Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 386310 times)

Vessto2

Re: Testosterone
« Reply #720 on: September 05, 2021, 03:52:00 PM »
Hello.  please give me a lot of information why trt might not work at all.  I always have pois.  I've tried testosterone propionate and in gel form - they don't work at all.  I have been taking aromatase blockers, and to no avail (My shbg is high, as is progesterone. I also did not respond to stanozolol and proviron. Proviron may need a lot. I don?t know. I have first degree left testicular varicocele. I want to try Drostanolone

Adrian920

« Reply #721 on: September 05, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »
The only time I felt better was when I was on female hormones (I am transexual though), had to pause them for more than 1 year because of medical processing. I am also castrated via burdizzo.

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #722 on: September 06, 2021, 12:05:28 AM »
Hello.  please give me a lot of information why trt might not work at all.  I always have pois.  I've tried testosterone propionate and in gel form - they don't work at all.  I have been taking aromatase blockers, and to no avail (My shbg is high, as is progesterone. I also did not respond to stanozolol and proviron. Proviron may need a lot. I don?t know. I have first degree left testicular varicocele. I want to try Drostanolone

You could try some antiprogestins as well. Diosgenin (wild yam root, maca and fenugreek) and licorice may have potent antiprogestin effects. Keep in mind that they may still exert some progesterone-like effects (e.g. sigma 1 receptor). These all help me, however I don't know anything about my actual hormone levels.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3669.20
(bottom of the page)

Another testosterone booster called Tongkat Ali also helps me somewhat. The proposed mechanism of Tongkat Ali is actually based on SHBG. By the activation of the CYP17 enzyme it may also lower progesterone.
Eurycoma contains a group of small peptides referred to as "eurypeptides" that are known to have effects in improving energy status and sex drive in studies of rodents. The effects of tongkat ali in restoring normal testosterone levels appears to be less due to actually "stimulating" testosterone synthesis, but rather by increasing the release rate of "free" testosterone from its binding hormone, sex-hormone-binding-globulin (SHBG). In this way, eurycoma may be considered not so much a testosterone "booster" (such as an anabolic steroid), but rather a "maintainer" of normal testosterone levels and a "restorer" of normal testosterone levels (from "low" back "up" to normal ranges).
The mechanism of action of the bioactive complex polypeptides ("eurypeptides" with 36 amino acids) has been shown to activate the CYP17 enzyme (17 alpha-hydroxylase and 17,20 lyase) to enhance the metabolism of pregnenolone and progesterone to yield more DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) and androstenedione, respectively.
In one trial of endurance cyclists cortisol levels were 32% lower and testosterone levels were 16% higher in supplemented subjects compared to placebo, indicating a more favorable biochemical profile for promoting an "anabolic" hormone state.

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-10-28?crsi=662497356&cicada_org_src=healthwebmagazine.com&cicada_org_mdm=direct
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #723 on: September 23, 2021, 08:10:30 AM »
Greetings to rollercoaster!

;D ;D

« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:30:21 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #724 on: September 29, 2021, 09:36:57 PM »
New endocrinologist now. Previous doc moved to another city.

My testosterone (including free T) levels have been low, so I have now been increased the prescription to 8mg/day (365 days/year).

I am now at double the TRT dose I started with 11 years ago.

Since my old open heart surgery, I was concerned about the possibility of heart inflammation with increasing the dose, but my new endocrinologist says that my hemoglobin count is well within the desired range.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:20:59 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

drop247

« Reply #725 on: October 02, 2021, 10:10:19 AM »
Thanks for the update Demo. I wish you good luck with the new prescription. Please let us know if you notice any increased benefits.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #726 on: October 03, 2021, 08:54:13 PM »
Thank you, drop 247!

I will.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #727 on: October 12, 2021, 02:52:41 PM »

Sleep study last night [July 2, 2021].

As expected (this was my 2nd study), I showed
severe sleep apnea

Improved POIS symptom relief (took regular dose of 6mg testosterone & Tylenol PM - - includes 50mg Benadryl - - right before study)

Slept better than in YEARS. Mood lifted. Chronic fatigue lifted as well.

Resisted mask wearing for years. Now ready to wear it!!

Last night [October 11, 2021] was my
first night using a CPAP device at home - - before last night it was only done using CPAP  at an overnight medical laboratory sleep study.

In spite of solid medical advice & dire warnings that - - considering my severe condition of
sleep apnea - - I could die without CPAP breathing assistance, I still resisted it for the last 5 years (strictly a mental/psychological adjustment!)

I witnessed - - once again - - a dramatic improvement in my current POIS symptoms (above and beyond my TRT/Benadryl/Tylenol routine).

Placebo effect? Time will tell.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 08:55:46 PM by demografx »

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #728 on: October 15, 2021, 07:37:50 AM »
You are consistently using the sleeping mask now, right? Then I'd say that should help too :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #729 on: October 15, 2021, 08:30:14 AM »

You are consistently using the sleeping mask now, right? Then I'd say that should help too :)

Thanks, Berlin! I forgot to mention that!!

Yes, last night was my 4th successful night with the Hannibal Lecter mask!!
;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 04:47:28 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #730 on: October 15, 2021, 08:35:31 AM »

Thanks for the [testosterone] update Demo. I wish you good luck with the new prescription. Please let us know if you notice any increased [POIS] benefits.

Feeling better!

But it might be too soon to tell. So far, it’s either the 33-1/3% increase in Androderm TRT Rx, or…
:) the-vaccine-that-we-don’t-talk-about :)

Or the sleeping mask!

Or both all 3!

THANKS BERLIN!!

The most noticeable improvement is in my POIS-recovery time, the refractory period. I’m recouping more quickly.

Quantum, I’m happy to edit the above ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 08:38:48 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #731 on: October 17, 2021, 07:47:45 PM »

Thanks for the [testosterone] update Demo. I wish you good luck with the new prescription. Please let us know if you notice any increased [POIS] benefits.

Feeling better!

But it might be too soon to tell. So far, it’s either the 33-1/3% increase in Androderm TRT Rx, or…
:) the-vaccine-that-we-don’t-talk-about :)

Or the sleeping mask!

Or both all 3!

THANKS BERLIN!!

The most noticeable improvement is in my POIS-recovery time, the refractory period. I’m recouping more quickly.

drop247, current POIS episode: symptoms are milder, but not as good as the last episode.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #732 on: October 23, 2021, 01:47:47 AM »

I’m writing this from the hospital. Admitted to ER last night for “observation for ‘dizziness’ “, hope to be released soon…

Discharged yesterday.

I’m almost embarrassed to be writing this, but what landed me in the hospital ER (emergency room)?

High doses of Benadryl, Tylenol, & Afrin caused severe dizziness & loss-of-balance reaction. I almost fell 3-4 times prior to calling my primary care physician.

But I owe it to the forum to get over my personal embarrassment in order to issue a WARNING to
everyone who has been following my protocol at this Testosterone topic/thread!

At least 15 hospital-and-personal doctors and nurses and medical technicians were involved in my case. They all said the same thing: if you Google and/or follow the drug manufacturers’ recommendations for Benadryl, Tylenol, and Afrin, THE STATED MAXIMUM DOSAGES ARE WAY TOO HIGH - - AND DANGEROUS - - FOR MANY PEOPLE!

This will not necessarily be true for everyone, but it certainly seems true for my age group (I’m age 75), according to many, many similar reports (complaints!) that the hospital doctors have seen from “ENT” physicians. Ear, Nose, Throat.

Another complicating factor in my case: history of cardiac artery disease, with 5-way bypass open heart surgery about 10 years ago.

So, everyone please be very careful if you are interested in following my POIS protocol. I also stopped temporarily my TRT increase regimen, even though it’s been approved by my new endocrinologist…because I experienced severe itching. Tonight I’m back to my lower dose of 6mg Androderm patch nightly.

I have decided to quit Benadryl & Afrin (Afrin is not for my POIS protocol) permanently! Not one medical practitioner had anything good to say about them. I also pointed out to the hospital medicos (and to this forum in previous posts) that Harvard Medical School studied Benadryl and found a link to dementia.

Stay safe, everyone!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 05:16:18 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #733 on: October 25, 2021, 04:05:12 PM »
I think this is worth re-posting.
With minor edits.
As they say, “it can’t hurt.”

I’m writing this from the hospital. Admitted to ER last night for “observation for ‘dizziness’ “, hope to be released soon…

Discharged yesterday.

