POIS Cause/Treatment Discussions > Auto-Immune Causes and Treatments

Male Contraceptive Methods

(1/14) > >>

Daveman:
There are varios male contraceptive methods that are in various phases of testing. And the approaches for the methods vary, from stopping production of sperm altogether through  permiting production of sperm that are sterile to causing retention of semen, although it is produced.

Testing among the various methods will help to isolate whether it is indeed an allergy to sperm or some other component of the semen, and further test the details of the infection mechanisms.

There is much more information on these items in the NSF forum, however I will try to bring a few of the more complete posts on this sublect over here so we can have more in depth conversations.

Daveman:
This method has me the most excited. It seems to marry the auto-immune cause and the hormonal cause. Hopefully Demo will talk more about his "T" theories on the other "thread" but in that case it seems as though higher "T" quickens the sperm production process which, for the reasons that Demo can surely explain better, shortens the POIS symptoms.

In the case of it's use for short-circuiting the auto-immune reaction, the theory is, we haven't really proved it yet, that stopping the production of sperm altogether, will not permit the auto-immune reaction to initiate.

As I usnderstand it, there's a relatively delicate balance, and that the two in combination, Testosterone and progestins,  are much more consistently assured to stop this sperm production. Our hope is that when that happens, POIS will NOT appear. There are real hopes for it's success, because we have had some positive results with a different drug, Silodosin, that retains sperm.

So, if the combination doesn't work relative to the immune-system cause it still has a chance to work by establishing a hormone balance which has proven effective here already.

demografx:

--- Quote from: Daveman on April 01, 2011, 03:46:23 PM ---
This method has me the most excited. It seems to marry the auto-immune cause and the hormonal cause. Hopefully Demo will talk more about his "T" theories on the other "thread" but in that case it seems as though higher "T" quickens the sperm production process which, for the reasons that Demo can surely explain better, shortens the POIS symptoms.

In the case of it's use for short-circuiting the auto-immune reaction, the theory is, we haven't really proved it yet, that stopping the production of sperm altogether, will not permit the auto-immune reaction to initiate.

As I usnderstand it, there's a relatively delicate balance, and that the two in combination, Testosterone and progestins,  are much more consistently assured to stop this sperm production. Our hope is that when that happens, POIS will NOT appear. There are real hopes for it's success, because we have had some positive results with a different drug, Silodosin, that retains sperm.

So, if the combination doesn't work relative to the immune-system cause it still has a chance to work by establishing a hormone balance which has proven effective here already.

--- End quote ---

From Demo, Your T/P Guinea Pig!

This is really exciting. I just now received a voicemail from my endocrinologist: after weeks of reading up on T/P (Testosterone + Progesterone), male contraceptives, etc. he finally approved it!!

He will start me with 5mg of Norethindrone, titrating me up till it is determined how much I need -  plus the 15mg daily of testosterone - in the hopes of raising my POIS cure from 80% to 100%!

Wow! Another possible major change in my life of 30+ years' POIS agony!

Norethindrone info:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000278/

As always, do not take this as a recommendation for YOU. Keep looking till you find a good medical team - and fire them when they don't serve you!

Thank you sooooooooooo much, Doctor G!!

Hoping:

--- Quote from: demografx on April 01, 2011, 09:42:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Daveman on April 01, 2011, 03:46:23 PM ---

--- End quote ---

This is really exciting. I just now received a voicemail from my endocrinologist: after weeks of reading up on T/P (Testosterone + Progesterone), male contraceptives, etc. he finally approved it!!

He will start me with 5mg of Norethindrone, titrating me up till it is determined how much I need -  plus the 15mg daily of testosterone - in the hopes of raising my POIS cure from 80% to 100%!

Wow! Another possible major change in my life of 30+ years' POIS agony!

Norethindrone info:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000278/

As always, do not take this as a recommendation for YOU. Keep looking till you find a good medical team - and fire them when they don't serve you!

Thank you sooooooooooo much, Doctor G!!

--- End quote ---

Great news demo! Did you get the medication yet? When will you be starting?

demografx:

--- Quote from: Hoping on April 05, 2011, 10:31:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: demografx on April 01, 2011, 09:42:14 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Great news demo! Did you get the medication yet? When will you be starting?

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Hoping! He said "by the end of this week we can kickstart"! So I hope he calls by this Friday, April 8!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version