Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 344447 times)

Pflug

Re: Testosterone
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2015, 11:05:50 PM »
Demo,
I really appreciate the detailed response. It might be a struggle as I do not have low testosterone levels. Like many, my biggest symptom is extreme fatigue. I thought if I raised my T levels higher it might help. Do you feel uncomfortable giving me your Doctor's name? I thought he might be more sympathetic than someone off the street. A doctor at Kaiser looked at me like I was a head case when I explained POIS to him. Thanks
Complete loss of focus, extreme fatigue, sweating, nasal irritation, joint pain, headaches and depression. Takes a full week to feel normal again. Hiding from life. Praying for a cure.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2015, 11:14:51 PM »
I had my total testosterone checked about five hours post O, and it came back low at 320. I had the same test done when I was symptom free eleven days post O, and it was even lower at 260. What this all means, I am not sure yet.

I think "free testosterone" is more important than total T, but measure both (see my recent readings on the previous page). Some info on free T:
http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=167&ContentID=testosterone_free
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2015, 11:17:42 PM »
Demo,
I really appreciate the detailed response. It might be a struggle as I do not have low testosterone levels. Like many, my biggest symptom is extreme fatigue. I thought if I raised my T levels higher it might help. Do you feel uncomfortable giving me your Doctor's name? I thought he might be more sympathetic than someone off the street. A doctor at Kaiser looked at me like I was a head case when I explained POIS to him. Thanks

My biggest problem was also extreme fatigue.

I think your reasoning is solid but risky...just like mine! ????

I'll send you a PM.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Pflug

« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2015, 11:31:04 PM »
Thank you. This sounds really bad but I would rather take T and live the next 15 years symptom free than live 30 more years (without T) in my current state. I can't imagine being more miserable than I am now. Thanks for your support
Complete loss of focus, extreme fatigue, sweating, nasal irritation, joint pain, headaches and depression. Takes a full week to feel normal again. Hiding from life. Praying for a cure.

Pflug

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2015, 11:38:44 PM »
Demo,
I got your message. Can't thank you enough. Everybody speaks so highly of you on the POIS website. Now I know why. Thanks again.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2015, 12:02:05 AM »
You're most welcome!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2015, 11:25:22 AM »

TRT -- as Stef maintains -- has...risks! (e.g., I lost my sperm count -- prolly due to high TRT ).

edit:
Risks can include many possibilities, per Stef (RN) "including ...life-threatening risks (cardiac and liver toxicity are 2 examples)"

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:12:37 PM by demografx »

Twp06242014

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2015, 10:21:05 PM »
I had a testosterone bloodwork done a few weeks ago.  My doctor has not yet said anything about it even during a recent followup.  I called to ask the nurse what the results were.  She said it was 385 testosterone and 8 free testosterone.  Are these normal for a 26 year old, or are they on the low end, or are they flat out unacceptable?

They had me do the test around 9 am (VERY EARLY FOR ME) as I normally wake up around noon.  I also had ejaculated about 8 hours prior to the test since I figured that would show my symptoms.  I felt somewhat tired and fatigued at the time of the test early in the morning.

Any advise on my results is appreciated

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2015, 10:20:00 PM »
I had a testosterone bloodwork done a few weeks ago.  My doctor has not yet said anything about it even during a recent followup.  I called to ask the nurse what the results were.  She said it was 385 testosterone and 8 free testosterone.  Are these normal for a 26 year old, or are they on the low end, or are they flat out unacceptable?

They had me do the test around 9 am (VERY EARLY FOR ME) as I normally wake up around noon.  I also had ejaculated about 8 hours prior to the test since I figured that would show my symptoms.  I felt somewhat tired and fatigued at the time of the test early in the morning.

Any advise on my results is appreciated

These are my last results with daily intake of 4-8mg Androderm via testosterone patches. Try to work with an endocrinologist. I don't feel qualified to advise you any more than that. I'm also much older than you. Best wishes!

