Author Topic: All POIS Studies/ How many are there?  (Read 4262 times)

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
All POIS Studies/ How many are there?
« on: September 23, 2014, 08:34:33 PM »
Does anyone have all of the POIS research that has been done? I am aware of 3 studies to date. i have found one full article online and two partials. Does anyone have all of the full academic article or know where I can access them? Thanks guys.

One in 2002

One in 2010

One in 2011

Am I correct because I suspect there are at least two more studies which POIS is included... Input/information?
37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

Stef

Re: All POIS Studies/ How many are there?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »
Does anyone have all of the POIS research that has been done? I am aware of 3 studies to date. i have found one full article online and two partials. Does anyone have all of the full academic article or know where I can access them? Thanks guys.

One in 2002

One in 2010

One in 2011

Am I correct because I suspect there are at least two more studies which POIS is included... Input/information?

Hi, Andy451--

I'll remind demo about your request for this info.  I think he's got all the complete pdfs and the list of articles/studies to date, and knows how to send them via forum mail (unlike myself -- I can't figure out how to attach articles).

I'm aware of an article that goes back to 1976! It's by Drs. Ashby and Goldmeier from the UK, in a pdf file. (I've attached it here, hoping it's not too large to attach.)

Also, here's a link to a poster presentation from May, 2013, by a group of andrologists from Egypt -- http://m.f1000research.com/articles/2-113/v1. They had requested to publish it as a case report in the International Journal of Sexual Medicine (ISSM).  You'll see that it was approved "with reservation" by all reviewers except Dr. Waldinger and his then-partner, Dr. Schweitzer.

Stef

FloppyBanana

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 05:32:19 PM »
There is also a paper called "Benign coital headache relieved by partner?s pregnancies with implications for future treatment" by Dr S Dexter. Dr D believes Benign coital headache and POIS are the same condition. Dr D told me he knew about the condition in the 1980's as he wrote an article in a London newspaper about headaches after sex and he got lots of responses reporting headaches and lots of different types of fatigue symptoms.

If you refer to the full list of symptoms list at the back of his Benign coital headache medical report you will see it's certainly not just a headache.

See attached a copy of the report. Also note my footer:-)

FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Andy451

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 06:37:14 PM »
Thanks guys!

This makes my life way easier. I suspected there was one from the 70s, but must check out the "benign coital headache"  ;)- I wonder what that is...

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

FloppyBanana

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 03:43:49 AM »
hmm...I just realised only the first page was uploaded of that paper. Best to contact Admin for the full papers.
FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Andy451

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 01:59:23 PM »
hmm...I just realised only the first page was uploaded of that paper. Best to contact Admin for the full papers.
FB

Thanks floppy! I will see what I can do...

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 02:08:45 PM »
If anyone wants the 5 POIS papers, PM to me your ***email*** address.

(Can't attach pdf's without email -- thanx, demo)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 02:12:26 PM »
And don't forget, at YouTube:

Mat780's "POISChannel"

http://m.youtube.com/user/POISchannel

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:16:27 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Andy451

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 03:56:51 PM »
I have seen two of these Demo, but thanks for the rest. That is very helpful...

superfrancais

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 05:23:03 AM »
I'm aware of an article that goes back to 1976! It's by Drs. Ashby and Goldmeier from the UK, in a pdf file. (I've attached it here, hoping it's not too large to attach.)

Just a little remark: the paper from Ashby and Goldmeier mentioned by Stef and attached to her post was actually published in 2010. 1976 is the page number inside the journal.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2010.01707.x/abstract
20 years of both mental and physical symptoms after love, chronic fatigue and depression even with abstinence, French (Lyon)