POIS Cause/Treatment Discussions > Hormonal Causes and Treatments

Testosterone

(1/149) > >>

Daveman:
Testosterone has been used fairly successfully by several member over at the NSF POIS forum. There have been varying degrees of success, but for the most part the results are quite favorable. Hopefully at the risk of repeating themselves, some of these members can share their stories here.

To date however a GOOD professional medical explanation of wy it works is still pending, although among US there are some fairly good and valient attempts to do so.

Daveman:
The following recompilation should be good fodder to get things started!

Some (quite a few) conversations about testosterone on NSF.

http://www.google.com/search?q=testosterone+POIS+site:http://thenakedscientists.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

demografx:
At the risk of boring you once again, I have made a GIANT dent in The POIS Demon with TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy).

It's been over 2 years of daily treatment now, and I still consider this a "Life Miracle" for me. (30+ years of POIS Agony, never thought I would see the slightest relief).

There are risks associated with TRT. I recommend that you visit a POIS-empathetic endocrinologist, ask him/her to test you hormonally in-and-out-of-POIS, then weigh the risks and benefits carefully.

Best wishes, no matter HOW you find POIS relief! If banana peels work for you, that's all you should care about.  :)

Daveman:

--- Quote from: demografx on March 30, 2011, 08:36:09 PM ---Best wishes, no matter HOW you find POIS relief! If banana peels work for you, that's all you should care about.  :)

--- End quote ---

Mellow Yellow  :P

Green:
I'm actually thinking of getting off testosterone for a while, soon. Getting some labs taken once it's out of my system and then reassess my own situation with a GP if my testosterone levels still fall below the reference range.

At the dosage I take, there has been little damage, my testicles temporarlily shurnk because of high estradiol levels, but now they are back to pre trt size.

I'm looking to do this becuase I have found greater benefit with just HCG rather than testosterone, worst case scenario, I can stay on HCG I don't have a problem, it's not as harmful as test either, time will tell, I'll be looking to do this once I complete my degree, over the summer, which I haven't even done anywork this year so far  ::) Thanks to POIS...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version