Author Topic: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS  (Read 291557 times)

vonstermommy

Re: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS
« Reply #520 on: July 31, 2012, 01:43:38 PM »
Update on my husband.

Short summary - took Niacin 5 times, flushed, 70-90% symptoms gone!
Last weekend - not sure if flushed and POIS :(

Last night he said "This is the worst I have ever felt"  So we will not consider sexual intercourse (I just wanted to use that phrase) for at least two weeks.  My concern is that  "it is the worst" after each time.  He is not whining, it really is worse than the last time.  And, I dont mean to be dramatic or scary, or even humorous, but I honestly think Im killing my husband with sex.  For him, 300mg Niacin is the way to go - just working on tweaking the dose, time, and frequency.

If you have a partner - please tell them to email me.  If you haven't tried Niacin - I would say, "Ask your GP first."  But he may just tell you "Its psychological, here is some Zoloft."
Im the wife of a man suffering from POIS. 300 Niacin. Feel free to give your wife my email address!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #521 on: July 31, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
Update on my husband.

Short summary - took Niacin 5 times, flushed, 70-90% symptoms gone!
Last weekend - not sure if flushed and POIS :(

Last night he said "This is the worst I have ever felt"  So we will not consider sexual intercourse (I just wanted to use that phrase) for at least two weeks.  My concern is that  "it is the worst" after each time.  He is not whining, it really is worse than the last time.  And, I dont mean to be dramatic or scary, or even humorous, but I honestly think Im killing my husband with sex.  For him, 300mg Niacin is the way to go - just working on tweaking the dose, time, and frequency.

If you have a partner - please tell them to email me.  If you haven't tried Niacin - I would say, "Ask your GP first."  But he may just tell you "Its psychological, here is some Zoloft."

Several have said that if for some reason, like your husband, there is a bad session, that you can do another niacin session with orgasm (correctly) and it will not only protect you but remove the previous POIS. Just taking the niacin though without orgasm does nothing for prexistant POIS. You have to have another orgasm after you take the naicin.

I personally have found that if I am iffy (medium POIS after taking niacin without waiting after eating), I can take the niacin in about 36 hours and have another orgasm, and I feel great. It sort of does a “reset”.

But still, even with niacin, too many orgasms in a row can gang up on you and the niacin is less effective. But I’m talking about maybe 4 times a week… not just a second one to reset the first every once in a while.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #522 on: August 06, 2012, 09:30:23 AM »

$9,270.00 $9,350.00 $10,272.00 $10,802.00 raised    
THANK YOU TO THE RETURNING MONTHLY DONOR TODAY!!!!
towards our $33,500 goal.

Click here to CURE POIS:

Click here to read more about The POIS Medical Fund
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

poisioq

« Reply #523 on: August 10, 2012, 02:32:07 PM »
I would like to try niacin but i am scared because i am also affected by irritable colon and i've read that xanthiol nicotinate could trigger stomach pain as it happened to some of the members of this forum.
is there a safe way to take it?

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #524 on: August 10, 2012, 03:52:47 PM »
I would like to try niacin but i am scared because i am also affected by irritable colon and i've read that xanthiol nicotinate could trigger stomach pain as it happened to some of the members of this forum.
is there a safe way to take it?

In my experience, I’ve only had strange things happen to the stomach with a very strong flush (taking too much). Even then the effect is very transient and goes away quickly. It’s like it causes temporary muscle spasms.

It's not like an acid producing thing.

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

poisioq

« Reply #525 on: August 11, 2012, 05:40:27 AM »
ok thank you for yor quick reply.
I am italian living in spain. have some spanish guy in the forum found a good brand in here (not the flush-free one)?
if not, which one could I buy on the net?

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #526 on: August 11, 2012, 07:26:52 AM »
Online the brand that works very well for me is Nature's Way. I get the 100mg capsule, so you can open it up to create partial doses... easy to take 150 mg for example.

I'm sure someone from Spain can let you know if there's something available off the shelf.

Try the first time in the morning, or sometime when you can fast for a good 6 hrs before taking the niacin. Then just take 100 to 150mg.

With a good fast before, that dosage should give you a good flush without any stomach problems and with luck, you'll be very surprised how much it reduces the POIS.

vetrofragile79

« Reply #527 on: August 11, 2012, 10:01:14 AM »

[ hello daveman took natures way of 100, too. on ebay. ]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:35:25 PM by vetro79 »

poisioq

« Reply #528 on: August 11, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »

Grazie ve-to
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 11:05:46 AM by poisioq »

haidcat

« Reply #529 on: August 13, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »
I had a quick question on niacin. To the people who find it useful, if you are in the middle of a POIS episode, does it take you out of one if you take niacin and orgasm? Or, do you still have to wait for the episode to end, and the niacin just protects you from future episodes?

Because I tried niacin, and i felt it didnt do much for me... but I was in the middle of an episode and I feel like maybe it was the previous episodes symptoms rather than the niacin not working...

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #530 on: August 14, 2012, 08:34:29 AM »
I had a quick question on niacin. To the people who find it useful, if you are in the middle of a POIS episode, does it take you out of one if you take niacin and orgasm? Or, do you still have to wait for the episode to end, and the niacin just protects you from future episodes?

Because I tried niacin, and i felt it didnt do much for me... but I was in the middle of an episode and I feel like maybe it was the previous episodes symptoms rather than the niacin not working...

Yes, I've found, that as long as you take the niacin AND have an orgasm, it takes you out of the POIS. As long as the niacin is taken by the rules with flush and proper timing!

It's a God send!!

Taking niacin to releive POIS is almost an artform!! I have tried to compensate for short fast periods by taking more niacin, but that doesn't really work well, it's not consistent, AND hard on the liver.

If you are in a POIS session and want to get out, take the niacin well fasted (at least 6 hrs) and have the orgasm at least 30 min. after the flush, which should be good (100 to 200mg niacin).

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #531 on: August 14, 2012, 10:27:25 AM »

$9,270.00 $9,350.00 $10,272.00 $11,002.00 raised    
THANK YOU TO THE RETURNING MONTHLY DONOR !!!!
towards our $33,500 goal.

Click here to CURE POIS:

Click here to read more about The POIS Medical Fund
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 12:16:03 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #532 on: September 03, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »
This has to be one of the best days of my life. I have had two orgasms in the same day and i feel 100% free of brain fog, my mind is clear, excellent mood...  A decisive victory against POIS but the battle is not over. It would have been impossible if not were for all the people that come here to fight against this condition. Thank you very much. :)

Today It is my "birthday",  This 4th September was a special day... It was the first day when I could be finally myself after an O. It was the day when I hit back strongly at the POIS monster after so much time suffering from the illness- 7 years - and it has been an AMAZING year ... Thank you everyone here for your incredible help, we are a strong team and I am sure that in the end everyone will get rid of the suffering that this illness has brought to our lives.

Prancer

« Reply #533 on: September 03, 2012, 10:28:07 PM »
Today It is my "birthday",  This 4th September was a special day... It was the first day when I could be finally myself after an O. It was the day when I hit back strongly at the POIS monster after so much time suffering from the illness- 7 years - and it has been an AMAZING year ... Thank you everyone here for your incredible help, we are a strong team and I am sure that in the end everyone will get rid of the suffering that this illness has brought to our lives.

Happy birthday Observer! 8)

urano75

« Reply #534 on: March 12, 2013, 05:12:13 AM »
Hi Folks,
let me share what's going on with my niacin experiments.
I'm still using a batch of few-months-old 500mg full-flush niacin (Nicotinic Acid), while I'm waiting to receive fresh 100mg caspules.
It's been a couple of times that I wake-up early morning and, being sure this way that I've had enough fasting hours and I'm far from any other supplements, I take 500mg of that niacin and wait in bed for the flush to happen. Well, something very weak happens 30 mins after, but eventually I fall deeply asleep again. Then I wake up (later than usual) in the morning 2-3 hours after, and a small flush happens again as I take my supplements or eat something. In other words, I never get a full-blown flush this way, especially on empty stomach when it's supposed to happen.

500mg are quite a bit, and I'm using this big amount because it's not so fresh, the flush doesn't occur right away nonetheless.
Also, the fact that a small flush occurs few hours after when I eat something means that some of that niacin is still around, waiting to be fully metabolized, is my assumption wrong? As if niacin metabolization is somehow slowed down. Or is it normal this way?
Finally, I slept in and didn't wake-up very refreshed. Not so unusual for me, but something to be considered anyway.

I'll wait for the fresh batch and test with smaller doses, but does this all say anything to any of you?
Thanks,
Andrea

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #535 on: March 12, 2013, 06:43:30 AM »
Hi Folks,
I'm still using a batch of few-months-old 500mg full-flush niacin (Nicotinic Acid), while I'm waiting to receive fresh 100mg caspules.
It's been a couple of times that I wake-up early morning and, being sure this way that I've had enough fasting hours and I'm far from any other supplements, I take 500mg of that niacin and wait in bed for the flush to happen. Well, something very weak happens 30 mins after, but eventually I fall deeply asleep again. Then I wake up (later than usual) in the morning 2-3 hours after, and a small flush happens again as I take my supplements or eat something. In other words, I never get a full-blown flush this way, especially on empty stomach when it's supposed to happen.

500mg are quite a bit, and I'm using this big amount because it's not so fresh, the flush doesn't occur right away nonetheless.
Also, the fact that a small flush occurs few hours after when I eat something means that some of that niacin is still around, waiting to be fully metabolized, is my assumption wrong? As if niacin metabolization is somehow slowed down. Or is it normal this way?
Finally, I slept in and didn't wake-up very refreshed. Not so unusual for me, but something to be considered anyway.

I'll wait for the fresh batch and test with smaller doses, but does this all say anything to any of you?
Thanks,
Andrea

That happened to me with a batch that I bought on Amazon I think it was, don't remembe the brand right now.

It said pure niacin, nothing more. I was in capsules, 500mg. I opened up the capsule and separated out 150 mg.
I noticed that it didn't really taste like the niacin I had used successfully. Maybe similar, but it seemed that the powder didn't dissolve rapidly like the "good stuff" did.

I took a whole 500mg (for me if it was the regular niacin, I'd be burning up, but didn't get anything until a couple of hours later. And like you said, it lasted on and off for several hours).
So I assumed it was a buffered niacin. The powder coated with gelling substance that doesn't let all the niacin get to your system at the same time.

Once you get good niacin, BE CAREFUL. DON'T take 500 at once

My good stuff is Nature's Way 100 mg capsules.The only one I can vouch for, but there are others.

urano75

« Reply #536 on: March 12, 2013, 07:35:35 AM »
Hi Folks,

Thanks,
Andrea

That happened to me with a batch that I bought on Amazon I think it was, don't remembe the brand right now.

It said pure niacin, nothing more. I was in capsules, 500mg. I opened up the capsule and separated out 150 mg.
I noticed that it didn't really taste like the niacin I had used successfully. Maybe similar, but it seemed that the powder didn't dissolve rapidly like the "good stuff" did.

I took a whole 500mg (for me if it was the regular niacin, I'd be burning up, but didn't get anything until a couple of hours later. And like you said, it lasted on and off for several hours).
So I assumed it was a buffered niacin. The powder coated with gelling substance that doesn't let all the niacin get to your system at the same time.

Once you get good niacin, BE CAREFUL. DON'T take 500 at once

My good stuff is Nature's Way 100 mg capsules.The only one I can vouch for, but there are others.

Thanks Daveman.

Mine was this http://www.twinlab.com/product/niacin-b-3-caps-500-mg, I thought it could be OK.
I've ordered the Nature's Way 100mg , they're on their way.

I was wondering if there might be other factors causing this strange behavior, e.g. the way niacin is metabolyzed in my body.
I'm feeling fatigued today even with no sex. As I suspect to be undermethylating (see my history), I must understand if I can tolerate niacin well....

urano75

« Reply #537 on: March 21, 2013, 07:57:48 AM »
A quick update on my niacin experiments.
I finally got the Nature's Way 100mg cps, which are recommended by many here.
I decided to have a try yesterday, after 2 weeks abstaining from sex.
I took 200mg at 22:20, after 3 hours fasting.
40 mins after waiting for the flush, I took 100mg every 15 mins until I reached 500mg: still no flush.
I had an O around midnight, even without flush.
I had a challenging night with seasonal allergies symptoms despite the anti-histamines and didn't sleep very well.
I have mild flu-like symptoms today, mixed to allergy.

Few considerations and questions:
- Whatever the niacin brand and batch, I can't have a flush now up to 500mg on empty stomach: any ideas why? I remember I sometimes had unwanted flushes in the past with 500mg of niacin after meal.
- Has anyone with seasonal allergies (pollens) noted an aggravation of allergic symptoms (nose, throat irritation) after using niacin?
- I'm not able to say if today I only have light POIS (flu-like pains, cold hands) because of niacin, or for some other factors. Including the fact that 2 weeks of abstention are quite a bit, longer than usual.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #538 on: March 22, 2013, 10:31:28 AM »
A quick update on my niacin experiments.
I finally got the Nature's Way 100mg cps, which are recommended by many here.
I decided to have a try yesterday, after 2 weeks abstaining from sex.
I took 200mg at 22:20, after 3 hours fasting.
40 mins after waiting for the flush, I took 100mg every 15 mins until I reached 500mg: still no flush.
I had an O around midnight, even without flush.
I had a challenging night with seasonal allergies symptoms despite the anti-histamines and didn't sleep very well.
I have mild flu-like symptoms today, mixed to allergy.

Few considerations and questions:
- Whatever the niacin brand and batch, I can't have a flush now up to 500mg on empty stomach: any ideas why? I remember I sometimes had unwanted flushes in the past with 500mg of niacin after meal.
- Has anyone with seasonal allergies (pollens) noted an aggravation of allergic symptoms (nose, throat irritation) after using niacin?
- I'm not able to say if today I only have light POIS (flu-like pains, cold hands) because of niacin, or for some other factors. Including the fact that 2 weeks of abstention are quite a bit, longer than usual.

I've found that 3 hours fasting is the MINIMUM, and I usually don't have great results.

I guess it's the biggest drawback to niacin. You really need about 6 hrs to be sure.

I have sometimes required "up to 175 mg" after 6 hrs flush, but usually it comes on fairly strong with 100.

After 3 hrs I need 300 minimum. And the results are partial.

A lot depends on the food before. Things that are heavy on the liver like pork and heavy fried food, and alcohol,
require more time for recuperation.

Alcohol needs to be considered in the fast as well. If you have a couple of beers during the 3 hr fast, forget the niacin
nothing will happen.

Try again with complete fast for 6 hrs. Don't take any more than 200 mg. Then if you need more do as you did
taking more every 15 min. If you have to take 500, he effect will be poor.

Tell me more about the niacinamide. I bought some, but haven't tried it yet. My niacin works so well, but if I could get
niacinamide to work, it would be great not to fuss with the fasting.

urano75

« Reply #539 on: March 22, 2013, 10:50:08 AM »
I take 260mg niacinammide daily as part of my B-Complex, I wonder is that contributes to niacin "tolerance" in some way...
I guess the next way to try is on morning as I wake-up, as I already did with the old brand, unfortunately with similar effects.
I caught a cold (guess how?) now and must wait.
Ironically, I don't drink alcohol and pork meat and very sparingly deep fried food, so it could be very easy for me to flush ;-)
What I usually do eat on evening are fresh (goat) cheeses, I wonder if the high content in fats and proteins has an influence. In other words, if niacin would work better after a carbs, protein or fats meal.