Author Topic: am i the only one  (Read 5868 times)

Labyrinth

am i the only one
« on: September 14, 2014, 08:05:39 AM »
i feel am the only one who developed multiple food allergies , i ant be tolerated even with abstienence for 7 days or more still i have carbs and poultry allergy , i cant sleep at night after ingesting them and they cause wet dreams at night and then a visious cycle of POIS !!! , my allergy looks like brain allergy only the brain is affected with it
POIS of 10 yrs now

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
Re: am i the only one
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 10:15:20 PM »
i feel am the only one who developed multiple food allergies , i ant be tolerated even with abstienence for 7 days or more still i have carbs and poultry allergy , i cant sleep at night after ingesting them and they cause wet dreams at night and then a visious cycle of POIS !!! , my allergy looks like brain allergy only the brain is affected with it

I have had this happen to me Labyrinth. I comes and goes, yet lasts for months. When I am in a holding pattern where symptoms are not calming and I have too much sex I have had this. At age 16 for 6months, age 23 for6months and now for 5 so far (hopefully one month left).. The medications Depakote and Oxcarbazipine have helped in the past (antisezure/ Psych meds). They make you have an appitite, increase sensation and reduce pain related to food.

Carbs can do it for sure! Especially gluten and other complex carbs. I have lost 40lbs sometimes because I couldn't tolerate so many types of food I wasn't eating enough (ex. I am 160lbs right and 6ft 2 and am normally about 175lb).

It is not just you. I feel allergic to many types of foods intermittently. It comes and goes which means it is likely POIS and not a true allergy...

Your not alone. I feel your pain. 
37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

Labyrinth

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 11:01:57 PM »
For me it is continous , it never fades away
POIS of 10 yrs now

Andy451

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 06:17:08 AM »
For me it is continous , it never fades away

I know; me too. It never truly goes away, which is why I mentioned the two medications that I did- which can help with that in the long run.

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

FloppyBanana

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 06:51:05 AM »
I developed severe intolerance to wheat and lactose a few years back. I feel so much better now and I don't have hardly any fat on me. POIS still hits like a bus though.
FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Labyrinth

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 07:45:59 AM »
now am intolerant to wheat and rice , potatoes  , tapioca and starch , it has destroyed my life completely i cant sleeep at night i feel something strange is floating and disturbing my brain , and i feel completely well when am eating only fruits and some kinds of vegetables with a little bit of meat my symptoms decrease by 60 % when am on this diet , cant eat broccoli :( does this happens to you 
POIS of 10 yrs now

Labyrinth

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 07:48:09 AM »
if you find that this is similar to your condition can you give me exactly what are the medication you are on so far , why dr prescribed them for you , thank you man so much you gave me hope
POIS of 10 yrs now

Andy451

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 10:57:37 AM »
if you find that this is similar to your condition can you give me exactly what are the medication you are on so far , why dr prescribed them for you , thank you man so much you gave me hope

Right now I take 45mg buspar which is a long term not addictive anti-anxiety med. It helps with my neuropathy (tingling/burning),slows my palpitations. Buspar is sometimes given to women with bad PMS and the doc I see said it may help w/ the POIS. Also, 1200-1800mg oxcarbazepine, which helps with neuropathy  related to POIS and food and allows me to eat better.

I used to take depakote for 10yrs at 1000mg and then 2000mg, which helped with all of the above and put some weight on me.

You can only take depakote or oxcarbazepine not both at the same time, they are too powerful and do similar things. Yet, you can add buspar to the oxcarbazipine in particular, maybe depakote depending on how much the depakote helps.

Both depakote and oxcarbazepine are anti-sezure meds which may fit with the new hypothesis about POIS. These are the only psych drugs that have ever wkd on me after trying about 30 over 12yrs. The class that cross over to mind/body illness but specifically antiseizure drugs. Btwn, if you get bad muscle tension this will help significantly.   

While taking these meds I could slowly but surely tolerate foods again that were completely intolerable. On two separate occasions in my life I stopped eating for days because of this shit; I know how horrible this can be. And I have felt that odd sensation in my head while laying down... It makes you want to die or run- like your crawling out of your skin/mind...

Hang in there and inquire about these meds- they have helped me more than anything. Your symptoms sound extreme like mine. I know your pain, trust me. You must talk to a good psychiatrist or neurologist for these meds, one that would understand that POIS isn't in your head, but that it makes our head bad because of the pain. Also, be as descriptive and precise as you can and bring in literature about POIS so they know your not nuts..

I can msg you more info about these meds and dosing if you need it. But, I am not a doctor and everyone is diff.

Labyrinth

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 11:07:20 AM »
I cant thank you enough and am sorry for late reply and am sorry for you it seems u have passed through difficult times with the beast of pois , i will take an appointment with a neurologist i already felt a relief with anticholinergic agent but still there is a significan problem with sleeping and pressure on nerves of my head ,
POIS of 10 yrs now

Andy451

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 01:31:44 PM »
I cant thank you enough and am sorry for late reply and am sorry for you it seems u have passed through difficult times with the beast of pois , i will take an appointment with a neurologist i already felt a relief with anticholinergic agent but still there is a significan problem with sleeping and pressure on nerves of my head ,

Np. I have had this since 12yrs old and chronically (it never goes away and is not exclusive to sex). You may need a sleep med, but be careful with those because they make you do strange things or more depressed sometimes (talk to the doctor and make sure they understand POIS and you).

Another thing that helps me with sleep and actually wks is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEXlScN9AO0

It is sleep meditation for depression sufferers. It actually wks as corny as it is.

Labyrinth

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 01:39:30 PM »
Believe me am already doing strange things after nightmare of sleep , i avoid food 6 hours before sleep , i have messaged you could you plz answer my questions regarding marriage and social life !
POIS of 10 yrs now

Going less Crazy

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 02:43:34 AM »
Labyrinth i feel like u r describing my pois!  i cannot tolerate carbs whatsoever and they do prevent me from sleeping.  pois also never truly fully goes away.  what has helped me is described in my bio.  feels like truly an immune system disorder.  i also imagine i have a disease but i tell u it is not worth searching the internet on those, theyll only cause anxiety.  what disease do u know that is specifically related to orgasm?  none . . except POIS.  ive been on antibiotics and all to no avail and u know what makes me feel completely normal?  being actually sick which def indicates an immune system disorder.  and dont worry nobody hates u its just the pois that makes u feel this way.  if u do follow my bio id also suggest no touching yourself except that special day when u decide to O. i do it once a week and it has helped immensely
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily