Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 354829 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Testosterone
« Reply #680 on: January 09, 2021, 02:49:50 AM »

Today is POIS Day Zero (POIS onset), and I didn’t take my usual dose of Benadryl to knock myself out to avoid experiencing early POIS symptoms. I simply
took 8mg TRT (high experimental dose testosterone patches) to counter early-POIS testosterone drop.

Instead of Benadryl I took 1,000mg of:

So far, so good! :)

This is NOT my endorsement or recommendation for anyone else with POIS to try! A good POIS treatment is between you and a trusted doctor. My preferred treatment can be unacceptably risky for many POISers.
Extra daytime SLEEP is still a great aid in POIS-healing for me. And Extra Strength Tylenol helped to facilitate that today. Better than Benadryl: Tylenol didn’t make me groggy!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

certainlypois2

« Reply #681 on: January 09, 2021, 08:14:28 PM »

Today is POIS Day Zero (POIS onset), and I didn’t take my usual dose of Benadryl to knock myself out to avoid experiencing early POIS symptoms. I simply
took 8mg TRT (high experimental dose testosterone patches) to counter early-POIS testosterone drop.

Instead of Benadryl I took 1,000mg of:

So far, so good! :)

This is NOT my endorsement or recommendation for anyone else with POIS to try! A good POIS treatment is between you and a trusted doctor. My preferred treatment can be unacceptably risky for many POISers.
Extra daytime SLEEP is still a great aid in POIS-healing for me. And Extra Strength Tylenol helped to facilitate that today. Better than Benadryl: Tylenol didn’t make me groggy!

what is the sleeping aid in tylenol

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #682 on: January 09, 2021, 09:12:06 PM »
No idea, CP2. But I think if there’s no pain to be treated, Tylenol then works that way. At least it does for me.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #683 on: January 09, 2021, 09:20:04 PM »
CP2, I googled it and saw this:

“Does Extra Strength Tylenol help you sleep?”

TYLENOL® PM Extra Strength Liquid is a pain reliever and sleep aid that helps you fall asleep fast for a better night's sleep. Provides 1,000 mg of acetaminophen & 50 mg of diphenhydramine HCI.

I noticed there’s diphenhydramine  in this product, which is the main ingredient in  Benadryl. I don’t take the PM product, so I am only getting the acetaminophen, which I assume has some sleep-aid benefit. For me. Again, it works that way for me, but others might not have the same result as mine.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:30:31 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #684 on: January 10, 2021, 03:21:47 PM »
CP2, from a little more of my googling:

“Acetaminophen helps to reduce fever and/or mild to moderate pain (such as headache, backache, aches/pains due to muscle strain, cold, or flu). The antihistamine in this product may cause drowsiness, and therefore it can also be used as a nighttime sleep aid.”

[italics mine]

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #685 on: January 10, 2021, 03:44:32 PM »
From tuning the brain:
Dynorphin antagonists already exist in the form of acetaminophen and mu-opioid agonists (Sandrini M et al., 2001), but they are hardly panaceas. High doses of acetaminophen raise brain 5-HT levels and inhibit the 5HT2A receptor (Srikiatkhachorn A et al., 1999). Acetaminophen is also a COX-3 antagonist.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #686 on: January 15, 2021, 11:10:40 PM »
Thanks, Muon

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #687 on: January 19, 2021, 06:53:19 PM »
Cross-posted from Free Flow Discussion
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=426.2325

My physical POIS symptoms are easier to describe than my cognitive POIS symptoms.

My physical symptoms: extreme exhaustion, dry fingertips

My cognitive symptoms:
the first day is usually the worst. My creative juices dry up. Nothing is exciting. I’m depressed, but in a way that’s difficult to describe. My emotions are flat. My decent sense of humor and my memory, concentration and my ability to smile, to appreciate beauty go right out the window. And the surreal symptom that’s most difficult to describe:

Just for clarification: Is this [your set of cognitive POIS symptoms] with or without your TRT usage? :-)

Both. With TRT/daytime sleep aids,  symptoms are drastically reduced. From suffering POIS agony for 4 days pre-TRT, to as little as hours today.

Pre-TRT, POIS symptom intensity was also far greater.

berlin1984, thanks, great question.

This is NOT my endorsement or recommendation for anyone else with POIS to try TRT! A good POIS treatment is between you and a trusted doctor. My preferred treatment can be unacceptably risky for many POISers.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #688 on: January 24, 2021, 04:42:29 PM »

I just saw this on an “impressive” looking
TV ad. Anyone know if this is potentially useful?

I’m sure it’s weak compared to TRT.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 02:35:10 AM by demografx »

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #689 on: January 25, 2021, 12:12:20 PM »

I just saw this on an “impressive” looking
TV ad. Anyone know if this is potentially useful?

This is the ingredient list: (see attachment)
All ingredients were mentioned already on the forum. I would say it's a good combo, but nothing new or magic.
The fenugreek extract method used seems to be optimized "for sexual function and hormones".

I would say this one plus Ashwagandha and eating more protein would be a good try for POISers who are totally new to supplementing. (Don't use it daily, use it maybe as pre-pack and post-pack).

EDIT: For the record, my Fenugreek extract says "seed extract with 50% Saponins"

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #690 on: January 26, 2021, 02:36:05 PM »
Thanks, berlin1984, for your review of Nugenix.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 02:38:52 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #691 on: February 04, 2021, 02:29:51 PM »

I have been singing Benadryl’s praises for a long time to induce FORCED DAYTIME SLEEP, which miraculously lets me sleep through some of the worst initial POIS symptoms.

But you should be aware of some risks, e.g.,
Benadryl’s increased dementia risk
in this Harvard Medical School article:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/common-anticholinergic-drugs-like-benadryl-linked-increased-dementia-risk-201501287667

After years of use/abuse, I’m now trying to
GET OFF BENADRYL.

Bad cognitive side effects...getting worse!

Sigh...I just took 50mg. Can’t seem to break the habit of taking this very effective
early-POIS-onset sleep-inducer (it’s now Thursday 11:28am).

Wish me luck!
;D ;D ;D

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 03:47:49 AM by demografx »

BoneBroth

« Reply #692 on: February 27, 2021, 05:15:33 AM »
I'm a frequent leg-crosser, and when I think about it, that might not be so good for testosterone production. Please do my man-spread-poll here!

certainlypois2

« Reply #693 on: March 30, 2021, 04:12:43 PM »
Testosterone serum 303           264-916 ng/dl
Free Testosterone     18.2         8.7-25.1 pg/ml

My testosterone is on the lower side of normal, doctor is going to let me try testosterone.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #694 on: March 30, 2021, 05:43:45 PM »
Testosterone serum 303           264-916 ng/dl
Free Testosterone     18.2         8.7-25.1 pg/ml

My testosterone is on the lower side of normal, doctor is going to let me try testosterone.

Good luck, CP2!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #695 on: March 30, 2021, 07:40:41 PM »
My last test shows low testosterone. My feeling is it stems from too many POIS episodes recently, but my new endocrinologist disagrees that testosterone drops after O.

Does anyone have a source to cite that testosterone does in fact drop after sex?

Also, my adrenal glands are producing way too much aldosterone hormone, causing high blood pressure and possibly affecting testosterone. Surgery not recommended at my age so will try a sprironalactone-alternative, but I’m not thrilled because I fainted several times with spironalactone. Endocrinologist doesn’t like my increasing testosterone when POIS strikes, but is referring me to a urologist for a 2nd POIS opinion for increasing TRT when POIS begins. I mentioned to endo that I’m disappointed with my last 3 urologists’ willingness/ability to understand POIS. “Top” big city urologists, but that no longer impresses me. Members here know more! :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 11:41:11 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #696 on: April 13, 2021, 06:18:26 PM »
Just slept 17 hours (along with my TRT/Benadryl/Tylenol protocol above) to cut POIS recovery time.

2nd time I’ve done this. Seems to work.

90% POIS-free this way.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 01:33:38 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #697 on: April 16, 2021, 08:27:29 PM »
My last test shows low testosterone. My feeling is it stems from too many POIS episodes recently, but my new endocrinologist disagrees that testosterone drops after O.

Does anyone have a source to cite that testosterone does in fact drop after sex?

Also, my adrenal glands are producing way too much aldosterone hormone, causing high blood pressure and possibly affecting testosterone. Surgery not recommended at my age so will try a sprironalactone-alternative, but I’m not thrilled because I fainted several times with spironalactone. Endocrinologist doesn’t like my increasing testosterone when POIS strikes, but is referring me to a urologist for a 2nd POIS opinion for increasing TRT when POIS begins. I mentioned to endo that I’m disappointed with my last 3 urologists’ willingness/ability to understand POIS. “Top” big city urologists, but that no longer impresses me. Members here know more! :)

I won the battle! My endocrinologist just now approved 3 patches a day (6mg) - - up from 2/day.

Hoping insurance covers.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #698 on: April 16, 2021, 09:09:14 PM »

I had two O’s yesterday and was feeling pretty bad when we texted. I think I was mad that I have no will power. I increased the amount of HCG I normally take. I felt pretty good today. About 80%. HCG is the best thing I’ve used to help with the bad effects of POIS.

Better than testosterone

For me

POISers should first check out
the risk factors with HCG!

Ask your doctor
Demo
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 09:50:04 PM by demografx »

joelawerence

« Reply #699 on: April 17, 2021, 05:45:07 AM »
I am one of the firmest believer of Testosterone being reduced after my orgasm, Demo. I have also posted about it before that my testosterone was in a very low state but have managed to lose 20 kilos through Exercise and Diet and have got my testosterone up naturally to a Low Normal state. This has resulted in more manageable POIS episodes for me which are probably 50% reduced in both severity and duration.

I haven't tried TRT due to my age of mid-30s and also trying for kids. So this 50% reduction with just a healthy lifestyle is the best I can hope for now. I am hoping to start a bit more exercising to see if make more difference.

There is also a bit of Chicken and Egg scenario here. Is the Low Testosterone causing POIS or is POIS causing Testosterone to become low  ???
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 05:50:23 AM by joelawerence »
33 years old, POIS for around 12 years with increasing severity.
Major symptoms - Severe fatigue, back pain, unrefreshed even after 9+ hours sleep, pain behind eyes, very dry face, bald head with inflamed scalp, digestion issues and constipation. Very low testosterone and high glucose in blood tests