Author Topic: Tally of NORD Donations  (Read 62545 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Tally of NORD Donations
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 10:17:17 AM »
More than that, I think he has a true perspective of the value of donating!

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Ccconfucius

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 12:15:41 PM »
Daveman i think you should send another mass mail out, with new pledge amount maybe it will change some of the skeptics minds.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 01:27:47 PM »
Daveman i think you should send another mass mail out, with new pledge amount maybe it will change some of the skeptics minds.

Yes,good idea thanks CC.

Although we don't see much activity right yet, we are putting together a complete plan for the year, which will involve, not only mail-outs to the members, but complete campaigns through magazines,  and media that will likely even end up with reuters. We are creating many new tools and activities on the site as well to help promote confidence in both reaching the goal and end results of the research.

As soon as we get a free minute we will be sending out another mailout.

Thanks
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

aalkaff

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 12:01:10 PM »
Individual efforts are (variably) valuable for alleviating the symptoms but I have no doubt a more methodical research is invariably better if the goal is to identify/confirm the causes and develop "truer" cures.

I'm sure all of us have financial obligations, most of which seem more important than this research fund. It's not my place to ask you to re-evaluate those obligations, but I highly recommend that you perhaps commit to a recurring, automatic donation of small payments, an option NORD offers. Otherwise, I suggest you set up a recurring reminder in your calendars or smartphones (weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, etc.) to manually make a small donation.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 12:14:21 PM »
Ali, reading your profile information at the bottom of your posts solicits a comment, which I will post here:

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=22.0

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 02:52:44 PM »

CC, thanks for the mailing reminder!

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Jon

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2012, 02:28:37 AM »
Daveman and demografx, I would like to pledge $1,000 dollars to the research fund although I am not sure how long it will take me do have it. Thank you guys.
My cognitive symptoms started suddenly during an orgasm when I was 16. I then developed my POIS and cognitive/physical symptoms became very severe. Had to leave work and school. This year I had 60% success with regimen. Recently the symptoms have gotten worse again. Let's help each other.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 12:35:57 PM »
Daveman and demografx, I would like to pledge $1,000 dollars to the research fund although I am not sure how long it will take me do have it. Thank you guys.

Thank you very much Jon.

We ARE going to make it.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »

Jon, Thank You!
daveman                                           demo

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:43:59 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

mellivora

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 01:01:17 PM »
I don't want to wait until late 2013 or 2014 before we can get dedicated (NORD-funded) POIS research under way. At the moment, that is the best we are heading for.  
We've got 2 months to get to our NORD target this year and save ourselves from waiting this long.

We've had some very generous donations recently but some of these are to be made over a period of months. I'm certainly no less grateful to the donors for this fact but it does mean the current NORD pledge tally can be misleading as it uses the total that will be donated by 2013, not by March this year. We are still currently not in a good position to make the March deadline this year. To me it looks like we're half way at best.

After we reach our $33500 target, it'll likely be some months before a researcher is appointed to work on POIS through NORD. It may be some time after this that work finally begins. I believe I'm right in saying that we really need to make the March 2012 deadline (2 months time) if we're going to see any benefits from NORD funded research within the next two years. There isn't a quick fix. But it'll be quicker if we begin now. Also, things will cost more in years to come. $33500 might not be the minimum required in future years, it might be more.

We have some things that help some of us (eg. Niacin, immunotherapy) at the moment. But these are not cures so far or 100% effective treatments. And we still don't know what causes POIS. We have much better theories than we used to and even evidence for some of them but all POIS sufferers are not the same and what works for some doesn't work for others. We need to push this if we're going to help everyone. We need to know what POIS is, what causes it, what varieties of POIS there are and use this to  get as close as possible to being cured/ being POIS-free. For us and for future sufferers.

2 months is all we have. So far I have pledged $500. On the condition that we make the March 2012 deadline, I'm upping my pledge to $1500 (seriously, no clappy applause gifs for this please, lets just get that total)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:59:33 PM by mellivora »

Nightingale

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 01:32:50 PM »
I'll be brief as I have not much time:  I don't see us making the target this year UNLESS we get more people to donate who are NOT POIS sufferers, i.e. sympathizers.  The most amazing fund drives I've seen on the internet occur on the site reddit.com   A group (under the banner of atheists giving to charity) raised something like $200k in a day.  Big stuff happens when you crowdsource it.  If I were to head it up, I'd go along the lines that most reddit users are males who often celebrate the action of masturbation (search "fapping") or just sex in general.  If we could get some large-scale sympathy from that crowd, we could potentially see a lot of micro-donations.  Now they are a skeptical bunch, so any plea will have to be well written and backed up.

I have to go, I hope there is some discussion on this when I'm back!
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

mellivora

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 01:41:25 PM »
I'll be brief as I have not much time:  I don't see us making the target this year UNLESS we get more people to donate who are NOT POIS sufferers, i.e. sympathizers.  The most amazing fund drives I've seen on the internet occur on the site reddit.com   A group (under the banner of atheists giving to charity) raised something like $200k in a day.  Big stuff happens when you crowdsource it.  If I were to head it up, I'd go along the lines that most reddit users are males who often celebrate the action of masturbation (search "fapping") or just sex in general.  If we could get some large-scale sympathy from that crowd, we could potentially see a lot of micro-donations.  Now they are a skeptical bunch, so any plea will have to be well written and backed up.

Thanks for the suggestion Nightingale. This is exactly the sort of post I was hoping to read! I'm going to be spending more time over the next week, whenever I can, trying to raise outside funds. I'll have a look at reddit. Please people, if we put our heads together and seriously start working on outside funding through suggestions like Nightingale's we can do this. Even within 2 months. Please post your ideas here. If you can act on them, even better! Thanks
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:45:02 PM by mellivora »

mellivora

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 03:39:48 PM »
Did this:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=crowd+source+donations+for+fundraisers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Finding things like this:
http://www.crowdrise.com/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/12/us-atheists-donations-idUSTRE7B81SU20111212

I realise Friday night isn't a good one to start trying to whip up a storm on our forums but lets gather some momentum in the next week
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:10:50 PM by mellivora »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 06:33:49 PM »

I'll be brief as I have not much time:  I don't see us making the target this year UNLESS we get more people to donate who are NOT POIS sufferers, i.e. sympathizers.  The most amazing fund drives I've seen on the internet occur on the site reddit.com   A group (under the banner of atheists giving to charity) raised something like $200k in a day.  Big stuff happens when you crowdsource it.  If I were to head it up, I'd go along the lines that most reddit users are males who often celebrate the action of masturbation (search "fapping") or just sex in general.  If we could get some large-scale sympathy from that crowd, we could potentially see a lot of micro-donations.  Now they are a skeptical bunch, so any plea will have to be well written and backed up.

Thanks for the suggestion Nightingale. This is exactly the sort of post I was hoping to read! I'm going to be spending more time over the next week, whenever I can, trying to raise outside funds. I'll have a look at reddit. Please people, if we put our heads together and seriously start working on outside funding through suggestions like Nightingale's we can do this. Even within 2 months. Please post your ideas here. If you can act on them, even better! Thanks

WONDERFUL FUNDING IDEAS AND MOMENTUM!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 06:35:39 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »

I don't want to wait until late 2013 or 2014 before we can get dedicated (NORD-funded) POIS research under way. At the moment, that is the best we are heading for.  
We've got 2 months to get to our NORD target this year and save ourselves from waiting this long.

We've had some very generous donations recently but some of these are to be made over a period of months. I'm certainly no less grateful to the donors for this fact but it does mean the current NORD pledge tally can be misleading as it uses the total that will be donated by 2013, not by March this year. We are still currently not in a good position to make the March deadline this year. To me it looks like we're half way at best.

After we reach our $33500 target, it'll likely be some months before a researcher is appointed to work on POIS through NORD. It may be some time after this that work finally begins. I believe I'm right in saying that we really need to make the March 2012 deadline (2 months time) if we're going to see any benefits from NORD funded research within the next two years. There isn't a quick fix. But it'll be quicker if we begin now. Also, things will cost more in years to come. $33500 might not be the minimum required in future years, it might be more.

We have some things that help some of us (eg. Niacin, immunotherapy) at the moment. But these are not cures so far or 100% effective treatments. And we still don't know what causes POIS. We have much better theories than we used to and even evidence for some of them but all POIS sufferers are not the same and what works for some doesn't work for others. We need to push this if we're going to help everyone. We need to know what POIS is, what causes it, what varieties of POIS there are and use this to  get as close as possible to being cured/ being POIS-free. For us and for future sufferers.

2 months is all we have. So far I have pledged $500. On the condition that we make the March 2012 deadline, I'm upping my pledge to $1500 (seriously, no clappy applause gifs for this please, lets just get that total)