Poll

Do u currently use psych meds like bipolar or antiepileptic or antipsychotic  and kindly mention the medication name :

yes
no

Author Topic: How many is using psych meds  (Read 10766 times)

Labyrinth

How many is using psych meds
« on: April 25, 2015, 12:57:01 PM »
I would like to know if this pois is psychiatric disease and do poisers really found relief from psych meds or not ??
POIS of 10 yrs now

Labyrinth

Re: How many is using psych meds
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 12:58:25 PM »
Am using antihistamine genration one and klonopen .5 mg for sleep , my life is better but i feel there may be a more efffective medicine !!
POIS of 10 yrs now

Macster

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 06:15:12 PM »
I use Risperdal (anti-psychotic) and Celexa (anti-depressant). I have these because I was diagnosed with depression a couple of years ago. They help a little for the brain fog or emotions but also worsen certain physical symptoms.
Symptoms since I'm 15 y o, hair loss, muscle twitches, brain fog, anxiety, low confidence, stuffy nose, itchy eyes and skin, sensitive to temperature change, loud heartbeat. I currently use 5-htp and SAM-e.

Nightingale

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »
Seroquel (anti psychotic) I need this or else I become psychotic

Lithium (mood stabilizer/anti epileptic) Helps me from having depression/mania

Klonipin (anti anxiety/anti epileptic) Helps a lot with anxiety. Have to be careful with dosage, is addictive
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Labyrinth

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 06:43:55 AM »
thank u very much guys . macsater and nightingale i appreciate it . but do antipsychoti make u sleep well ? and do u wake up fresh for morning work ?
or do u feel like ur mood is stable with theae agents
POIS of 10 yrs now

Macster

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 11:01:28 AM »
Risperdal makes me sleepy but really doesn't help me get a good night's sleep.. I get up still very fatigued. But it does help wipe out racing thoughts (and brain fog) but I feel a little slow mentally. I usually only use it if I get too much anxiety to function well.

For sleep I use a low dose of melatonin (about 1/4 of a 2mg pill). It also seems to help me get less nocturnal emissions and I wake up in good shape. Also I think it helps with my memory but that may be just from the fact I'm sleeping well.
Symptoms since I'm 15 y o, hair loss, muscle twitches, brain fog, anxiety, low confidence, stuffy nose, itchy eyes and skin, sensitive to temperature change, loud heartbeat. I currently use 5-htp and SAM-e.

Nightingale

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 10:27:06 PM »
but do antipsychoti make u sleep well ?
Yes
and do u wake up fresh for morning work ?
No, not really. It takes me some time to wake up. But I am on such a low dose that it is much better than it used to be. I take 50 mg of Seroquel, I used to take 300mg and that was hard.

or do u feel like ur mood is stable with theae agents

Yes, my mood has been stable. But I should mention that I had major depression, treatment resistant depression. I did not defeat this until I had electro-convulsive therapy (ECT)
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Labyrinth

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 04:20:12 PM »
iam having bad depression as well but restriction of food make me happier , i meant healthy food relieves the depression , and i want agood sleeping aid i love sleeping now :D
POIS of 10 yrs now

Labyrinth

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 04:21:38 PM »
the problem that the focus and intensity of my work is maximum in the morning
POIS of 10 yrs now

Nightingale

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 09:46:29 PM »
the problem that the focus and intensity of my work is maximum in the morning

What time do you go to bed?

Labyrinth

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 07:45:40 AM »
12:00 am
POIS of 10 yrs now

Nightingale

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 02:33:58 PM »
12:00 am

How much time to you sleep? When does work start? I used to go to bed late, but I moved to being in bed at 10pm and asleep by 10:45pm. I wake up early, and I feel much better. I was a big change, but I had to realize the only things keeping me up late was the internet and video games. Those are not as important as my health!

The topic we are discussing here is sleep hygiene. I think it is one of the most important things for people with POIS to have good sleep hygiene!!

Labyrinth

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 02:48:41 PM »
do u sleep without meds
POIS of 10 yrs now

Outsider

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 08:14:05 AM »
But is that help you against your pois ?
Do you have psychotic phase ?
And do you have dystonia, perhaps linked with the psychotrops ?
36 years old, very strong physical symptoms past my 33 years,
symp psycho, neuro and physical

Pois92

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 02:54:50 PM »
I am taking a small dose of venlafaxine for mixed anxiety depressive disorder. Kind of helps, but not with POIS. I will visit my psychiatrist and ask if I could try bupropion for few days... hoping it would help with POIS symptoms.