I’m almost embarrassed to be writing this, but what landed me in the hospital ER (emergency room)?

High doses of Benadryl, Tylenol, & Afrin caused severe dizziness & loss-of-balance reaction. I almost fell 3-4 times prior to calling my primary care physician. His triage nurse told me to get to the ER ASAP.

But I owe it to the forum to get over my personal embarrassment in order to issue a WARNING to
everyone who has been following my protocol at this Testosterone topic/thread!

At least 15 hospital-and-personal doctors and nurses and medical technicians were involved in my case. They all said the same thing: if you Google and/or follow the drug manufacturers’ recommendations for Benadryl, Tylenol, and Afrin, THE STATED MAXIMUM DOSAGES ARE WAY TOO HIGH - - AND DANGEROUS - - FOR MANY PEOPLE!

This will not necessarily be true for everyone, but it certainly seems true for my age group (I’m age 75), according to many, many similar reports (complaints!) that the hospital doctors have seen from “ENT” physicians. Ear, Nose, Throat.

Another complicating factor in my case: history of cardiac artery disease, with 5-way bypass open heart surgery about 10 years ago.

So, everyone please be very careful if you are interested in following my POIS protocol. I also stopped temporarily my TRT increase regimen, even though it’s been approved by my new endocrinologist…because I experienced severe itching. Tonight I’m back to my lower dose of 6mg Androderm patches nightly.

After a lifetime of (over)use I have decided to quit Benadryl & Afrin (Afrin is not for my POIS protocol) permanently! Not one medical practitioner had anything good to say about them. I also pointed out to the hospital medicos (and to this forum in previous posts) that Harvard Medical School studied Benadryl and found a link to dementia.
https://tinyurl.com/54nbzaen

post-edit: With multiple-doctor consultation, I’m now taking Flonase (a once twice daily steroid) & a saline nasal spray (as needed)

Stay safe, everyone!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 05:28:57 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #734 on: October 28, 2021, 07:01:52 PM »

Sleep study last night [July 2, 2021].

As expected (this was my 2nd study), I showed
severe sleep apnea

Improved POIS symptom relief (took regular dose of 6mg testosterone & Tylenol PM - - includes 50mg Benadryl - - right before study)

Slept better than in YEARS. Mood lifted. Chronic fatigue lifted as well.

Resisted mask wearing for years. Now ready to wear it!!

Last night [October 11, 2021] was my
first night using a CPAP device at home - - before last night it was only done using CPAP  at an overnight medical laboratory sleep study.

In spite of solid medical advice & dire warnings that - - considering my severe condition of
sleep apnea - - I could die or suffer a stroke without CPAP breathing assistance, I still resisted it for the last 5 years (strictly a mental/psychological adjustment!)

I also witnessed - - once again - - a dramatic improvement in my current POIS symptoms (above and beyond my TRT/Benadryl/Tylenol routine).

Placebo effect? Time will tell.

It’s still working!

(Also resumed today my endocrinologist-approved higher dose TRT)

Thanks, Berlin1984 for your excellent advice about striking out the accurately-maligned frequent/heavy use Benadryl in all my posts! Starting here!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 06:56:44 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #735 on: December 31, 2021, 11:12:00 PM »

Testosterone decreases sharply after ejaculation, and it takes 2 to 3 days to rise up again…

Thank you! This validates my recent hypothesis that increasing my testosterone treatment to 16mg immediately at POIS onset offsets this sharp decrease. This is double my normal, every day dose. My treatment calls for testosterone patches applied every day, 365 days/year.

It works! (For me)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 04:48:38 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #736 on: January 25, 2022, 02:58:47 PM »

Has anyone tried this service? I’m thinking of calling them for
online endocrinology advice to supplement my periodic visits with my regular endocrinologist. My regular endo doesn’t understand POIS very well, so I feel that 2-endos-are-better-than-one! :)

Between my primary care physician, cardiologist, and endocrinologist, I’d like to get a better handle on how much testosterone (for POIS) is ***safe*** (I’m 75 years young - - with cardiac issues).

JustAnswer Endocrinology:
https://tinyurl.com/2p8seujy

I just texted them ($5). Very impressive beginning with a medical advisor texting me to clarify my question for the endocrinologist.

