Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 196533 times)

Vandemolen

Re: Testosterone
« Reply #615 on: October 22, 2020, 06:22:02 AM »
 I could not find a topic about Benadryl. But I also ordered it. It is not available in The Netherlands, so it has to be shipped. How do you use Benadryl? Do you take before or after O.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #616 on: October 22, 2020, 07:35:19 AM »
This one should have less side effects than benadryl Demo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupatadine

It also is anti-PAF and inhibits TNF-alpha from mast cells. Not sure if it is available in the USA.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #617 on: October 22, 2020, 02:02:16 PM »
Thanks, Muon!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #618 on: October 22, 2020, 02:08:30 PM »
I could not find a topic about Benadryl. But I also ordered it. It is not available in The Netherlands, so it has to be shipped. How do you use Benadryl? Do you take before or after O.
Van, when my POIS begins, I take Benadryl only to FORCE EXTRA SLEEP. I feel the more that I can sleep (DAYTIME as well as night), the faster my POIS symptoms are healed. If you read through my last posts here about Benadryl in this thread, you will better see what I mean.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 12:35:37 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #619 on: October 22, 2020, 02:59:35 PM »

My new POIS treatment!
(Actually it’s my old treatment minus the TRT)

“Extra” sleep works for me and Benadryl does the job in my case.

Don’t worry, Quantum, I’ll follow the 3-week rule! ;D ;D

FIRST TRIAL RESULT
Today is Day 2 (POIS begins on “Day Zero”) and I feel as good as I had been before, but WITHOUT TRT! Maybe my body/mind has been “trained” after 10 years of 365 days/year TRT usage?

Or is it a placebo effect?

Time will tell :)

Meanwhile...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 06:03:40 PM by demografx »

Vandemolen

« Reply #620 on: October 22, 2020, 06:39:51 PM »
Yes I also feel better after a good sleep or a nap. Sometimes I am awake after only 4 hours of sleep. Before I would stay in bed. But now I get out. Have breakfast and after an hour I take a nap.

I tried Rupatadine last year but it did not do anything.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #621 on: October 22, 2020, 07:00:54 PM »

Ok good to know.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #622 on: October 22, 2020, 10:22:48 PM »

Thanks, Van

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #623 on: October 23, 2020, 12:23:53 AM »

I ordered Benadryl.

Van, this cautionary message is not for you, because I’m sure you understand the caveats. This is for other forum members, including newcomers:

1. I am not recommending Benadryl to anyone, I am simply sharing my own personal experience (everyone is different), after 10 years of combined TRT & Benadryl usage.

2. If you do decide to try it as “off-label usage” as I do (mostly for forcing extra sleep), please do not exceed the recommended dosage on the packaging.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 02:59:46 PM by demografx »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #624 on: October 23, 2020, 06:51:43 AM »
The only antihistamine that had a minor positive effect on me was a first generation antihistamine. Tried 3 other antihistamines but those were second generation and didn't do anything. First generation penetrates the blood brain barrier. I think people should at least try both generations before discarding antihistamines.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #625 on: October 23, 2020, 07:31:34 AM »
Muon,
Were you using antihistamines for sleep induction or for direct treatment of POIS symptoms?

My entire discussion is about sleep induction.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 07:34:27 AM by demografx »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #626 on: October 23, 2020, 07:34:21 AM »
Muon,
Were you using antihistamines for sleep induction or for direct treatment of POIS symptoms?

My entire discussion is about sleep induction. [Edited/added this line at same time as Muon reply was posted - Demo]

Direct treatment for POIS. But I just noticed this week that the only antihistamine that had an effect was first generation.

Edit: Does benadryl work when you avoid sleep, like skip naps during the day while on benadryl?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 07:49:07 AM by Muon »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #627 on: October 23, 2020, 08:03:09 AM »

Does benadryl work when you avoid sleep, like skip naps during the day while on benadryl?

If I can’t sleep, Benadryl has a mild calming effect, thereby helping my POIS-induced anxiety.

My goal, however, is to only take Benadryl for (“extra”) sleep induction.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:10:58 AM by demografx »

G

« Reply #628 on: October 26, 2020, 10:52:27 AM »
Hi all,
I like to tell you about my experience with testosteron-gel.
I suffer from POIS for 7 years now. my problems started after (I don't know if it is because if that) using Finasteride, and a long long time of chronic stress. Also sleeping problems and depression were there all those 7 years.

we measured T levels multiple times and they are always somewhere halfway the ref. values.

Even when the values were good, I asked to give it a try... now its 3 weeks after starting with the gel and al my weird problems are gone.
I feel energetic and motivated, my sleep is way better, my mind more clear and no feelings of depression anymore! POIS is gone for lets say 85% and especially the brainfog is almost totally gone! this is really insane.

G from the Netherlands.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 03:27:26 PM by demografx »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #629 on: October 26, 2020, 11:12:52 AM »
we measured T levels multiple times and they are always somewhere halfway the ref. values.

Which of the following have you measured and what were the values?
Total Testosterone
SHBG
Free Testosterone

Edit: The reason I ask this is because Total T can be normal but free T low. Demo and some others already had a suspicion that TRT might help people with normal T levels.

I suffer from POIS for 7 years now. my problems started after (I don't know if it is because if that) using Finasteride, and a long long time of chronic stress. Also sleeping problems and depression were there all those 7 years.

Stress prior to the development of POIS...again. I have seen this so many times now, I have stopped tracking these. Bassett (2020) also reported this in literature.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 12:40:17 PM by Muon »