Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 344457 times)

hurray

• Lab1
Re: Testosterone
« Reply #260 on: October 23, 2018, 12:59:08 PM »

Interesting about Clomid. My POIS came in a period when my weight went 20 kilo’s (44lb) up. I used to play soccer 3 times a week. And I ate at home. Eveyday a fresh made meal from my parents. I was skinny but healthy. Then I graduated from the university and got a job. I stopped with soccer and ate fastfood and pasta. And I live in The Netherlands where there normally is not much sun. I think in that period my vitamin D leverl dropped. And also my TRT level. I think that was one of the many triggers to develop POIS. So taking Clomid is interestting. Is there another person who took this? I don’t wanna take TRT pills or patches because I am 41 years old. But my TRT level is a bit low. See my level on the blood test topic. I will aks my POIS doctor what he thinks about taking Clomid.

There is also link between low TRT and prostatitis (my main problem):
https://www.issm.info/news/sex-health-headlines/researchers-find-connection-between-low-testosterone-and-cp-cpps/

I saw that Quantum already wrote about Clomid:

Well, the good news is that Clomid is cheap and readily available. It was approved as a fertility drug in 1967, and has been available in a generic form for a long time. Its secondary properties of raising testosterone levels in men were only discovered relatively recently.

I would be interested to know what your POIS doctor thinks about Clomid. It sounds like you have other good reasons for increasing your testosterone levels, and hopefully your doctor will take those into consideration.

I had not seen Quantum's information about Clomid in the other thread, he shares some very interesting thoughts.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #261 on: October 23, 2018, 06:59:34 PM »
hurray, nice to see you again, you’re one of the very early members!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #262 on: October 25, 2018, 02:50:27 PM »
hurray, nice to see you again, you’re one of the very early members!

Hi Demo, good to see you too!

Yes, I think I joined in with the Naked Scientist forum discussion around page 40, of course you were there right from the beginning along with John21 and B_Jim :)

It's a great community, all working towards the same goal - beating POIS!

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2018, 12:06:01 PM »
Demo, have you been checked for decreased bone mass density?

Association of Testosterone and Estradiol Deficiency with Osteoporosis and Rapid Bone Loss in Older Men
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/91/10/3908/2656491

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #264 on: November 30, 2018, 12:20:41 PM »
Demo, have you been checked for decreased bone mass density?

Association of Testosterone and Estradiol Deficiency with Osteoporosis and Rapid Bone Loss in Older Men
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/91/10/3908/2656491

No, but I’ll send my Report to the Association ;D
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: November 30, 2018, 12:21:12 PM »
Lately I’ve been forgetting to take my daily testosterone...too often.

It shows!

Even after 10 years of diligent treatment, the nasty, old symptoms have increased! Mainly in length of time to recover, not in the severity of the symptoms.

So...I’ve gone back to my daily regimen!!  :) :)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 10:09:54 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #266 on: December 02, 2018, 10:08:47 PM »
I feel much better now in-and-out-of-POIS since going back to daily treatment.

Demo: follow your doctor’s advice!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:51:25 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #267 on: December 10, 2018, 07:30:21 PM »

Yes! And I wish we could all beat it to death! ;D

david

« Reply #268 on: December 14, 2018, 11:57:34 PM »

Yes! And I wish we could all beat it to death! ;D

hahaha :)
looks to me u got euphoria after you get back to T :)
i was the same during first week on trt
now my body accustomed to my new(natural) T level and i feel normal
no euphoria but still much better then i felt myself before trt
my life was miserable: constant depression, severe fatigue, severe pois symptoms, hard brain fog etc
not its gone :)
anyway glad for you
current protocol: 24mg test. cypionate subQ every day, Cabergoline 0.125mg every 5 days, Alcar 2 grams per day, NALT 0.6 gram per day sulbutiamine 2*200 every day highly potent vitamins each day = no pois at all and in addition now have quite decent motivation

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2018, 01:11:00 AM »
Thanks, david! ;D

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #270 on: January 03, 2019, 04:44:41 PM »

3 *weeks* abstinence + TRT seems to be my anti-POIS formula.

(No, it’s still not 100% POIS-free - - BUT CLOSE!!).

Very little abstinence can still be...a POIS disaster.

Prior to TRT, I recall 3 *months* abstinence and still...POIS disaster.

I’m new to understanding MCAS. Does anyone think TRT & MCAS might be compatible theoretically?

Nas

« Reply #271 on: January 03, 2019, 05:07:29 PM »

3 *weeks* abstinence + TRT seems to be my anti-POIS formula.

(No, it’s still not 100% POIS-free - - BUT CLOSE!!).

Very little abstinence can still be...a POIS disaster.

Prior to TRT, I recall 3 *months* abstinence and still...POIS disaster.

I’m new to understanding MCAS. Does anyone think TRT & MCAS might be compatible theoretically?
Idk, but from what I have observed the majority of MCAS sufferes seem to be females. Perhaps lack of testosterone contributes to Mast Cells destabilization?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #272 on: January 03, 2019, 06:46:28 PM »
Thanks, Nas

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2019, 08:22:17 PM »
Great PP that you found a doctor that can help you. But I have heard that when someone starts with TRT for a long time the body will have problems to make testosterone when you stop with the medication. I have low testosterone, but I do not want to start TRT because of this problem. Otherwise I would asked my doctor for TRT. If I were 60+ I would do it.

Vandemolen, yes, thank you for pointing out the risk of TRT for younger people.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 11:13:20 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: January 21, 2019, 10:21:56 AM »
Wish me luck. (For dramatic POIS-reduction).

After 13 days ‘free’...it’s now what I call “Day Zero” (The day of POIS onset. Day 1 is my first “24-hours-of-POIS” day), it’s now
7:10 AM PST, and I just took 2 Benadryls to force extra sleep! After a good night’s sleep.

Told my wife not to wake me up.

Also I’m sneezing hard :) :)    ...but only 3x

Happy Martin Luther King Day!

All the best,
Demo

ps - almost forgot: I also just now doubled up on my Rx for testosterone (from 4mg to 8mg) due to my anticipated drop in testosterone level, in turn, due to POIS onset!

Don’t wake me up!
;D

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 04:00:02 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #275 on: January 21, 2019, 11:57:38 AM »
It’s 8:56   9:28   9:44 AM PST...not asleep (too wired) but feeling a LITTLE better anyway :)

“Dried up” fingers sensation lessening...

Out of anxiety (extra TRT??)...just now devoured a huge breakfast...rapidly!

Your posts help!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:46:24 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: January 21, 2019, 12:55:49 PM »
Trying again (10:00 AM).

This time closing eyes :)

And listening to this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3f5lkEUD1ek

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 01:00:03 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2019, 05:43:17 PM »
It worked!

When I awoke, (after 12:00 PM), I felt like Superman.

As always, that feeling diminishes as the day wears on.

But overall, on this day, Day Zero...I’ve never felt better.

TRT + forced extra sleep + moderate abstinence is a huge leap forward for me since my old POIS days! (In the past, even 90 days’ abstinence didn’t help!)

I wish that for all POISers! I am proof  (amongst other members here) that
S O M E T H I N G can help! (I felt hopeless against POIS in the past. But not now.)

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:47:35 PM by demografx »

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2019, 10:53:38 PM »
love the aura type music! perfect to meditate/sleep too!  good luck with day 1!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 11:05:28 PM by Limejuice »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: January 22, 2019, 12:49:08 AM »
Many thanks, Limejuice!!!