and I'm sure it will shed light enough to lead to the next step.

Digging deeper costs money.  Any good news will help to stimulate further investigation/and the donations that contribute to that.

Many of us here put good hard earned dollars into getting this investigation started.

Any other digging on internet or personally had shown very little real product. 

Just conjecture.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:30:32 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »
To reply to Nas;
Even with hard POIS and depression, I still have plenty of friends and had many girlfriends. You can't blame all the time POIS.
I pushed and keep myself pushing to do the first step and meet new people.
I found a job abroad and went for adventures while english is not my maternal language.

All what we could/can do it donate for the research!
Nas, did you personally pledged for this investigation at least???
I assume the answer is a big YES since not donating for this research IS indeed a big mistake .. ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 04:46:52 PM by Habibou »
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2016, 10:22:26 AM »
Excellent points, Habibou.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

username

« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2016, 11:51:23 AM »

"A preliminary interpretation of our current data is that POIS symptoms are accompanied by a lowered heart rate and heart rate variability (HRV), and that vagal stimulation may produce a beneficial effect on POIS symptoms (increased heart rate and HRV) as a 're-bound' from the vagal stimulation. These are very preliminary findings and continued research with additional participants is underway, to assess the reliability of these findings."

I am extremely sorry but i am bit about reports ......the mentioned is the 1 or 2 ?? if its 2 then where is 1.........plz help

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2016, 11:55:08 AM »

yes, username, you posted #2...below is #1:

"The IRB applications authorizing our study have been approved, the POIS questionnaire characterizing relevant medical history and symptomatology has been developed, site-tested, and expanded, and will now, upon IRB approval, be distributed to the POIS forum for more extensive response and analysis.

POIS sufferers have been contacted, interviewed, and local POIS persons will be the first to participate in the physiological interventions. The necessary equipment has been obtained, the physiological measurement methods have been developed and are functioning properly, and the necessary fMRI procedures and analysis methods have been developed and are ready to be deployed."

username

« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2016, 11:58:48 AM »

yes, username, you posted #2...below is #1:

"The IRB applications authorizing our study have been approved, the POIS questionnaire characterizing relevant medical history and symptomatology has been developed, site-tested, and expanded, and will now, upon IRB approval, be distributed to the POIS forum for more extensive response and analysis.

POIS sufferers have been contacted, interviewed, and local POIS persons will be the first to participate in the physiological interventions. The necessary equipment has been obtained, the physiological measurement methods have been developed and are functioning properly, and the necessary fMRI procedures and analysis methods have been developed and are ready to be deployed."

THANKS DEMO  and we are waiting for 3rd one ? which is about to be out .....any date?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2016, 12:20:54 PM »
Yes, username, we are waiting for the 3rd one.

And #4 (final) is expected September 18, 2016.

And when published in a medical journal it will be much more extensive, much more detailed.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:58:54 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2016, 12:22:54 PM »

Thank you for posting, username, I'm sure other people here had the same questions in mind.

Raj

« Reply #188 on: April 08, 2016, 08:38:50 PM »
It may sound stupid but any update on when the 3rd one is going to be out?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2016, 09:58:39 PM »
Raj, "any day now" is what we've been told by NORD. It's been completed by Rutgers, and submitted to NORD -- but needs to be reviewed by senior medical advisors at NORD. These advisors have many reports to review at this time.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:05:08 PM by demografx »

Nas

« Reply #190 on: April 09, 2016, 07:48:50 AM »
To reply to Nas;
Even with hard POIS and depression, I still have plenty of friends and had many girlfriends. You can't blame all the time POIS.
I found a job abroad and went for adventures while english is not my maternal language.

I assume the answer is a big YES since not donating for this research IS indeed a big mistake .. ;)

I don't have a visa card or a bank account or a life so no I didn't, and yeah once you loose all of your social skills once you masturbate good luck with finding friends without feeling socially retarded

Nas

« Reply #191 on: April 09, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
Wait, So I was thinking if the immune system attacks its own sperms in the urinary tract wouldn't be one solution is to replase the penis urinary tract to an artificial one ? I hope you get the idea cause I don't know how to say it

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #192 on: April 09, 2016, 05:24:19 PM »

THANKS TO FB...for starting a thread (viewing only) that shows the Interim NORD-POIS Rutgers reports:

Hi,

This thread has been created not for discussion but only for posting POIS study updates:

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2285.msg18645#msg18645

Please contact me [FloppyBanana] via private message if you wish to post something here (eg media links related to Dr. Komisaruk's study etc).

« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 01:14:57 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2016, 03:39:58 PM »

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 4:13 PM, demografx wrote:

...no estimate yet of when MAC review for POIS study will finish?

Best,
demo

On Apr 11, 2016, at 4:35 PM, Jacqueline Kraska/NORD wrote:

Hi demo,

Sorry, I haven't been ignoring you. Just been very busy and unfortunately often in meetings...

I have not yet heard from MAC but expect to this week. I will follow up with the chair and see if she can confirm an time.... With regards to publishing [POIS interim reports] on our website and elsewhere, we have had one meeting but follow up regarding the discussion needs to take place so I plan to meet again with communications next week.

I'll be in touch ASAP - promise.

Kind regards,
Jacqui

Jacqueline Kraska
Research Programs Manager
National Organization for Rare Disorders
55 Kenosia Avenue
Danbury, CT 06810
Office:  (203) 304-7205
Work cell:  (475) 529-5172

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:12:42 AM by demografx »

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2016, 03:50:43 PM »
To reply to Nas;

I don't have a visa card or a bank account or a life so no I didn't, and yeah once you loose all of your social skills once you masturbate good luck with finding friends without feeling socially retarded

Well, thats the thing! I do have 2 O per week with my girlfriend and I push myself while I am socially retarded.. I just don't let POIS win as you currently do
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2016, 07:07:11 PM »
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 07:18:28 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2016, 08:16:07 PM »

Cross-posted from "...familiar place" thread:

...Current medical practises regarding [POIS] research, recognition, etc. can only improve even if it still feels like its going at a snails pace...

Thanks, less_fogged, your words above helped me become a little more patient.

So...I hope others will feel the same way.

It's not easy...waiting!

:)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:08:35 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2016, 10:19:31 AM »

...finding friends without feeling socially retarded.

"socially retarded" ;D...excellent choice of words. Never heard that expression before.

Thanks, Habibou & Nas

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 11:14:24 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2016, 07:03:23 AM »

is reviewing the Interim POIS Report to be posted here ~~ completed by

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 07:35:30 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2016, 11:31:32 AM »
On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:29 AM, demografx wrote:

Hi Jacqui. From your [previous] email, "I have not yet heard from MAC but

expect to this week....I will follow up with the [MAC] chair and see if she can

confirm a time."

Jacqui, please let us know what the chair says.

Thanks again.

demo

On Apr 13, 2016, at 6:44 AM, Jacqueline Kraska/NORD wrote:

Hi demo,

I just followed up and asked if the Chair [of MAC] could give her approval to share specifically the report from B Komisaruk [with POISCenter forum members] before the rest of the assessment is complete.... Hopefully it will be sent back before the rest of them... I'll let you know ASAP.

All the best,
Jacqui

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:38:45 PM by demografx »