Author Topic: Another POIS sufferer  (Read 12235 times)

vinred

Another POIS sufferer
« on: February 13, 2015, 03:42:46 AM »
Hi All,

I am newbie to this forum (Thanks to Daveman & Demografx for helping me with the registration). And this is my First post. I hope I am posting in the right section :) . I have been suffering from POIS for past 7 to 8 years (probably earlier too, but may be with minor symptoms), with new symptoms getting added as time passes. I have come across this forum (and NSF) few months back and since then i have been reading it.

I have all most all the symptoms associated with POIS.
1) All the Brain Fog related symptoms (memory loss (short term), lack of concentration, extreme fatigue, headaches, attention disorder, inability to make simple decisions, difficulty in communicating, confusion, anxiety) for almost 3 to 4 weeks. (first 2 weeks with higher Intensity)
2) Flu like symptoms (runny nose, sneezes, nasal congestion, red and itchy eyes )
3) un-refreshing sleep even after 10 hours of sleep a day, feels very very sleepy all the time
4) digestive problems (gas, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome, Hpylori bacteria- though not sure if this Hpylori is related to POIS)
5) Scalp Psoriasis
6)extreme physical weakness, joint pain, right shoulder joint pain, feels lazy all the time
7) Bad breath/smell from the mouth
8 ) degrading/blurry vision, sensitivity to sun/bright light, sensitive to noise.
9) anxiety, depression, not socializing much.
10) PE ( i feel it's because of POIS)
11) some times urge to urinate frequently.

There might be some others as well, which I might have forgotten :)

This POIS has literally ruined my life for the past 7-8 years in many ways in Professional and Personal life. I am 31 Years old and I am emotionally very low because of this POIS.

I have been seeing doctors (general Physicians, Urologists), but no use and they didn't recognize the issue at all.

I found an anti-histamine (don't remember the brand, believe it's generic) helped me one once when i took it for runny nose and then started taking Zyrtec, which did not helped.

After reading through this forums, I tried Claritin (24 hours)  and it seems to help me reducing the symptoms by 70% or so.

I have not tried Niacin yet, but will try and hope that it works for me too.

This is a great forum for all the POIS sufferers and I truly appreciate your contributions to the forum, especially that of Daveman and Demografx!
You guys are Amazing!!

I hope the Rutgers research goes well and we find cure for POIS this year.
Really Praying God for this and I hope we all be POIS free soon.

BTW, are we still raising funds for NORD-POIS? Please let me know.  I have donated $100 about 2 months back, but I am willing to contribute as much I can going forward.

Thank You!

FloppyBanana

Re: Another POIS sufferer
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 04:07:32 AM »
Welcome Vin
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 04:14:22 AM »
Welcome bro
Yes this is my family here we are fighting pois
I am running whatsapp group
Send me your number on email so I can add you
Take care
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

sameer7777

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 04:20:01 AM »
Should I try Claritin????
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

sameer7777

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 06:46:48 AM »
What time do you take claritin pls tell it must be sedative
I am on Xanax
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 10:07:31 AM »
Welcome Vin.   You will sure find some supplements suggestions on this forum that will help you relieve your symptoms.

Whatever supplements or combination of supplements you take, try to take them at least 50 minutes before O, to fully benefit from the protective effect they may give you.  Since your symptoms are lasting quite long, some of these supplements would be beneficial as a daily supplement.  I take omega-3, vitamine D, probiotics and 5-HTP every day, as long with antioxidants, and that have helped me a lot to now have a good health and good energy level.

Niacin may be a good one to try for you, indeed.  It may be good in particular for your brain fog and other cognitive symptoms, and the flu-like symptoms, and maybe others as well.  But I have noted in my analysis of what has been shared on this forum that niacin tends to be of more help to those who have cognitive and/or flu-like symptoms  ( for me, who has mostly emotional symptoms, niacin is not the game changer).

You seems to also have much allergy-like symptoms, you could try to combine your current second-generation antihistamine (like Claritin/loratadine, or Zyrtec/Reactine/cetirizine, or any labeled "non-drowsy") with an older, first generation antihistamine, like Benadryl/diphenhydramine, which cause drowsiness, but is more powerful against allergy symptoms.  You can consider adding a H2 antihistamine, like Pepcid/famotidine, or Zantac/ranitidine, which are usually marketed for stomach acidity, but are anti-H2.  A natural anti-histamine called Quercetin is also a good add-on - I have benefit from it, even if I have no allergy symptoms like you have, because it has other properties that are good for other POIS symptoms.

Do you take any prescription drugs?  If so, always check with your health professional for drug interactions, before trying new supplements.

For your digestive problems, probiotics capsules with both lactobacillus and bifidus strains would help you a lot, like it did for me, and for many others.  I hope you have already begin to develop a very healthy diet as well, and if not, you will find interesting guidelines on this forum about it.  You my have some elimination tests to do. like avoiding milk, or gluten, for a few weeks. Refined sugars, fructose or HFCS, MSG, aspartame, preservative, artificial color and flavor, I have eliminated all those, and it sure make a huge difference, after a couple of months.

Emotional "maintenance" is also very important.  I meditate at least 10 minutes every morning, and I am not the only one to do so on this forum.  It is one of the most useful "supplements", for me, especially for emotional symptoms like anxiety, social problems, irritability, communication, clarity, and so on.

With time and some tests, you will find some relief, I am sure.

I wish you the best possible health, Vin!

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

sameer7777

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 10:14:52 AM »
Very nice reply quantum
I will work in all of this
Thankyou quantum
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

sameer7777

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 10:23:41 AM »
Quantum can I use loratine and zantac together pls guide
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 01:57:24 PM »
Quantum can I use loratine and zantac together pls guide

Hi Sameer,

As per the forum rules, I am not allowed to answer this question.  Ask your physician.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:59:23 AM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

sameer7777

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 02:42:46 PM »
Thankyou quantum really appreciate
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

vinred

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 09:17:50 PM »
Thanks FB, Sameer! and Quantum for your detailed reply.

