Author Topic: Progesterone  (Read 32331 times)

poised

Progesterone
« on: March 29, 2011, 07:36:42 PM »
I have tried drugs to increase testosterone levels, sometimes they alleviated POIS, nut generally it seems not to work for me.
I would like to give a try to some progesterone stuff. Progesterone is a precursor of some neuroactive steroids and testosterone, so a lack of it could be a cause of POIS.
Does anybody have any experience with trying progesterone?

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Progesterone
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 05:39:34 PM »
I have tried drugs to increase testosterone levels, sometimes they alleviated POIS, nut generally it seems not to work for me.
I would like to give a try to some progesterone stuff. Progesterone is a precursor of some neuroactive steroids and testosterone, so a lack of it could be a cause of POIS.

We have had numerous discussion regarding T/P, which I will now try very soon!

Some of our previous discussions regarding progesterone:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=progesterone+POIS+site:thenakedscientists.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a9acdcd2312857c2
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

UnderstandingPois

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 07:04:43 PM »
my phyciatrist was going to try me on it, but i was like hell no.

tantalus

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 08:37:40 AM »

I had a verry desparate weekend, today I got up almost as before i took Progesteron, I even  had energy til 15 hours. Fell in sleep in the chair til 22hours, and now a friend did ring at the door, we talk about the shock of my negative experience, in wich I was again so sick as before my desensibilisation. You can imagine, my dissapointment and my fear to have done something harmfull with my progress til now. I just celebrated, joined you here, by taking some yoghurt with cinnamon. e mediately I got a running nose. So even on the cinnamon ( I take every week)I react allergic too now after that progesteron adventure! my body is itching still. But in a few days the progesteron wil be fade away I suppose.
    But....every bad thing has it good side. Maybe its for future pois research of importance that this reaction happened*. Despite of the fact it helped others. For some it did help, for some not......most important is we all get the insight in the balance of this reaction. Does it harm most of us or just some! The fact my pois got so extreme negative instead that the progesteron  did just not help at all. (or even WOULD have helped) is golden info for future research. so its important to report here. Please everybody.....keep informing the forum, about pro and contra's, so later on statistics can derived from the experiences. Its absolutely not good and even harmfull if pro and contras get to much spread out in divers forums/categories. I must admit I did oversee a warning of someone that would have made me even delayed taking it. But better share the bad trip as to keep it still ( my doctor did know of my progesteron wish, but insisted to postpone it  till later) ...later later...a senior pois man does not want that word to exist enymore!....Or he better not exist longer  to meet the  'later'...so ?....I do not aspect he will be angry. I will let you know.

Although, I was extremely bitter this weekend because  progesteron was not my Salvator,...and Oops...  have later to confess my 'thing' to Waldinger c.s. I take the positive out of it.

I was not satisfied enymore with the result made already in the desensibilisation tour....But I never realised last years, how bad my pois  was before I started the cure. The bad progesteron trip  (brand: PRIMOLUT N) brought me in the old state of 7 hours sleep by day (14-20 hours)  back this weekend. I know now how bad it CAN get. Started 2 hours progesterone  5 mg before sex. 50 minutes after sex I got a runnung nose and itchy fingers in right hand, the nose I had only before in the first half (20 mOnths)  of the desentization cure, what was Already alarming. I took a tablet again [as described on the forum)hoped thebest but got verry warm. later i was so irritated i could not were underwere anymore . i could not tolelate my own weight on the mattress enymore. got agressif with my legs, had a strange mixture of pain and itch (neither exactly but a stange sensation in my legs (inner side nees which forced me to dance or trample my legs in bed to get rid of the torturing mix of itch and ?? (cannt explain in language) got skin bun like herpes prodromes, my urine smelled like zoo animals. and a not resisable sleep. Ofcourse i got sucicidal thougts becouse I never expected this.  This was my last hope, to get 100% cure (70 % desens and the  rest with  progesteron? ) Did not Dexters patient !! Why not me. Well, give someone me the e mail  of this doktor ;>) He should read this too.....would this down reaction disappear when I would continued? Better not without monitoring in a hospital so objective eyes would watch the effect and mayby blood samples are taken.

Having shared this.I make a new start now with you all as company. Thanks for your tips to linger on. Tell you later more about the interesting desensitisation tour.
And more about my pois managment. Yes ....its true we all manage the  firm POIS. How more we work together how sooner the firm itself can retire.
4 years desensitized, health progr. average 70%  top 90%, ,overreaction stops 3X (herpes+meningeal irritation, sideeffects towards end ( hyperacusis), stopped at 4to1, retrograde after stop,re-entry soon. negative progesterone effect pois. . (new supervised med. trial planned soon) Niacin not tried

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
Progesterone seemed to help just those who suffer from post coital headaches not from POIS.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 05:50:05 PM »
Thank you tantalus for your information.

Many of us try remedies because they have worked for others, without really understanding WHY they work, what is the mechanism.

When we know the mechanism, we can better understand why it works for one and not another.

AND/OR if we know WHY ot works we can be sure we adjust the dosage and administration method to suit OUR particular problem.

As we have found with niacin, just taking niacin is not enough. How you take it and how much you take, which type and ALL that are important.

It's interesting that the progesterone brought you back to early POIS stages (although hopefully just temporarily). This must mean something... we just have to interpret it properly.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »
Progesterone seemed to help just those who suffer from post coital headaches not from POIS.

Interesting point, thanks for that Starsky. Could be a good starting point in the evaluation of its influence.

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 07:04:18 PM »
i had bad reaction when i did multiple orgams on progesterone.

rock27

• NDL_Group
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 07:36:37 AM »
Tantalus,
welcome. I hope you're feeling better now. It might also have been a reaction to the progesterone, so when this has left your body, you're hopefully back to where you were.  Some sources on the web say progresterone is inflammatory (others say the opposite), so when you have it in your body, allergic reactions to other stuff (sperm) get more severe.

It might also be that you allergic to other substances (food) and that when you cure that, your reaction to sperm is better too.

FloppyBanana

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »

The above is not true. PLease read the medical paper fully and you can see the full list of symptoms at the end of the paper. It is not just a headache.
Thanks FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

FloppyBanana

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 02:15:52 PM »
I have an update which I would like to inform you about.

Through the POIS forum I obtained the paper "Benign coital headache relieved by partner?s pregnancies with implications for future treatment" and from this I contacted the author Dr Dexter.
After an hour appointment he proscribed norethisterone. After trailing this for a couple of weeks I was able to massively reduce the effects of POIS.

I found that after ejaculation I would need to take 2x 5 mg norethisterone then once daily from the following day for 3 days (the following days was absolutely needed). This reduced symptoms by approximately 95%.

I also had a skin prick allergy test of my own semen this week. The results were negative. At the time of testing I was not taking any medication (or a week before the test).

I am someone who experiences POIS for 7 days after one O (also have PE). I have had POIS for 24 years, so, this is a very big breakthrough for me. It also seems that I'm in the minority as most people that have POIS test positive to the semen allergy test.

FloppyBanana

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 02:26:15 PM »
I also found a very effective cheap remedy for PE. I have not posted it here in case anyone thinks this is ambush marketing or inappropriate for this forum. However; I do believe this can help POIS suffers by only needing one O in a session. I personally believe semen is the essence of the body and you should not go shooting off all over the place, even if you don't have POIS.

I am very grateful for existence of this forum as it helped me find a very effective POIS solution. From researching this topic for quite some time I realised my POIS symptoms were at the most severe end of the scale (time and number of symptoms). It is still early days with the use of norethisterone (progesterone). I have been using for two weeks and will provide any important updates to the group if needed.

All the best (not so) FB

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 03:01:52 PM »

We have had numerous discussion regarding T/P, which I will now try very soon!

Some of our previous discussions regarding progesterone:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=progesterone+POIS+site:thenakedscientists.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a9acdcd2312857c2

I tried norethisterone (progesterone) with my TRT, (the infamous T/P theory back then) with my doc's approval.

Bad side effects, so I quit after 4 days.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44:25 AM »
FloppyBanana, could you provide us with a complete list of your specific POIS symptoms?
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

FloppyBanana

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 01:33:22 PM »
Hi V,
I don't know where to start with that question. I have to summarise it I'm afraid. I have read the study papers and some of the sharings on this forum and I can relate to nearly all of what people experience (remedy side effects aside). I have not had a swollen lip (allergic reaction) after O like one person though. One thing which I have which I have not noticed other people share about is the effect of CAFFEINE. If I have caffeine with 7 days of O I feel really sick (headache, empty feeling around stomach). After the 7 days I can carry on drinking coffee again. Cardiovascular exercise seems to have a similar problem within the 7 days.  I have had bad symptoms in the last 5 years of Diarrhea (within this 7 day period). So in summary Diarrhea, muscle fatigue and cognitive impairment are the main symptoms which leads to an all round confused and frustrated person.

I don't like the idea of taking Progesterone long terms but at present there is no other option to relieve symptoms unless I abstain. I was advise by a Doctor that one patient had taken Progesterone for 2.5 years. This leads to guess it is most likely the person who is referred to in the study paper dated 2010. We do not know what the long terms effects could be.
Sorry for not providing a complete assessment but even after an hour speaking with a Doctor I felt like I was only touching the iceberg of 24 years of POIS (since puberty).

I would interested if there any other people who are the same type as me or similar: NOT allergic to semen, progesterone relieves PIOS, and has PE, PPOIS symptoms last 7 days. I would like to know what remedies these similar people have tried and there progress.
All the best - FB

Vincent M

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 11:23:26 AM »
Thanks for your response. Two of my worst POIS symptoms are joint pain and eye burning so I'm always looking for other POIS sufferers with those symptoms.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 07:23:43 AM »
Thanks for your response. Two of my worst POIS symptoms are joint pain and eye burning so I'm always looking for other POIS sufferers with those symptoms.

For me, a B-Complex about 8 hrs after orgasm helps the joint pain.

I take one 8 hrs after and another on the next day.

Vincent M

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 01:07:27 PM »
Thanks Daveman. I responded in the vitamin supplementation-kurtosis method thread with my report on my B-Complex trial.

LAPOISSE

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »
I have an update which I would like to inform you about.

Through the POIS forum I obtained the paper "Benign coital headache relieved by partner?s pregnancies with implications for future treatment" and from this I contacted the author Dr Dexter.
After an hour appointment he proscribed norethisterone. After trailing this for a couple of weeks I was able to massively reduce the effects of POIS.

I found that after ejaculation I would need to take 2x 5 mg norethisterone then once daily from the following day for 3 days (the following days was absolutely needed). This reduced symptoms by approximately 95%.

I also had a skin prick allergy test of my own semen this week. The results were negative. At the time of testing I was not taking any medication (or a week before the test).

I am someone who experiences POIS for 7 days after one O (also have PE). I have had POIS for 24 years, so, this is a very big breakthrough for me. It also seems that I'm in the minority as most people that have POIS test positive to the semen allergy test.

Hi FB,

I'm same kind as you ; No allergic reaction, not allergic person at all ; In the dexter paper, we can definitly notice that the symtoms described are POIS ;

I'm asking myself if progesterone(witch is linked to testosterone production) is the root cause or if you just treat an important symtom ; I see POIS now like a chain reaction ;

My GF use real progesteron right now (UTROGESTAN) ; its 200mg caps for fertility problem ; I really consider trying ; I just don't know what dosage to take (I know what some are gonna think but I don't want to loose time trying to explain to a doc why I need to try that and making my research i'm sure it's not gonna kill me...According to dexter paper, Merck claims that norethisterone wasn't dangerous for men)

So FB ; how long have you been taking norethisterone ? is there any side effect ? Thank you for sharing with us ; I think it's very promising at least for some of us

FloppyBanana

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 02:24:24 PM »
Hi LAPOISSE,
I have continued to take Noritheristerone and there has been no noticeable bad side effects.It seems that I need to take more than average over a period of 4 days to have no symptoms. For one O I have to take 6 tablets over 4 days (2,2,1,1 amounts each day). (2 O's 8 tablets 6 days). I asked Dr Dexter how it works and he has no idea. It seems so strange to me that neurosteroid can prevent all the symptoms I get all over my body. The brain fog is the most distressing and noritheristerone stops it for me. I tried taking less than 6 tablets per O a few times and I get a headache which is like nothing I have ever experienced before. I have to avoid taking caffeine when on the medication as well, otherwise I feel restless for days. I still only have sex once or twice every 3 weeks.

Apparently this drug is safe to use for a person in good heath between the age of 18-70. I had to sign a document to say that I take my life in my own hands basically when using the medication. I still very cautious about take the medication too much.
FloppyBanana