Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 344455 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Testosterone
« Reply #320 on: April 04, 2019, 06:15:46 PM »
I think doctors here follow a similar pattern. Only prescribed when deemed “insufficient”.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Vandemolen

« Reply #321 on: April 05, 2019, 10:07:58 AM »
At a new bloodtest my testosterone came out low again. I have out of POIS a few testosterone shortage symptoms:
Painful joints
Low back pain
Hair loss
Feeling tired
Insomnia. I wake up after four hours and can not fall asleep again.
Feeling depressed
Hot flushes
Sweating

Other symptoms:
Back and neck warm. Left foot too.
Feeling cold. Cold feet and hands.
No appetite
Lost five kilos in four weeks
Rash on chest and back.
Dry mouth and dry skin.
Headache.
Stinky urine

Are these symptoms familiar to men who had or have low testosterone?

My testosterone is 9. I read on the website of a Dutch hospital that their policy is to give patients who have a level between 8 and 12 3 months of testosterone. And men below 8 will get testosterone their whole live. Does this mean that your body is able to produce testosterone when you take it only for 3 months? I always thought that when you take TRT once you have to take it your whole life.
Maybe all these problems are not real? Maybe it is just mental, psychological problems? One thing is sure, I am depressed after almost 6 months in a POIS like episode. For me this is much worse than POIS.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Vandemolen

« Reply #322 on: April 07, 2019, 06:19:26 AM »
I read on a Dutch website that people with anxiety get low testosterone. And anxiety and depression is treated with TRT. Is it that POIS-patients get anxiety and feeling depressed because of POIS? Or do you have to be a man with anxiety to get POIS? Of course there members here who do not have low testosterone. And I am not saying that anxiety is the only reason of POIS. But it could be a part of the problem. The problem with anxiety is that you do not know you have it. 3 years ago I started sweating when sitting in the car. I thought it was a hormonal problem or it has to do with POIS. But now I rembered that 3 years ago I had a car accident while I was on holiday. I was not injured, but it was a very stressfull situation. The other driver had a very expensive car and looked like a ganster. His car was damaged and it was my fault. Maybe that is the reason why I sweat when sitting in the car and when I lean back on the bench at home? And all the symptoms I mentioned above are psychological? Then maybe TRT might help me.

Because I used a lot antibiotics I thought antibiotics lowers testosterone, but it does not. Sometimes they found something in my urine to confirm it is UTI, but most times the urine was clean. I thought it was prostatitis, but maybe I just felt bad because of low testosterone?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC172780/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 08:41:19 AM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Vandemolen

« Reply #323 on: April 08, 2019, 06:04:31 AM »
I blame myself why I did not eat meat just because I did not like it. Then my testosterone would be higher. I do not know if that could have prevented for getting POIS, but at least I would feel better out of POIS. To be honest I never felt a lot of joy. Since I was a kid I was feeling down. I also had two major accidents when I was a kid. If I could turn back time I would eat a lot of meat and never giving up sports.

Vandemolen

« Reply #324 on: April 09, 2019, 03:35:57 PM »
Other symptoms conncected with low testosterone:
Having an ejaculation without orgasm (sometimes it has to do with the mind)
Weaker erection

certainlypois2

« Reply #325 on: April 09, 2019, 04:22:54 PM »
Other symptoms conncected with low testosterone:
Having an ejaculation without orgasm (sometimes it has to do with the mind)
Weaker erection
It partly explains why you can go so long without ejaculation.

certainlypois2

« Reply #326 on: April 09, 2019, 04:24:08 PM »
I blame myself why I did not eat meat just because I did not like it. Then my testosterone would be higher. I do not know if that could have prevented for getting POIS, but at least I would feel better out of POIS. To be honest I never felt a lot of joy. Since I was a kid I was feeling down. I also had two major accidents when I was a kid. If I could turn back time I would eat a lot of meat and never giving up sports.
Have you asked your doctor how you can increase testosterone without eating meat. Why don't you like meat.

Vandemolen

« Reply #327 on: April 09, 2019, 05:43:06 PM »
I just do not like meat. I start eating meat again a few years ago. But not often. I know that eating almonds and olives are good. And doing sports. But in my state even when I having a short walk of 30 minutes I get hot flushes. In 2010 I went to the urologist because most of the times I could not have orgasms. My testosterone was 11. A bit too low, but the doctor said it was not the reason for not having O’s. He said maybe it could be psychological. Back then I did not knew POIS. Back then I did not want TRT. But now POiS is not my biggest problem. I have health issues out of POIS. Next week I will see an internist. I hope that I can try Androgel for 2 weeks and see if the hot flushes and other problems go away. I can buy it now online, but I want the advice of a doctor first. And prescribed Androgel is covered by my health insurrance.

Yes my erections are also weaker compared to 20 years ago. But I also developed tricks to delay the ejeculation. When I knew I had POiS (summer 2010) I knew I could not have so much sexual activity’s. I went from a few times a week to 2 times a month. So when I did it I did not wanted to end, so I delayed the ejaculation. Because I knew I had to wait at least two weeks for the next time. The last two years I had maybe 10 times sex. Because of prostate problems and the use of antibiotics. I also avoided looking at sex scenes in regular movies and series. Maybe that is also a reason why my testosterone went down so quick. From 11 in 2017 to 9 in 2019.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 05:45:45 PM by Vandemolen »

b_jim

« Reply #328 on: April 10, 2019, 11:05:33 AM »
It seems I can decrease/increase Pois flu-like or inflammatory symptoms with diet.
But when I don't take taurine I feel low energy, lethargic. Is taurine influence my T ?
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

certainlypois2

« Reply #329 on: April 10, 2019, 01:16:02 PM »
It seems I can decrease/increase Pois flu-like or inflammatory symptoms with diet.
But when I don't take taurine I feel low energy, lethargic. Is taurine influence my T ?
The last time i took taurine, i swear it increased my libido.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #330 on: April 11, 2019, 06:31:54 PM »

The last time i took taurine, i swear it increased my libido.

This study shows taurine increases testosterone...but they don’t know how.

Taurine enhances the sexual response and mating ability in aged male rats.
Yang J, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013.
Show full citation
Abstract
It has been demonstrated that taurine is abundant in male reproductive organs, and can be biosynthesized by testis, but the taurine concentration will reduce with aging. The levels of serum LH, T, NOS, and NO were found to be obviously increased by taurine supplementation in aged rats in our previous study. In addition, aging will result in a significant decline in sexual response and function, which may be attributed to the androgen deficiency. Furthermore, NO has been proposed as a crucial mediator of penile erection. That makes us hypothesize that there is potential relationship between taurine decline and erection dysfunction in aged males. So the primary aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of taurine on male sexuality in rats. Taurine was offered in water to male aged (20 months old) rats for 110 days. The effects of taurine on the sexual response, mating ability, levels of serum reproductive hormones, and penile NOS and NO levels were investigated. The results showed that taurine can significantly reduce the EL and ML; obviously increase the ERF, MF, IF, and EJF; stimulate the secretion of GnRH, LH, and T; and elevate penis NOS and NO level in aged rats. The results indicated that taurine can enhance the sexual response and mating ability in aged male rats by increasing the level of testosterone and NO, but the exact mechanism of which needs to be further investigated.

PMID 23392896 [Indexed for MEDLINE]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 01:59:10 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #331 on: April 11, 2019, 07:47:36 PM »
Nitric Oxide (NO) connection is interesting. That’s been discussed here for 10 years!

b_jim

« Reply #332 on: April 12, 2019, 01:18:25 PM »
Thanks a lot !
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #333 on: April 12, 2019, 01:34:46 PM »
b_jim, feel free to put my post in the Taurine thread also! You can do it or if you want me to post it there, just let me know :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2019, 04:46:05 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #335 on: April 15, 2019, 06:37:24 PM »

Review Article | Published: 27 March 2019

What are the benefits and harms of testosterone therapy for male sexual dysfunction?—a systematic review
Konstantinos Dimitropoulos, Paolo Verze, […]Gert Dohle

International Journal of Impotence Research (2019)

Abstract

The role of Testosterone Therapy (TTh) in the management of male sexual dysfunction remains unclear. Objective of the authors was to systematically review the relevant literature assessing the benefits and harms of TTh in men with sexual dysfunction. EMBASE, MEDLINE, Cochrane Systematic Reviews—Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) (Cochrane HTA, DARE, HEED), Google Scholar, WHO international Clinical Trials Registry Platform Search Portal, CINAHL databases and clinicaltrial.gov were searched systematically in March 2015 and an updated search was performed in March 2016. Randomized and non-randomized comparative studies assessing the benefits and harms of TTh in hypogonadal, borderline eugonadal and eugonadal men suffering from sexual dysfunction were included. Risk of bias and confounding assessments were performed. A narrative synthesis was undertaken. Of the 6410 abstracts identified, 36 studies were judged to be eligible for inclusion, including 25 randomized clinical trials (RCTs) and 11 non-randomized comparative studies (NRCSs), recruiting a total of 4944 patients. RCTs were judged to have low or unclear risk of bias, while NRCSs had high risk of bias and thus, overall quality of evidence was judged to be at least unclear. Based on the evidence mainly provided by the RCTs included in this systematic review, TTh could be considered for men with low or low-normal testosterone levels and problems with their sexual desire, erectile function and satisfaction derived from intercourse and overall sexual life. The exact testosterone formulation, dosage and duration of treatment remain to be clarified, while the safety profile of TTh also remains unclear. TTh could be used with caution in hypogonadal and most probably borderline eugonadal men to manage disorders of sexual desire, erectile function and sexual satisfaction. The overall low-to-moderate evidence quality highlights the need for robust and adequately designed clinical trials.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:41:15 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2019, 11:34:16 PM »
It’s Day Zero and I’m (90%) POIS-free.

Why?

Extra testosterone

• Aleve & rest

Very stressful but very successful stage performance last night

• [Exra Benadryl for conking out daytime] <<<[from earlier posts]

It was the 3rd item that pushed me over the edge. (Positive edge :) )

For those of you following my crazy routine at POIS onset, I stopped the extra TRT, Benadryl & Aleve. Why? Too darn groggy. I now just take short naps. End result is a little more POIS - - but at least I’m a little more “human”.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #337 on: April 18, 2019, 09:58:54 AM »
It’s Day Zero and I’m (90%) POIS-free.
We can hardly call it 90% when groggy, loopy and “out of it” from too much sleep and drugs!

Therefore, I’m sticking to the much simpler solution (what I said directly above this post).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:00:32 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: April 22, 2019, 09:03:09 PM »
I lied. :)

I went back to extra TRT & Benadryl & Aleve today, Day Zero.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #339 on: April 22, 2019, 10:29:02 PM »
And extra naps :)