Quantum,
yes I have started taking other supplements. A dermatologist (whom I visited for Scalp Psoriasis) recommended taking Vitamin D, and Fish Oil (Omega-3).
along with those taking B-complex. I have not heard of 5 HTP before, looks like there are no serious side effects too, i will try to add this as a supplement . My main concern is with Brain Fog and Cognitive symptoms, all my symptoms go away in 2 weeks or so, but the brain fog & feeling sleepy still exists even after 2 weeks. so I will try Niacin for sure.
Currently i am not taking any Prescription Drugs ( I was taking some Anti Biotics for Hpylori, but have stopped them). I took some probiotics before, bit not taking them now.
Clarintin seems to help me with my digestive problems as well like 80% better. 
I am avoiding Sugar (except the one that comes through juices/fruits), but haven't avoided Milk yet ( i am lactic intolerance, I take lactose free milk).
I am not sure if i am Gluten Intolerant or not, not sure if there would be some tests to confirm it.  but I generally eat rice more, so I guess it's gluten free.

Yes I have to practice meditation, for some reason it has been very hard for me when i tried few years back, but will try again for sure.

Sameer,
 I took Claritin (Combination of: Pseudoephedrine, Loratadine)  like 30 mins before 'O' and one time I took Immediately (under a minute)  after the 'O' and both times, it helped me with my symptoms. Yes you should try Claritin if possible. For me Zyrtec which is another Anti-Histamine did not work, but Claritin worked. Claritin was not sedative, it was non-drowsy one)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 09:38:43 PM »
Welcome, Vin!

Please check out our Resources Page:

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg1#msg1
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 10:22:59 PM »
Thanks FB, Sameer! and Quantum for your detailed reply.

Quantum,
yes I have started taking other supplements. A dermatologist (whom I visited for Scalp Psoriasis) recommended taking Vitamin D, and Fish Oil (Omega-3).
along with those taking B-complex. I have not heard of 5 HTP before, looks like there are no serious side effects too, i will try to add this as a supplement . My main concern is with Brain Fog and Cognitive symptoms, all my symptoms go away in 2 weeks or so, but the brain fog & feeling sleepy still exists even after 2 weeks. so I will try Niacin for sure.
Currently i am not taking any Prescription Drugs ( I was taking some Anti Biotics for Hpylori, but have stopped them). I took some probiotics before, bit not taking them now.
Clarintin seems to help me with my digestive problems as well like 80% better. 
I am avoiding Sugar (except the one that comes through juices/fruits), but haven't avoided Milk yet ( i am lactic intolerance, I take lactose free milk).
I am not sure if i am Gluten Intolerant or not, not sure if there would be some tests to confirm it.  but I generally eat rice more, so I guess it's gluten free.

Yes I have to practice meditation, for some reason it has been very hard for me when i tried few years back, but will try again for sure.

Sameer,
 I took Claritin (Combination of: Pseudoephedrine, Loratadine)  like 30 mins before 'O' and one time I took Immediately (under a minute)  after the 'O' and both times, it helped me with my symptoms. Yes you should try Claritin if possible. For me Zyrtec which is another Anti-Histamine did not work, but Claritin worked. Claritin was not sedative, it was non-drowsy one)

Hi Vin,

5-HTP  is the direct metabolic precursor of serotonin  ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hydroxytryptophan ).  As you may know, the lack of serotonin in the brain is associated with anxiety, depression, irritability, social phobia, emotional instability, and other emotional symptoms as well.  So, 5-HTP, who passes freely to the brain, really helps with emotional symptoms. My most severe POIS symptoms are emotional, as long with fatigue and hypotension, so 5-HTP is part of my relief strategy.  I only take 25mg in the morning, and have no gastro-intestinal problems.  I also take 50mg of 5-HTP as part of the "pre-o pack"  I take 50 mins before O.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:24:44 PM by Quantum »

vinred

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 12:01:42 AM »
Thank you Quantum!

sameer7777

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 06:39:20 AM »
thankyou quantum , and vin ....!!!!!!!!
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

BluesBrother

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 07:26:55 AM »
Hi vinred,

I have almost the same symptoms like you - but they last much shorter. I have copied part of your list to my signature. I hope the great advice on this forum will help you to get better.

Used to have brain fog, flue-like symptoms, un-refreshing sleep, extreme exhaustion, muscle and joint pain, digestive problems, social anxiety, urge to urinate frequently.
Used niacin in the past. Now using nanna1's maintenance stack. Exhaustion and brain fog now main problem. 3-day POIS cycle

vinred

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 03:30:29 AM »
Just an update, I tried Niacin and it seems to be working better than Claritin for me. I tried Niacin couple of times and it seems to reduce my POIS symptoms by ~ 80%, specially my Brian Fog related ones. I took Claritin too along with Niacin to help reducing the runny nose and some other allergy like symptoms. The burning sensation of eyes also seems to be reduced but not completely gone. The non-refreshing  sleep that I used to have earlier also seems to be reduced. I don't feel as bad as I used to feel earlier. I still feel sleepy but much better than earlier. Over all I feel very good after taking Niacin.

sameer7777

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 05:53:23 AM »
Should I also buy niacin which one Pls guide Thankyou
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

vinred

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 06:43:28 PM »
Sameer,
Yes I would suggest you trying Niacin as it worked for many of them on this Forum.

Let me know if any questions.

sameer7777

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 03:40:54 AM »
Thankyou for your reply
Which one to buy flush or mom flush
What mg
And dosage pls guide
Thankyou
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION