Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 344497 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Testosterone
« Reply #280 on: January 22, 2019, 09:14:47 PM »
Limejuice, today wasn’t as “miraculous”, it took me 3 brief naps to feel normal.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: January 23, 2019, 03:37:07 PM »
To summarize, this time around, on Day Zero (POIS onset) and on Day 1,
I struggled, alternating between feeling good and POIS-crappy (a new scientific term I just now originated). Forced extra sleep made a big difference.

Pre-TRT, it was 4-5 days of pure hell.

I’m not “selling” TRT here, just sharing my experience.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:42:29 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Nas

« Reply #282 on: January 23, 2019, 03:45:45 PM »
I struggled, alternating between feeling good and POIS-crappy (a new scientific term I just now originated).
POISious-crappiousis.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: January 23, 2019, 03:53:24 PM »

Nas:

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #284 on: January 23, 2019, 06:00:58 PM »
I struggled, alternating between feeling good and POIS-crappy (a new scientific term I just now originated).
POISious-crappiousis.
Thank you, Nas. I realize the importance of rigorous terminology at a forum with so much serious academic research going on!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 07:47:23 PM by demografx »

portuguese_poiser

« Reply #285 on: January 28, 2019, 09:52:16 AM »
What does this mean ?
http://journals.aace.com/doi/pdf/10.4158/EP161530.CR

Can this solve the "why TRT relieves POIS-symptoms" puzzle ?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #286 on: January 28, 2019, 11:01:47 AM »
What does this mean ?
http://journals.aace.com/doi/pdf/10.4158/EP161530.CR

Can this solve the "why TRT relieves POIS-symptoms" puzzle ?
Interesting paper. They are speculating about a possible link between testosterone and Tregs, just what I did in the regulatory T cell thread. I didn't know it could suppress NK cell proliferation. Tregs could be a potential target for POIS research.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #287 on: January 28, 2019, 06:06:04 PM »
Very interesting, Muon and portuguese_poiser!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #288 on: January 30, 2019, 12:13:29 PM »
For those of you who followed reading my “Superman” routine (see previous page), I’m having similar success (with similar procedures) this week. Today is Day 1, feeling pretty good.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 06:54:32 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2019, 11:59:58 PM »
I’m on Day Zero, after 13 days’ abstinence. It’s 8:49 pm, starting to feel a little POISed (mainly my TEN FINGERTIPS DRIVING ME NUTS!), but for the earlier part of the day, I felt like . I usually feel worse in the afternoon & evenings.

Forced a short nap with Aleve in the afternoon. FORCED EXTRA SLEEP works! I just now took 1 Benadryl, will take another later.

ps - I don’t recommend taking lots of Benadryl and/or Aleve. Google their side effects. Harvard Univ studied Benadryl stating it could possibly contribute to dementia. I’ll let you know when I start mumbling to myself! ;D

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:01:08 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: February 13, 2019, 01:47:50 PM »
Continuing from above...I awoke this morning (Day1) around 6:00am, plenty of sleep but feeling slightly POISed, so at 7:00am I took 2 Aleve, plus “extra” dose of TRT. I drifted and dozed till 10:00am, and now I feel like again. But knowing that as the day wears on, my Superman cape will probably wear down ;D, I might knock myself out again with 2 Benadryl’s.

Once again, I don’t recommend any of this *forced extra sleep* to anyone, especially the Benadryl.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:40:27 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #291 on: February 13, 2019, 02:10:05 PM »
My “Ten Fingertips POIS”

I’ll ***try*** to explain, but it’s difficult!

All ten fingertips feel:

- “sandy” (pre-TRT, a dermatologist confirmed my POIS-induced dermatitis).
-  dried up
-  no feelings there
-  “bald”
-  sometimes hot
-  SOMETHING about it “drives me crazy”...maybe the psychic agony comes about because the fingertips contain nerve endings?

Unrelated, *fatigue* is also present. I had to sadly miss a morning walk with my son. If I push myself physically, I know I’ll get worse. I’ve learned NOT to fight the fatigue.

But this is all a FRACTION of what I experienced pre-TRT days. Back then it was 4-5 days like this. Unrelenting and at a much more intense/severe level of misery. Today, it’s much lighter POIS &  2 days max, often less.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:50:49 PM by demografx »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2019, 02:56:35 PM »
Intresting, i must check my t lewels.
I went to my doc to asked that i want check m t lewels.
He asked me fwew questions , like , do i hawe libido( i hawe strong libido),
do you hawe erections in morning or erectile disfunc...
( i hawe hard erections no ED).
Then he sad that there is no reason to check it.

Those fatige is mistery, yeah you wright , no fight with "our" tipe of fatigue
on force, because it can be dewastating sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:32:00 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2019, 03:45:45 PM »

Then he said that there is no reason to check it.

That’s crazy! Find another doctor. Preferably an endocrinologist.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:28:11 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2019, 07:19:57 PM »
Continuing from above...I awoke this morning (Day1) around 6:00am, plenty of sleep but feeling slightly POISed, so at 7:00am I took 2 Aleve, plus “extra” dose of TRT. I drifted and dozed till 10:00am, and now I feel like again. But knowing that as the day wears on, my Superman cape will probably wear down ;D, I might knock myself out again with 2 Benadryl’s.

Once again, I don’t recommend any of this *forced extra sleep* to anyone, especially the Benadryl.

I took the 2 Benadryl, SLEPT yet again, it’s now 4:18pm, Day1, and I feel great.

Before TRT, I could have never achieved this, with or without
Forced Extra Sleep.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 08:30:23 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2019, 08:13:08 PM »
It’s now about 1 hour later and I still feel good!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: March 01, 2019, 02:36:15 PM »
I awoke this morning (Day Zero) around 7:00am, plenty of sleep but obviously Day-Zero-POISed, so at 8:00am I took 2 Benadryl (50mg), which completely knocked me out (5 days ago, I quit my nightly dose as a general sleep aid, so the impact on this Benadryl-detoxed body was great), plus  an “extra” dose of TRT, on the hypothesis that Day Zero brings an immediate drop in testosterone level). I slept soundly till 11:00am, and now (11:30am) I feel like . But knowing that as the day wears on, my Superman cape will probably
wear down ;D, I will simply...rest. And rest. And rest some more! Sadly, I called off my morning walk with my son.

Once again, I don’t recommend any of this *forced extra sleep* or
*beyond-recommended-TRT-dose-Rx* to anyone.
Harvard Medical School has written about Benadryl as a possible dementia contributor. That’s why I quit my nightly dose.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 06:08:51 PM by demografx »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #297 on: March 01, 2019, 02:47:37 PM »
Virus-induced dysfunction of the endocrine system:
''Furthermore, of essential importance is the fact that viral infection of the testicular cells may result not only in changes in testicular function, a serious risk for the fertility and general health of the individual (such as a fall in testosteronemia leading to cachexia)''
Viruses in the Mammalian Male Genital Tract and Their Effects on the Reproductive System

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #298 on: March 01, 2019, 02:53:21 PM »
Thank you, Muon!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: March 01, 2019, 03:09:53 PM »
It’s now 12:08pm, and I can start to feel my maddening
POIS-fingertip-syndrome flare up. “More rest, please!!!”  ;D ;D

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 04:46:43 PM by demografx »