Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 354803 times)

Vandemolen

Re: Testosterone
« Reply #360 on: May 10, 2019, 08:18:03 AM »
Thank you for keeping the priority on...POIS.
I am in a really bad shape. Never had such a bad health. My libido is zero. So I do not think about sex. I only sleep 4 hours a day. I have a lot of strange symptoms, The good thing about TRT is that it could help me to get better and help me against POIS. So double succes.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2019, 01:34:23 PM »
Thank you for continuing to put the forum-posting
emphasis on the latter (POIS)!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:37:38 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #362 on: May 15, 2019, 05:35:20 PM »
I think TRT can benefit SOME poisers with normal testosterone levels. This needs to be tested under controlled conditions. But ***please*** do not interpret this as my advice to ANYONE :)

From another thread:

I  convinced my first urologist about POIS and he gave me [testosterone] injections.

Here’s the full story. Many years ago, desperate about my POIS, I made many contacts, sex experts on Larry King Live, etc. at that time, and I contacted a Czech sexologist, Dr Petr Weiss, by telephone, about my POIS and he seemed to know EXACTLY what was wrong with me! He said, he actually thundered over the phone :) “You need testosterone!” I thought, ‘is this guy a quack?’ (He didn’t ask about my T-levels!) but...I was desperate...so I went to my urologist, and I had normal T-levels (the lab also mis-labeled me as female!!) but I said to him (the urologist), “Look, I know all about POIS! (I had the confidence instilled in me by Dr Weiss) And I...need...testosterone!!”. So he gave me injections. At first they helped but then stopped working. A few years later (2008), this forum convinced me POIS was a hormonal issue, and a Harvard PhD. biochemist friend who pioneered some AIDS treatments, convinced me that I should see a University-based endocrinologist (he said universities are more research oriented and might be more sympathetic to the poorly-understood POIS). So I did that, had a full range of hormone tests done, plus a brain scan, and was tested with low-FREE-T, diagnosed with hypogonadism, and was convinced to use testosterone patches or cream - not injections - because they are more in sync with the way the body naturally manufactures testosterone, on a smoother 24/7 basis rather than “spiking” in and out of the system, which is what injections do, according to this endo. You can read the rest of my profile story below :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:25:19 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
« Reply #363 on: May 16, 2019, 12:43:05 AM »
Has anyone tried the General Nutrition Center supplement Nugenix?  It is supposed to help free testosterone, which seems to be the root of the cause of my pois.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: May 16, 2019, 07:53:36 AM »
GNC is a good company, but you should ask a doctor.
Demo

fernab

« Reply #365 on: May 16, 2019, 09:45:38 AM »
I am thinking right now, that hormonal imbalance could be the root cause for POIS. And that this hormonal imbalance, as a possible consequence....may afect indirectly nervous and inmune systems....causing a lot of different symptoms and problems....and of course, not being exactly the same for each Poiser...

The reason for thinking about this is because I am strongly suspecting that what caused me the hormonal imbalance was the fact that I was taking finasteride for 2 years ... and shortly after letting it, I started to notice problems that I never had before .... I was always someone healthy and athletic ......

And also, I see that some Poisers treating themselves hormonally (with TRT) find relief ... (as is your own case Demo) ....

Of course this is just an hypothesis that I'm thinking right now.... but that I know I have to try to talk to a good endocrine!

As I am also reading that there is a Syndrome called PFS (Post Finasteride Syndrome).... That is able to cause nervous system damages and inmune systems Disorders..... That being said by an neuroendocrinologist from the University of Milano (Roberto Melcangi, PhD, Head of Neuroendocrinology, Department of Pharmacological and Biomolecular Sciences
University of Milano from Italy....).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:53:58 AM by fernab »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #366 on: May 16, 2019, 11:30:04 AM »
Excellent post, fernab!

