Author Topic: Carbs and POIS  (Read 2495 times)

s1mler

Carbs and POIS
« on: November 06, 2014, 11:30:12 AM »
From my testing reducing carbs great improves POIS.

When i used to eat lots of wheat, rice, potatoes days(s) after sex were devastating for me.
Now when i eat none of them i am doing my better.
BUT going very low carb(avocados are the only carb source i am currently eating) have its own negatives - lower energy, worse mood, etc.

Guys(especially b_jim) i've read you claim that reducing sugar(carbs) had great impact on you symptoms, but how does your diet look right now? Do you consume carbs? Or it's 0 carb/keto?

b_jim

Re: Carbs and POIS
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 01:13:11 PM »
Hi S1mler and welcome

A french friend recommand to me to stop carbs in 2008 and it changed my life. Pois was quickly reduce by 50%.
After ejaculation, if I take lot of sugar/white rice/bread I have "flu-like" symptoms 30 min after meal (=> hot flashes).
A scientific study show 75g of glucose = 25% less testosterone and i think it may explain the symptoms (ejaculation + insuline = temporal hypogonadism or andropause-like symptoms).

Now i follow a moderate low carb diet. I take white rice and bread. But very few bad carbs like sugar, sodas, cakes, "junk food"... I eat a lot of fruit.
 Because I found another supplement to improve it : 500mg of taurine a day. It counters the flu-like symptoms. Since many years, i have a reduction of symptoms when I eat fish like salmon.
I try to take supplement to found what is the element in fish causing the improvement : vitamin D, omega-3, vitamins B(x), astaxanthin... The answer is taurine.
I recommand to test taurine for all poisers with these symptoms :

- sensible to carbs, hot flashes after meal in Pois
- muscle tremors/fasciculation
- muscle weakness after orgasm
- premature ejaculation (!!! I know, it's strange but I honestly find an improvement with taurine).

I can't promise 100% it will cure Pois but the probability is nice. The supplement cost about 15-20 $. If you don"t want supplement, you can make a "fish diet"  during a week or 2 (salmon, mussels, macquerels....) Fish in rich in taurine.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:24:52 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois