Author Topic: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS  (Read 291555 times)

vetrofragile79

Re: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS
« Reply #460 on: February 27, 2012, 05:08:50 AM »
dont understand: u take nicoti acid in table (your link) or powder?  i take powder

I crush the tablets and turn them into powder.

why crush the tablets??

vetrofragile79

« Reply #461 on: February 27, 2012, 05:11:11 AM »
http://www.arganiascorbile.it/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=niacin&product_id=373

not niacin days before...in past i have always had an effect, even at 90 g for this are concerned. means that has expired? and 'powder inside a plastic bag .. I keep it closed but it takes the air, has expired?

your niacin brand is nicotic acid?

I agree with Observer. I have taken capsules that I have left out (I sometimes leave one capsule beside the bed for emergencies ;), but the effect is always weaker. I have since been sure to leave the capsules in a closed container.

The powdered form would be great, but I would put it into smaller 100ml sealed jars. That's probably the problem. Because as you said, lesser amounts have given you a flush.

You might see if some powder that is closer to the center of the mass of powder is "stronger". With any luck, only the surface material has lost strength.

How much is in a bag?

100g bags : http://www.arganiascorbile.it/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=niacin&product_id=373
why the powder version as better?

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #462 on: February 28, 2012, 06:05:06 PM »
dont understand: u take nicoti acid in table (your link) or powder?  i take powder

I crush the tablets and turn them into powder.

why crush the tablets??

Because they are more effective :). Do you understand what i am doing? If not, please tell me, i will try to translate it to italian.

vetrofragile79

« Reply #463 on: March 01, 2012, 03:41:37 AM »
i think yes... u crush the tables couse powder have more effective..right?

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #464 on: March 02, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »
I have suggested before and I do it again try having orgasm in the morning after u wake up and then no orgasm for a week or as long as u can control...the day u have orgasm and the other day will be all u will suffer and from the third day life will be normal...it works for me please try it friends instead of having any drugs

That could be related to the fact that Testosterone levels are 30% higher during the morning(after waking up) than the rest of the day.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/tutorials/lowtestosterone/ur189102.pdf

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #465 on: March 02, 2012, 05:23:50 PM »
i think yes... u crush the tables couse powder have more effective..right?

Yes, that´s right!

lauracostis

• NLGroup
« Reply #466 on: March 27, 2012, 12:16:02 AM »
Just to let everyone know, you can have niacin injections made at any compounding pharmacy.  However, you do need a prescription even though niacin is an over the counter drug in the U.S.  I just had 20ml (100mg/ml) of nicotinic acid injections made for me for 50 US dollars.  If you do decide to get a prescription, you need to tell your doctor and the pharmacy that you want "nicotinic acid" and not niacinimide or nicotanimide, because they routinely use the non-flush niacin when they make custom B vitamin complex injections for people. (they probably dont have pure pharmaceutical grade nicotinic acid on hand to make injections, so they may have to order it before they make it)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:19:21 AM by lauracostis »

lauracostis

• NLGroup
« Reply #467 on: March 27, 2012, 12:40:05 AM »
Although xanthinol nicotinate is a common form of niacin found outside of the U.S. and can be found as complamin or complamina among many other names ( full list of generic names from most countries found here http://www.agenericdrugs.com/?s=Complamina%20Retard).  However, the only problem is that the injectable form is not that desirable because people can just take the pill form, so is not offered by online pharmacies because no one is looking for it. 

Ccconfucius

« Reply #468 on: March 27, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »
Although xanthinol nicotinate is a common form of niacin found outside of the U.S. and can be found as complamin or complamina among many other names ( full list of generic names from most countries found here http://www.agenericdrugs.com/?s=Complamina%20Retard).  However, the only problem is that the injectable form is not that desirable because people can just take the pill form, so is not offered by online pharmacies because no one is looking for it. 
r u going to try it soon.

victor.kons

« Reply #469 on: March 30, 2012, 07:49:06 AM »
Thanks  :D  Feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and it's actually not POIS!  I actually have a personal announcement to make:  Niacin works for me.  It works WELL.  I said before that it didn't seem to work for me even though I was getting the flush.  But I was not waiting long enough after the flush to O, and for the past two weeks I've been reaping the benefits of HIGHLY reducted POIS symptoms!  It was as simple as that, get the FULL flush (face exploding kind, I need at least 500 mg at fasting to attain this, and i need 4-5 hours fasting), and wait at LEAST 20 minutes for the flush to abate.  It hasn't fully hit me, the implications of this, but it's starting to.  I'm getting a little emotional just write this...!

Near the top of my things to do with the amount of life that I will get back with this is to advocate for treatment of this illness.  I've tasted POIS freedom, and I don't want to have to deal with it ever again!  That means an even better solution than niacin flushing HAS to be found!  AND word has to spread, and it IS spreading virally like a disease! (bad analogy? =p)
3 day POIS sessions, brain fog, heartbeat, digestion problems. Currently using XN for 95% relief from POIS symptoms.

b_jim

« Reply #470 on: April 03, 2012, 02:14:06 AM »
I'm 99% convinced my Pois is linked to glycemia and probably insuline but I don't understand why.
Niacin is a cofactor of insuline synthesis but niacin supplements don't really improve my symptoms.

