Poll

Can we have a strong speech and be that charismatic on POIS?

Yes.
1 (3.6%)
No.
13 (46.4%)
Almost impossible for most in POIS.(Some poisers might be very talented when it comes to using words)
14 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: The power of speech  (Read 9237 times)

karenin

The power of speech
« on: May 09, 2015, 11:22:54 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxXgTLvLuqo

The power of speech presented by Robert Downey Jr.

Just watch the youtube video and answer the poll.

Is it possible,when poisers are on POIS,to speak and behave like that while having a conversation.

I presented this link just to illustrate what I mean by strong speech and charsmatic behaviour so take it just as a very general example.

Spartak

Re: The power of speech
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 01:23:05 AM »
Yes we can I think.But it is at least for me 1000 harder compared when not in P.O.I.S
I don't want to sound like I am praisim myself.

But before I fall in POIS related depression I was quite comunicative,good speaker,good with words and in expressing myself.
Since my P O I S was not always severe, I was quite sociable even when in POIS.(I didn't enjoy,but I was somethimes good,sometimes very good in making jokes,selling products,and in general making bussines deals with with other people,and even with girls).
Main problem was for me  while in POIS was not to hurt anyone,since I don't really have system of values in P.O.I.S and how to show attidude with damaged memory and that "guilt and shamed" felling.
About Charizma,let's say that when in POIS I gave ( I don't go out if I don't have to anymore) more cold,closed guy and always on distance impression,more ironic and careless.
and when not in POIS positive,frienldy,life and  people loving ,and in general open and warm.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:30:32 AM by Spartak »
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

COLM_2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 09:53:12 AM »
Hi Spartak,

I think you described very well the personality changes that many of us have gone through.

Excruciating to be in the grip of a massive change imposed by a basic human expression. Going from what we can be (when free) and the things we can do so easily as younger men (without pois) versus the uncontrollable limits that guys have to fight against when the beast of POIS takes a grip.

Most people who suffer from depression find this alone hard enough, the other complicating symptoms in pois types show the obvious courage of the guys here to keep fighting on.

It does get better slowly, even if we might never get to be as 'cool and collected' as the actor In the YouTube clip.

Respect to all poisers !
Formerly user COLM (previous username accidentally deleted). Few decades with POIS.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 06:00:55 PM »

Joking, but with respect as COLM points out :)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 06:06:14 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

COLM_2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 02:03:19 AM »
Good man Demo, clever :-)
Formerly user COLM (previous username accidentally deleted). Few decades with POIS.

Spartak

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 10:43:44 PM »
LoL nice Demo :)
You are proof for this topic that POISER's can have good sense of humor ;)

Hi,Colm2

Thank you for kind words
I completly agree with you.
I also think that POISers (when ok)in communication can be very funny,creative etc
Simply because we are able to see and feel things that normal people can't even imagine.
To be more precise I am pretty sure that in terms of personality average people are way more superficial then we are.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:09:44 PM by Spartak »
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 01:18:41 PM »
LoL nice Demo :)
You are proof for this topic that POISER's can have good sense of humor ;)

Hi,Colm2

Thank you for kind words
I completly agree with you.
I also think that POISers (when ok)in communication can be very funny,creative etc
Simply because we are able to see and feel things that normal people can't even imagine.
To be more precise I am pretty sure that in terms of personality average people are way more superficial then we are.

Thanks, COLM & Spartak! :)
(Another famous law firm?? ;D )

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:21:00 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 09:25:10 PM »

COLM &

Spartak, Inc.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 09:53:42 PM by demografx »

dizzy

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 11:38:15 AM »
I have speech problems too, and they get worse after O.

However, I did find that listening to loud music at night for about an hour or so has the effect of greatly reducing my symptoms the next day. My voice gets lower, more relaxed, and speaking takes almost no effort.

I tried to reproduce this a couple of times, and it seems to work.

Unfortunately, it's not a real solution because I don't want to damage my ears. But I found it interesting enough to post about it. Perhaps others can confirm?

PS: I found this:
http://cogweb.ucla.edu/ep/Sacculus.html
https://lifehacker.com/5350990/boost-your-brains-health-with-loud-music
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 11:42:08 AM by dizzy »
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.