Actual readings:

Component                   Value               Range

Testosterone, total           806                 250 - 1100 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free          201.3  *           35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL

*level too high

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:23:49 PM by demografx »

vinred

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2015, 12:04:57 AM »
Hi,

My Testosterone Levels on 8/8/13.
Testosterone Total - 237,  (Normal range is 160 - 728 ng/dL)
Testosterone Free - 0.243 (normal range/measurement unit was not listed in my results)

My Urologists said they are in the normal range and there is no need to take any steroids to increase the Testosterone.
I am having problems with erections and my libdo from past 6 - 12 months seems to be reducing/low.

I am planning to visit a doctor (general Physician/Internal Medicine) in couple of weeks or so and get my Testosterone levels checked again and will post how the results looks like.

I have a question...are the Testosterone supplements that you find over the counter (I saw Weider Prime [ http://www.weiderprime.com/ ] Testosterone Support for men,  in COSTCO in it's northern California stores) any useful? has any one tried that kind of supplements before? If so, I would like to hear your experiences please.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2015, 12:46:53 AM »

I have a question...are the Testosterone supplements that you find over the counter (I saw Weider Prime [ http://www.weiderprime.com/ ] Testosterone Support for men,  in COSTCO in it's northern California stores) any useful? has any one tried that kind of supplements before? If so, I would like to hear your experiences please.

I would be very suspicious. I've been a TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) user for POIS for several years now, and adhere strictly to my endocrinologist's and my GP's advice. Best wishes,
Demo

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:52:08 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2015, 04:31:37 PM »
Just an update: suddenly, my insurance is arguing with my GP over whether or not they will cover his testosterone-recommended Rx for my POIS.

They want $480 if I pay out of pocket ! Box of 30, pharmacy won't break open a box to just give me a few days' worth. And according to doc, there are no withdrawal symptoms. Meanwhile I'm avoiding POIS :)

So I'll wait to see who wins the battle. Otherwise I'm stuck with no Rx (no patches - since a week ago Saturday - till 3/28).

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:35:16 PM by demografx »

Nightingale

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2015, 06:03:10 PM »
Just an update: suddenly, my insurance is arguing with my GP over whether or not they will cover his testosterone-recommended Rx for my POIS.

They want $480 if I pay out of pocket ! Box of 30, pharmacy won't break open a box to just give me a few days' worth. And according to doc, there are no withdrawal symptoms. Meanwhile I'm avoiding POIS :)

So I'll wait to see who wins the battle. Otherwise I'm stuck with no Rx (no patches - since a week ago Saturday - till 3/28).

Wow. As someone who has been chronically on expensive medications, I understand these battles too well. I'm rooting for ya.
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2015, 06:56:12 PM »
Thanks, Nightingale! :)

G-man

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2015, 11:15:02 PM »
Have you tried testosterone cream? When I tried TRT last year my doctor had a compounding pharmacy make me three months worth cream for about $70

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2015, 01:29:06 AM »
Have you tried testosterone cream? When I tried TRT last year my doctor had a compounding pharmacy make me three months worth cream for about $70

Excellent idea, G-man! My cousin uses it and it was one of 2 options (patches or cream) presented to me by my endocrinologist. Will take it up with my pharmacy, GP, and maybe my endo. Thanks.

Colm

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2015, 02:59:29 PM »

Hopefully you will get a suitable solution, that must be a bit of a shock when TRT has been such a solution for you Demo.

All th best

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2015, 03:01:19 PM »
Thanks, Colm! :)

Prancer

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2015, 06:30:04 PM »
That's terrible, demografx. Is this the longest you've been without your Rx? In some sense, it's great that you're still avoiding your symptoms, even without the patches. Maybe you've been permanently cured! That's probably wishful thinking (but who knows). Let us know how everything goes, and hopefully you'll be able to get them back ASAP. (TRT is my favorite known POIS cure so far, even though I haven't tried it yet, but still thinking about it.)

poiseidon

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2015, 03:35:16 AM »
Damn insurance companies! demo let us know, I hope you'll sort it out soon. If I were you I'd retire in a hermitage to avoid any kind of temptation :)
After spending loads on supplements I found out that the only thing that works is abstinence. Full stop. And it's free.
Meditation if done correctly is great too.
Also avoiding computers produce faster recoveries and fewer temptations.