Author Topic: Cognitive Symptoms  (Read 16226 times)

Jon

Cognitive Symptoms
« on: June 20, 2011, 09:22:47 PM »
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anybody shares any of my cognitive symptoms. They have taken over my life.

I am always mentally absent in and out of POIS 24/7.
 My mind always feels like its asleep.
I have trouble:
-Thinking
-Dementia type stuff..Just sitting there forgetting what i was doing
-Very foggy
-Trouble Understanding what people are saying
-Forget the environment or scene im in (Cant do simple things with eyes closed, forget whats behind me)
-Emotions seem dulled because I cant focus and think about things
-Sometimes I just sit there and forget what i was doing like dementia type stuff I am unable to have conversation with people. My mind isnt on the conversation and sometimes I lose the ability to think for myself and blurt out a response in an attempt to end the the conversation. I get nervous when people are approaching me because I cant comprehend whats happening

I am unable to hold a conversation and am never at ease. This problem is worse in POIS but is a chronic problem on top of it. Can anybody relate to anything?
My cognitive symptoms started suddenly during an orgasm when I was 16. I then developed my POIS and cognitive/physical symptoms became very severe. Had to leave work and school. This year I had 60% success with regimen. Recently the symptoms have gotten worse again. Let's help each other.

Bream

Re: Cognitive Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 01:57:18 AM »
Hi Jon. Sounds familiar. I'm currently trying to find out if POIS has something to do with my problems. Today is day 25 of abstinence and i am still very fogged and tired. Sometimes i can feel better late at night for an hour, this has been a life saver for me in the past 34 years.

Have you tried abstinence for longer periods up to a few months?
I think POIS could cause other problems like adrenal fatigue and hypothyroidism. These things have their own approach need longer to recover.

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »
I can completely relate to your symptoms.  For me, it seems to be because my testosterone levels drop as these symptoms are also symptoms of low testosterone.  Eating foods and taking supplements that boost T production help me tremendously.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:42:54 AM »
same here and totally crippling my existence

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 07:55:38 PM »
it is completely same here .............all the things , so you are not alone ......we are all here to help each other !!!!

just a suggestion , all pls get together on chat to help each other and support each other............

pls ask Mr daveman or the Admin ....
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 06:35:09 PM »
I have exactly those cognitives symptoms... in or out of POIS, but of course"in" is so much more !

It is now 1 year i cant realize something for a long time, cant stand physical activities due to exhaustion, try to focus so hard on something to act normal in front of people... but impossible to last over some time.
I wonder if it refers to a deep depression or something else. The adrenal fatigue is a kind of depression very intense...

I took fluoxétine (Prozac) by the past and it reduced my period of POIS with less intense episode. (2 days brain fog only)
I am taking Effexor right now cause my doctor said it was very powerful for deep depression , but i read that 2/3 of Caucasian males don't have any effect with effexor.

I guess I should forget Effexor and retry Prozac (which is also a long antihistamine lasting)...
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 05:55:04 PM »
rjmlr

It's interesting. I tend to have mostly physical symptoms, but over the last year, the cognitive have worsened a bit. My period of cognitive symptoms is between day 2 and day 4 (inclusive) more or less. And it can be extensive enough that a couple of times I've even had depressive sessions for the first time in my life.

But, about 2 wks ago, I had a cold that went into my ears and sinuses, out of POIS. But it felt just like brain fog. It produced ringing, lower hearing capability, a little dizziness and pressure in the head and sinuses.

With that I realized how inflamation can cause cognitive type symptoms.

It's dificult to relate inflamation to brain-fog, a cognitive issue doesn't feel physical at all.

But pinched nerves (optic and auditory) in combination with sinus swelling and inner-ear interference could  well be responsible for muchof our cognitive issues.

Not to mention the serotinin and dopamine imbalance that it can cause.

It's really a bummer.......

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

JRD

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 03:51:28 AM »
I've been diagnosed with working diagnosis of "Mild cognitive impairment" (to be able to get an MRI and other exams) after visiting a neuroscientists, who treats and researches neurodegenerative conditions (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, etc.). Next time I am going to tell him about my condition and ask for some suggestions or recommendations.

I can definitely say I suffer postorgasmic cognitive decline and emotional issues and these complications have been masively intensified after years on various SSRI antidepressants and their withdrawal. Antidepressant withdrawal (I'm currently in its protracted phase) represents the worst, most difficult experience in my whole life - now I really know what dementia-like conditions look like. Many people on paxilprogress.org share similar experience and some of them even suffer from brain fog after orgasm (which may be their main problem).

I don't believe semen allergy could cause such a cognitive/psychological issues at all, but I am sure some neurochemical imbalance is involved in MY postorgasmic complications.

devastated

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 08:58:56 AM »
Add to all of the above:

- The difficulty to form sentences and talk properly during POIS period (I'm normally a very fluent speaker).
- Exhaustion arriving much faster during a demanding mental task (and with greater intensity).
- Inability to focus on the same subject for more than a few seconds (minutes at best).
- Organising anything complicated becomes near impossible.

To be honest, the cognitive impairment seems global and overwhelming. The entire nervous system feels short-circuited. Perception, critical / analytical thinking and memory...they all go to hell.

Egordon

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 11:56:04 PM »
I second everything that everyone's saying. I used to have ALL these symptoms. And I still have them to some (very small extent). Niacin has helped a lot though!
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

Daniel

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 01:25:59 PM »
Hey guys, I'm wondering if anybody shares any of my cognitive symptoms. They have taken over my life.

I am always mentally absent in and out of POIS 24/7.
 My mind always feels like its asleep.
I have trouble:
-Thinking
-Dementia type stuff..Just sitting there forgetting what i was doing
-Very foggy
-Trouble Understanding what people are saying
-Forget the environment or scene im in (Cant do simple things with eyes closed, forget whats behind me)
-Emotions seem dulled because I cant focus and think about things
-Sometimes I just sit there and forget what i was doing like dementia type stuff I am unable to have conversation with people. My mind isnt on the conversation and sometimes I lose the ability to think for myself and blurt out a response in an attempt to end the the conversation. I get nervous when people are approaching me because I cant comprehend whats happening

I am unable to hold a conversation and am never at ease. This problem is worse in POIS but is a chronic problem on top of it. Can anybody relate to anything?

I aslo have these symtoms besides POIS. I t has quite some overlap with the symtoms of CFS (Chronic fatigue Syndrom)

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 03:56:15 PM »
I think that's a real consideration especially among those that are 24/7.

I fel that POISloads down the system and some end up with CFS as well as POIS. I think that we can develop other parallel illnesses as well as a result of the POIS drain. Whereas the POIS only lasts a week, it leaves us deficient and a chronic CFS or even depression can result, which lingers beyond the POIS.

This may only happen with some, who may have a propensity for the parallel illness.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Daniel

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 10:20:48 AM »
Yes, I agree. Probably other "awkward" diseases  can coincide with POIS. The question is of course: what comes first and in what manner they are connected?

Dirkstar

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 11:59:40 PM »
This is an old topic, but may draw some more attention due to its focus on cognitive symptoms.

I have experienced the above symptoms in connection with POIS and with Parkinson's Disease (PD) developed later. It is possible your symptoms are caused by depressed levels of dopamine, which may be related to sexual activity.