Author Topic: Where do i start about treatment ??  (Read 3956 times)

Bulls eye

• Lab1
Where do i start about treatment ??
« on: June 29, 2011, 04:33:22 AM »
Excuse me for the noobish question , but the community is flooded with info that i dont know where to start

What kind of medical tests should i take ?

What kind of treatment should i start ? ( i started using fenugreek about an hour ago  ;D )

is there a way that lets me communicate with a doctor online ? because am afraid i wont find help where i live 

Best Wishes

emi_b

• Lab1
Re: Where do i start about treatment ??
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 05:18:51 AM »
What kind of medical tests should i take ?

There is almost no specific test for POIS, yet. (I think)
In the latest paper Dr. Waldinger suggested to do a skin prick test with autologus semen, although this is not a deffinite test, because there are people that get negative results.

is there a way that lets me communicate with a doctor online ? because am afraid i wont find help where i live 
I don't know where to write to a doctor, or to what doctor to write.
More informations should appear on this forum about this problem soon I think, so maybe try to wait until then, unless you find a doctor in you country that can help you. This is not excluded. :)

I'll give you some links with some informations about POIS:

Dr. Waldinger's Website
POIS compendium website

Also a welcome message from the old thread from NSF:
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg359393#msg359393

Now we are in the transition from the old NSF thread to this, which is more usefull.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:48:37 AM by emi_b »
I have cognitive, psychological and physical symptoms.
I am apologizing for my English if it is unclear.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:09:29 AM »
Hi Bulls eye.

These forums, both Naked Scientist Forum and this one, present may different things that an help reduce symptoms. For some one set of things work well, for others, another set of things work.

Each one is a little different, but I've found, that if you can find a group of people within the forum that have similar symptoms to your, it is more likely that what they do to aleviate their symptoms will help you too.

One does have to watch diet and lifestyle, but mostly diet. There are things that can make you POIS worse, and things that can make it better. It's a matter of isolating one thing at a time and testing it for at least three POIS sessions. As you will see, even things like weather systems, or amount of sunlight can make relatively big differences. So if varyations in those happen while you are testing something they also have to be taken into account. So it;s not so easy to find the right combination.

But once you find it, you can often reduce your suffering by quite a bit. It takes patience but can be worth it.

In 3 to 6 months, you can be living quite a bit better with nothing more than control of your habits.

Meantime, actual cures are getting closer.

Dr. Waldinger wrote two key papers which have made a lot of impact. And while they are maybe not 100% definitive, they are the most specific in terms of an actual medical recognition AND solution.

Some other very good researchers are working on approaches similar and exciting.

We are raising funds to start a seed research program through NORD (National Organization for Rare Disorders). In this we hope to reunite the 4 yrs of data and information that has been developed at  the Naked Scientists Forum (NSF).

This forum was born from that one and is OUR forum, independant and soley for POIS. We hope to provide more focus in a future direction, less conjecture and more movement.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Bulls eye

• Lab1
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 03:54:22 PM »
Thank you all for your enormous support :) , This Forum has given me much hope , God bless the internet  ;D