There is something very logical with niacin as cofactor of insuline and then cofactor of *something* in Pois (maybe histamine or steroid hormones or .... something else ).

When I reduce glycemic index food, I reduce insuline secretion and then I save something,  maybe niacin.
Another point is fenugreek and garlic. Fenugreek is one the most hypoglyemic plant known and garlic has a moderate hypoglycemic effect too.
Same thing for Cinnamon.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:37:27 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #471 on: April 03, 2012, 09:24:23 AM »
I'm 99% convinced my Pois is linked to glycemia and probably insuline but I don't understand why.
Niacin is a cofactor of insuline synthesis but niacin supplements don't really improve my symptoms.

There is something very logical with niacin as cofactor of insuline and then cofactor of *something* in Pois (maybe histamine or steroid hormones or .... something else ).

When I reduce glycemic index food, I reduce insuline secretion and then I save something,  maybe niacin.
Another point is fenugreek and garlic. Fenugreek is one the most hypoglyemic plant known and garlic has a moderate hypoglycemic effect too.
Same thing for Cinnamon.
Try checking your blood sugar level  before niacin and after 2 hours of taking it you'll be suprised as Nicotinic acid (niacin)  among glucocorticoids , protease inhibitors, atypical antipsychotocs are all drugs that induce hyperglycemia , and are one of the main drugs that cause drug induced diabetes mellitus

while i do agree that when i'm in a low carb diest my pois symoptoms decrease and when i use fenugreek and garlic which are hypoglycemic it also decreases my pois , but what they have in common and nictonic acid doesnt is that both garlic and fenugreek have thier positive effect wether taken before or after orgasm , while niacin only works before and it increases blood sugar so it must work in a completely different mechanism

b_jim

« Reply #472 on: April 03, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »
Yes, of course I don't say niacin may have a negative effect on Pois with its hyperglycemic proprieties.
I just say there is something pumped out with Pois, which is linked to inuslin.
That's why the low GI diet pumps out less something.

Insuline is a chain of 51 amino-acids. But zinc is an important cofactor (zinc links), vitamins B3 and B6 seems to be important cofactors too.

But anyway I have tested my glycemia during "warmth symptom" 30 minutes after meal, day 0. Blood level was normal.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:58:24 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Ccconfucius

« Reply #473 on: April 10, 2012, 09:12:28 PM »
can niacin be used everyday, or does it affect liver

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #474 on: April 11, 2012, 09:05:16 PM »
why would you take it everyday ? there is no need for that

Ccconfucius

« Reply #475 on: April 12, 2012, 11:52:31 AM »
if i would get  benefit from it i would have to use everyday because i dont know when i would get NEs and sex dreams that keep my pois lingering.  I would have to use it right when i go to sleep and  in the middle of the night.

Egordon

« Reply #476 on: April 12, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »
Niacin can absolutely be used everyday. In fact, many people with high cholesterol take between 1000 - 2000mg a day! But if you're using Niacin everyday, you should do so under the supervision of a doctor. Especially if you're taking more than 500mg.
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

b_jim

« Reply #477 on: April 13, 2012, 01:01:02 AM »
My total cholesterol is just under normal value.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #478 on: April 14, 2012, 05:29:52 AM »
Niacin can absolutely be used everyday. In fact, many people with high cholesterol take between 1000 - 2000mg a day! But if you're using Niacin everyday, you should do so under the supervision of a doctor. Especially if you're taking more than 500mg.

It's true. But taking it every day, you need to take high doses because you establish a higher threshold. Also I'm not sure if taking it every day would "protect you" becasue of the raised tolerance. You would have to "flush" each time, which is what indicates that you have taken enough.

From what I understand, most who take it daily don't flush, even if they take 1000 or 2000 mg.

But CC, I don't think you would have to take it every day. My guess would be that if you had an orgasm every two or three days, you probably wouldn't get NEs. And even if you did get an NE every once in a while, still some protection is better than none.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Ccconfucius

« Reply #479 on: April 14, 2012, 04:15:21 PM »

It's true. But taking it every day, you need to take high doses because you establish a higher threshold. Also I'm not sure if taking it every day would "protect you" becasue of the raised tolerance. You would have to "flush" each time, which is what indicates that you have taken enough.

From what I understand, most who take it daily don't flush, even if they take 1000 or 2000 mg.

But CC, I don't think you would have to take it every day. My guess would be that if you had an orgasm every two or three days, you probably wouldn't get NEs. And even if you did get an NE every once in a while, still some protection is better than none.

In addition to what you said i also have to think if it would affect my dessensitization program or not.
Am going to try everyday for two weeks see if it even helps my symptoms, if it does i will transition into every copule of days.
I was going to do everyday rapaflo instead, but that is making me tired and it might actually have more sideffects.