(I’m reading and typing this inflight, enroute to Tennessee ;D )

Best wishes to everyone,
Demo

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
« Reply #367 on: May 16, 2019, 12:30:32 PM »
Demo
The doctors in our area are worthless.  I know more about pois than they do.  I also know what seems to work for me--foods and supplements that help testosterone production.  If anyone has had any experiences with any supplements that help with this besides the usual flaxseed, fenugreek, fish oil, krill oils, etc, I'd be highly interested.

fernab

« Reply #368 on: May 16, 2019, 12:51:27 PM »
Demo
The doctors in our area are worthless.  I know more about pois than they do.  I also know what seems to work for me--foods and supplements that help testosterone production.  If anyone has had any experiences with any supplements that help with this besides the usual flaxseed, fenugreek, fish oil, krill oils, etc, I'd be highly interested.

Hi Samir,

You are right.

The vast majority of doctors don't have any idea about POIS.

But here in general we are not doctors also.

Even if doctors don't know anything about POIS. One can ask them to help you the way you could take something. Just to have a minimal control.

It's advisable in any case to do it like this....

Thank you for sharing this information and knowledge that could be useful for anyone willing to take it with the supervision of a doctor.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #369 on: May 16, 2019, 06:20:46 PM »
fernab, thanks for the excellent guidance.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #370 on: June 03, 2019, 02:09:13 PM »
This time around, I knocked myself out on Day Zero with forced sleep via Benadryl. (Plus I increased the dose of TRT.)

Yuk!

It “worked”, but then I had to recover from my zombie-hangover state!

And it somehow felt dangerous (e.g., plenty of nightmares) even though I followed the [maximum] dosing instructions on the box.

Hard to believe I’m still struggling after several D E C A D E S of this POIS nonsense!

But it’s Day 4, and I never dreamed of feeling this good in my pre-TRT days.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 01:23:04 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #371 on: June 03, 2019, 08:58:25 PM »
Does anyone have any thoughts or personal intake experience or info to share about testosterone AND niacin taken together?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 09:46:24 PM by demografx »

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
« Reply #372 on: June 03, 2019, 11:59:20 PM »
I've always had nightmares when in pois.

I recently tried a supplement for men by gnc available from sams and it seems to help as much as fenugreek and fish oil.  I've also started drinking a blackberry and chia seed juice drink in the morning that also seems to have a strong impact of reducing pois effects.

I think there are enough natural remedies for me at least--but I believe I will have to be practically overloading on them to have no pois effects.

I forgot to add the relationship to testosterone as it seems ALL of these have a direct and marked affect on either increasing production or absorption.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 01:29:24 PM by Samir »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #373 on: June 04, 2019, 01:10:14 AM »
Samir, if the above post is not testosterone-related, would you kindly consider moving it to another thread? Maybe a new one?

Or...if you think that it is T-related, please add wording to that effect.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 01:20:24 AM by demografx »

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
« Reply #374 on: June 04, 2019, 01:29:33 PM »
Samir, if the above post is not testosterone-related, would you kindly consider moving it to another thread? Maybe a new one?

Or...if you think that it is T-related, please add wording to that effect.

Thank you.
Fixed it.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #375 on: June 04, 2019, 04:30:30 PM »
Thanks, Samir!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2019, 04:41:30 PM »
...it seems ALL of these [supplements]  have a direct and marked affect on either increasing production or absorption [of testosterone]
Samir, I’m not familiar with the role of T “absorption”. Can u elaborate a little please?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 07:00:19 PM by demografx »

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
« Reply #377 on: June 06, 2019, 07:47:13 AM »
...it seems ALL of these [supplements]  have a direct and marked affect on either increasing production or absorption [of testosterone]
Samir, I’m not familiar with the role of T “absorption”. Can u elaborate a little please?
Not T absorption, per se, but the body's response to existing T in the body.  My body seems to be able to 'absorb' existing and newly produced T better.  Hope this helps..

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #378 on: June 06, 2019, 09:57:23 AM »
Yes it does.

Very interesting.

Thank you, Samir!

Nas

« Reply #379 on: June 16, 2019, 02:50:37 PM »
Hello comrades,
I've been wondering, dose TRT work for all the people who tried it? I've even seen some posts on FB and TRT always seems to work.