First thing I see is a “push” to upgrade me to a telephone call with the doctor for $50. I declined.

Then the doctor - - who only gives me his first name for ‘security reasons’ (“Dr. Adeel”) - - texted me with a “rushed” answer to my question. He gave me the starting dose of 4mg Androderm patch TRT/day. That was *NOT* my question, I told him so, and he got frustrated with 1) my asking for his surname & credentials and 2) my insisting on an answer to my REAL question.

He then disappeared. :)

So I asked for and got a refund for the $5.

Doctor #2 then texts me and asks me an intelligent follow up question. He is NOT an endocrinologist, but “internal medicine, deals with hypogonadism (my official diagnosis - - not POIS) on a daily basis.”

When I question his name (“The Good Dr.”) and credentials and I said I was told I’d be talking to an *Endocrinologist*, he also promptly disappeared! 

I followed up with Mr. Jeff Cavellini, their Customer Service guy, and he sent me a “canned” response to my concerns.

I am not suggesting that JustAnswer is useless, but be very prepared, diligent and insistent on what you want.

Not what they want!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 04:45:24 PM by demografx »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #737 on: January 25, 2022, 08:37:09 PM »

Has anyone tried this service? I’m thinking of calling them for
online endocrinology advice to supplement my periodic visits with my regular endocrinologist. My regular endo doesn’t understand POIS very well, so I feel that 2-endos-are-better-than-one! :)

Between my primary care physician, cardiologist, and endocrinologist, I’d like to get a better handle on how much testosterone (for POIS) is ***safe*** (I’m 75 years young - - with cardiac issues).

JustAnswer Endocrinology:
https://tinyurl.com/2p8seujy

I just texted them ($5). Very impressive beginning with a medical advisor texting me to clarify my question for the endocrinologist.

First thing I see is a “push” to upgrade me to a telephone call with the doctor for $50. I declined.

Then the doctor - - who only gives me his first name for ‘security reasons’ (“Dr. Adeel”) - - texted me with a “rushed” answer to my question. He gave me the starting dose of 4mg Androderm patch TRT/day. That was *NOT* my question, I told him so, and he got frustrated with 1) my asking for his surname & credentials and 2) my insisting on an answer to my REAL question.

He then disappeared. :)

So I asked for and got a refund for the $5.

Doctor #2 then texts me and asks me an intelligent follow up question. He is NOT an endocrinologist, but “internal medicine, deals with hypogonadism (my official diagnosis - - not POIS) on a daily basis.”

When I question his name (“The Good Dr.”) and credentials and I said I was told I’d be talking to an *Endocrinologist*, he also promptly disappeared! 

I followed up with Mr. Jeff Cavellini, their Customer Service guy, and he sent me a “canned” response to my concerns.

I am not suggesting that JustAnswer is useless, but be very prepared, diligent and insistent on what you want.

Not what they want!

Sounds like a scam to me... I would say that if a Doctor can charge you 100$ or 250$ for a short consultation, why would he lose his time talking to you on the phone for 50$ ?   Maybe a no-life Doctor....or a scammer...
You would receive a better answer by asking the pharmacist who fills your T script ( at least you know he is a real health professional)
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #738 on: January 25, 2022, 09:00:41 PM »

Sounds like a scam to me... I would say that if a Doctor can charge you 100$ or 250$ for a short consultation, why would he lose his time talking to you on the phone for 50$ ?   Maybe a no-life Doctor....or a scammer...
You would receive a better answer by asking the pharmacist who fills your T script ( at least you know he is a real health professional)

Thanks Quantum, I think the scam is not in the $50. My impression is that they want to push the patient into a $100 to $250 call. With a legit physician.

They’re just not super-forthcoming about it.

They “cut you off” with quick answers, quickly switching doctors (lower to higher sophistication) and probably nurse practitioners, too, hoping you’ll “keep the meter running” so you can get your question(s) answered.

They do list prestigious medical center physicians.

And I think your pharmacist idea is excellent! I was just curious about these guys.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 05:41:37 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #739 on: January 25, 2022, 09:22:37 PM »
almost all of the blood test of POISer have no any problems----vitamin mineral or hormone

How many POISer blood test results have you seen for their free testosterone levels?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 09:33:04 PM by demografx »