Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2019, 01:13:35 PM

:    
NEW !!!
2019 POIS Survey from Tulane Team !
#####   Click here for the link !   #####
By filling it out, you are helping POIS research,
so you are helping yourself too !
Please take a few minutes to fill it !!!
25808 1975 847
: OpiesDad
+  Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
|-+  POIS Cause/Treatment Discussions
| |-+  Hormonal Causes and Treatments
| | |-+  Testosterone
« previous next »
: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27
: Testosterone  ( 142992 )
demografx
Administrator
: 4202

« #330 : April 11, 2019, 06:31:54 PM »

It seems I can decrease/increase Pois flu-like or inflammatory symptoms with diet.
But when I don't take taurine I feel low energy, lethargic. Is taurine influence my T ?
The last time i took taurine, i swear it increased my libido.

This study shows taurine increases testosterone...but they don’t know how.

Taurine enhances the sexual response and mating ability in aged male rats.
Yang J, et al. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013.
Show full citation
Abstract
It has been demonstrated that taurine is abundant in male reproductive organs, and can be biosynthesized by testis, but the taurine concentration will reduce with aging. The levels of serum LH, T, NOS, and NO were found to be obviously increased by taurine supplementation in aged rats in our previous study. In addition, aging will result in a significant decline in sexual response and function, which may be attributed to the androgen deficiency. Furthermore, NO has been proposed as a crucial mediator of penile erection. That makes us hypothesize that there is potential relationship between taurine decline and erection dysfunction in aged males. So the primary aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of taurine on male sexuality in rats. Taurine was offered in water to male aged (20 months old) rats for 110 days. The effects of taurine on the sexual response, mating ability, levels of serum reproductive hormones, and penile NOS and NO levels were investigated. The results showed that taurine can significantly reduce the EL and ML; obviously increase the ERF, MF, IF, and EJF; stimulate the secretion of GnRH, LH, and T; and elevate penis NOS and NO level in aged rats. The results indicated that taurine can enhance the sexual response and mating ability in aged male rats by increasing the level of testosterone and NO, but the exact mechanism of which needs to be further investigated.

PMID 23392896 [Indexed for MEDLINE]
« : April 12, 2019, 01:59:10 PM demografx »

10 years of major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.
demografx
Administrator

« #331 : April 11, 2019, 07:47:36 PM »

Nitric Oxide (NO) connection is interesting. That’s been discussed here for 10 years!

10 years of major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.
b_jim
: 920

« #332 : April 12, 2019, 01:18:25 PM »

Thanks a lot !

Taurine = Anti-Pois
demografx
Administrator

« #333 : April 12, 2019, 01:34:46 PM »

b_jim, feel free to put my post in the Taurine thread also! You can do it or if you want me to post it there, just let me know :)

demografx
Administrator

« #334 : April 13, 2019, 04:46:05 PM »

Thanks a lot !
Welcome!

demografx
Administrator

« #335 : April 15, 2019, 06:37:24 PM »

Review Article | Published: 27 March 2019

What are the benefits and harms of testosterone therapy for male sexual dysfunction?—a systematic review
Konstantinos Dimitropoulos, Paolo Verze, […]Gert Dohle

International Journal of Impotence Research (2019)

Abstract

The role of Testosterone Therapy (TTh) in the management of male sexual dysfunction remains unclear. Objective of the authors was to systematically review the relevant literature assessing the benefits and harms of TTh in men with sexual dysfunction. EMBASE, MEDLINE, Cochrane Systematic Reviews—Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) (Cochrane HTA, DARE, HEED), Google Scholar, WHO international Clinical Trials Registry Platform Search Portal, CINAHL databases and clinicaltrial.gov were searched systematically in March 2015 and an updated search was performed in March 2016. Randomized and non-randomized comparative studies assessing the benefits and harms of TTh in hypogonadal, borderline eugonadal and eugonadal men suffering from sexual dysfunction were included. Risk of bias and confounding assessments were performed. A narrative synthesis was undertaken. Of the 6410 abstracts identified, 36 studies were judged to be eligible for inclusion, including 25 randomized clinical trials (RCTs) and 11 non-randomized comparative studies (NRCSs), recruiting a total of 4944 patients. RCTs were judged to have low or unclear risk of bias, while NRCSs had high risk of bias and thus, overall quality of evidence was judged to be at least unclear. Based on the evidence mainly provided by the RCTs included in this systematic review, TTh could be considered for men with low or low-normal testosterone levels and problems with their sexual desire, erectile function and satisfaction derived from intercourse and overall sexual life. The exact testosterone formulation, dosage and duration of treatment remain to be clarified, while the safety profile of TTh also remains unclear. TTh could be used with caution in hypogonadal and most probably borderline eugonadal men to manage disorders of sexual desire, erectile function and sexual satisfaction. The overall low-to-moderate evidence quality highlights the need for robust and adequately designed clinical trials.
« : April 15, 2019, 06:41:15 PM demografx »

demografx
Administrator

« #336 : April 17, 2019, 11:34:16 PM »

It’s Day Zero and I’m (90%) POIS-free.

Why?

Extra testosterone

• Aleve & rest

Very stressful but very successful stage performance last night

• [Exra Benadryl for conking out daytime] <<<[from earlier posts]

It was the 3rd item that pushed me over the edge. (Positive edge :) )

For those of you following my crazy routine at POIS onset, I stopped the extra TRT, Benadryl & Aleve. Why? Too darn groggy. I now just take short naps. End result is a little more POIS - - but at least I’m a little more “human”.

demografx
Administrator

« #337 : April 18, 2019, 09:58:54 AM »

We can hardly call it 90% when groggy, loopy and “out of it” from too much sleep and drugs!

Therefore, I’m sticking to the much simpler solution (what I said directly above this post).
« : April 18, 2019, 10:00:32 AM demografx »

demografx
Administrator

« #338 : April 22, 2019, 09:03:09 PM »

I lied. :)

I went back to extra TRT & Benadryl & Aleve today, Day Zero.

demografx
Administrator

« #339 : April 22, 2019, 10:29:02 PM »

And extra naps :)

demografx
Administrator

« #340 : April 24, 2019, 05:20:40 PM »

We can hardly call it 90% when groggy, loopy and “out of it” from too much sleep and drugs!

Therefore, I’m sticking to the much simpler solution (what I said directly above this post).

This time around I once again chose the groggy-loopy-out-of-it existence.

I prefer that to even MILD POIS symptoms!

Best wishes to all,
Demo

demografx
Administrator

« #341 : April 25, 2019, 09:20:11 PM »

Today is Day 3 (POIS starts for me on “Day Zero”) and I’m POIS-free but still groggy from all the extra meds & sleep.

I’m writing this to remind myself next time to *carefully* evaluate all the “extras” vs. just living with a little more POIS.

Demo
Still Experimenting!
« : April 25, 2019, 11:07:25 PM demografx »

joelawerence
: 84

« #342 : April 26, 2019, 03:50:48 AM »

Today is Day 3 (POIS starts for me on “Day Zero”) and I’m POIS-free but still groggy from all the extra meds & sleep.

I’m writing this to remind myself next time to *carefully* evaluate all the “extras” vs. just living with a little more POIS.

Demo
Still Experimenting!

Hi Demo, exactly! No matter what medicine it will have some side effects, so keeping it to a minimum or right level is always advisable. So I would advise, stay with your recommended dosage and not take extra meds. Go for the extra sleep by all means :)

33 years old, POIS for around 12 years with increasing severity.
Major symptoms - Severe fatigue, back pain, unrefreshed even after 9+ hours sleep, pain behind eyes, very dry face, bald head with inflamed scalp, digestion issues and constipation. Very low testosterone and high glucose in blood tests
demografx
Administrator

« #343 : April 26, 2019, 09:45:18 AM »

joelawerence, thank you very much! I really appreciate that confirmation.

The extra sleep has been induced by Benadryl plus NSAIDS (Aleve), and they have side effects, too.

Plus, even if I forced extra sleep without drugs, the added grogginess is still not worth it.

So, I’m gonna try to live-with-a-little-more-POIS!

This is one reason I’m personally in favor of trying COLM_2’s non-drug Vagus Nerve Stimulation approach. After all, this POIS treatment approach was hypothesized by one of the world’s leading authorities in Orgasm Research, Dr Barry Komisaruk!
« : April 26, 2019, 11:53:07 AM demografx »

demografx
Administrator

« #344 : April 27, 2019, 10:31:22 AM »

I think TRT can benefit SOME poisers with normal testosterone levels. This needs to be tested under controlled conditions.

From another thread:

I  convinced my first urologist about POIS and he gave me [testosterone] injections.

Here’s the full story. Many years ago, desperate about my POIS, I made many contacts, sex experts on Larry King Live, etc. at that time, and I contacted a Czech sexologist, Dr Petr Weiss, by telephone, about my POIS and he seemed to know EXACTLY what was wrong with me! He said, he actually thundered over the phone :) “You need testosterone!” I thought, ‘is this guy a quack?’ (He didn’t ask about my T-levels!) but...I was desperate...so I went to my urologist, and I had normal T-levels (the lab also mis-labeled me as female!!) but I said to him (the urologist), “Look, I know all about POIS! (I had the confidence instilled in me by Dr Weiss) And I...need...testosterone!!”. So he gave me injections. At first they helped but then stopped working. A few years later (2008), this forum convinced me POIS was a hormonal issue, and a Harvard PhD. biochemist friend who pioneered some AIDS treatments, convinced me that I should see a University-based endocrinologist (he said universities are more research oriented and might be more sympathetic to the poorly-understood POIS). So I did that, had a full range of hormone tests done, plus a brain scan, and was tested with low-FREE-T, diagnosed with hypogonadism, and was convinced to use testosterone patches or cream - not injections - because they are more in sync with the way the body naturally manufactures testosterone, on a smoother 24/7 basis rather than “spiking” in and out of the system, which is what injections do, according to this endo. You can read the rest of my profile story below :)
« : April 29, 2019, 12:34:40 AM demografx »

: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27  
« previous next »
: