Author Topic: Re: Applications for participation in Dr. K's POIS study  (Read 78911 times)

Stef

Re: Applications for participation in Dr. K's POIS study
« on: September 17, 2014, 10:14:36 AM »
Hi, All --

For those of you who will be applying for participation in Dr. Komisaruk's study, the following will be required in your initial applications:

A) A hard copy of the consent form, filled in with the requested information and signed in the appropriate spot;

B) There will be two separate questionnaires: a symptom questionnaire and a medical history questionnaire.
Dr. Komisaruk will be sending those two finalized questionnaires ASAP and we'll immediately post them on this site. Hopefully they'll arrive within the next week, at the latest.

(***Please note -- the "draft" questionnaires that were posted in early July, that had been provided to demo during his visit with Dr. K, are NOT the finalized versions of the questionnaires. We'll be posting the finalized questionnaires as soon as they're received. They are an integral part of your application.)

There may be little to no difference in the finalized, IRB-approved questionnaires -- but those approved questionnaires are what you'll need to print out, fill out, and send  -- along with your signed consent form.

Completed applications are to be mailed via regular postal mail or via Fed Ex directly to Dr. Komisaruk at--

Professor Barry Komisaruk, PhD
Department of Psychology
Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey
101 Warren Street
Newark, NJ 07102
USA

Individual questions can be sent via email to Dr. Komisaruk:
brk@psychology.rutgers.edu

Best wishes,
Stef

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:09:51 PM by Stef »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 07:50:36 PM »

"Thank you, Stef!!!!"

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Nightingale

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:57:54 PM »
Getting my envelope ready now!
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Prancer

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »
Thanks Stef! Fortunately, the research is happening where many people live (very dense population). I bet there could be hundreds or more poisers close by. They won't have to travel very far. Some nearby poisers like daropac are getting excited & even asking about volunteering already! Nightingale's getting ready too! So fantastic. Verrrry excited!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 11:56:21 PM »
Wonderfully encouraging insight, Prancer!

Thank you !
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 11:57:04 PM »

daropac

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 06:56:18 PM »
Thanks Stef! Fortunately, the research is happening where many people live (very dense population). I bet there could be hundreds or more poisers close by. They won't have to travel very far. Some nearby poisers like daropac are getting excited & even asking about volunteering already! Nightingale's getting ready too! So fantastic. Verrrry excited!

Very excited.  I reached out to Dr. K regarding timing as while I do live near Newark (I live in Manhattan), I work in Finance and my hours are a bit crazy.   Dr. K alluded to the fact that it should not be an issue if everything else checks out on my application.   I'm more than happy to help and provide as much transparency to those who can't make it to Newark as possible (to the extent it is is allowed).   But yeah, pretty pumped about the news.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 11:40:09 PM »

Very excited.  I reached out to Dr. K regarding timing as while I do live near Newark (I live in Manhattan), I work in Finance and my hours are a bit crazy.   Dr. K alluded to the fact that it should not be an issue if everything else checks out on my application.   I'm more than happy to help and provide as much transparency to those who can't make it to Newark as possible (to the extent it is is allowed).   But yeah, pretty pumped about the news.

GREAT NEWS! :)

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 06:04:43 AM »
THANKS ALOT ....
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »
I'm ready to answer and do the study... I need a time and date for this study so I can plan.

This is the tread I assume the questioner will be posted, correct?

:)
37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 05:44:41 PM »
I'm ready to answer and do the study... I need a time and date for this study so I can plan.

This is the tread I assume the questioner will be posted, correct?

:)

Yes one of us will post on this thread.

Thanks for your patience, Andy.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 01:49:29 PM »
Dr Komisaruk contacted Stef today and said these are ok! (Loading slowly today following this one)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:22:56 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 01:52:25 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »

Stef

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 05:32:08 PM »
Hi All --

While demo continues his efforts to post the 4 required questionnaires, I want to mention that there will be some very brief, easy instructions about them, posted afterward.

I also think that demo has a trick up his sleeve that will enable you to print out the questionnaires. They must accompany your study applications.

Stay tuned!

Stef

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 05:35:52 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 05:39:50 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 06:07:17 PM »