Author Topic: Could i have POIS?  (Read 24642 times)

Vandemolen

Re: Could i have POIS?
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »
Yes food can play a role. When I am in POIS I can't eat milk products. I use lactose free milk. But out of POIS I don't have problem with yoghurt and other milk products.

In the last paper of dr. Waldinger the spoke about 30 people I think. Maybe now 40 or 50? I think this will increase about a few months.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Bream

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 08:16:40 AM »
Do you also know what the success percentage is?
And where do you get the treatments, in Utrecht or Den Haag. I live in the east part of Holland and really hate travelling is a POIS state, so Utrecht saves me up to 2 hours.

Vandemolen

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 08:47:44 AM »
Do you also know what the success percentage is?
And where do you get the treatments, in Utrecht or Den Haag. I live in the east part of Holland and really hate travelling is a POIS state, so Utrecht saves me up to 2 hours.
There are people from England, France and Germany who want to get a treatment in the Netherlands... You only get an injection once in 5 weeks.
You have to contact dr. Waldinger for the details. But is a high percentage.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:52:46 AM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Bream

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 02:34:36 AM »
Day 29 but still no improvement. I'm starting to doubt if it is POIS, something else or a combination. I think i didn't have any NE's, that would not go unnoticed would it?

Howmany weeks of abstinence would you guys recommend to be able to draw any conclusion?

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 10:10:56 AM »
Day 29 but still no improvement. I'm starting to doubt if it is POIS, something else or a combination. I think i didn't have any NE's, that would not go unnoticed would it?

Howmany weeks of abstinence would you guys recommend to be able to draw any conclusion?

There has been NO improvement in anything?

If you have never gone with abstenance, it could easily take 8 wks. but I would have thought that you should be seeing at least a little improvement.

I read back your thread. One suggestion is to look at another approach to the testosterone. As I understand it the type you took has a history of requiring larger doses and is less effective.

The best have been daily patches, you could look up demografx's treatment to see what seems to be the best method and type. (We are not all the same of course), but don't take the testosterone path as a failure just becaus the Anderol (was that the name?) didn't work.

Many of us are worse at night, whereas you seem to get better in the night. This could also have to do with testosterone cycles perhaps.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:30:58 AM by Daveman »
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Bream

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 12:08:17 PM »
Thanks Daveman. Well, maybe a slight improvement, but all still in the usual range. I've been taking fenugreek and garlic every day and i'm trying to improve the quality of my sleep. Also i've been cutting back on coffee for a week now, since i react rather strong to that. I didn't drink much before, 2 cups with 50% caffein, but i'm now on 0 or 1 cups of 50%.

Ok, i'll go up to 8 weeks first. Main thing for me is to know whether it is POIS or not. As soon as i know more i'll see my doctor and have my testosterone checked. Andriol was the name i tried before but i'll ask for the patches then.

Willem

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »
Hi Bream, Sorry you haven't noticed any improvement.  Sometimes after about 7 days I start feeling great.  I would guess that if I had three weeks without O or NE I would be feeling awesome.  You'd definitely notice if you had an NE.  Good luck.

Bream

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 06:14:41 AM »
Thanks Willem. As Daveman said, the first time could take longer to recover. 34 years of inflammation could have taken it's toll.
Abstinence sofar has been no problem at all, it seems to have fallen asleep down there. Maybe it just needs a well deserved rest for a bit  ;)

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 08:46:05 AM »
Hey Bream,

Haven't heard from you for a while. How is it going? Have you decided you don't have POIS?

Have you gone back to "sex". Any change?

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Bream

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »
Hi Daveman, thanks for asking.

It's 7 weeks next friday, but no improvement yet. So i'm still not sure if it is POIS.
I will complete the 8 weeks and see what happens then after an O. Hope it still works, haha!

I'm still reading bits and pieces on the NSF. There are even for non-POIS people with brainfog interesting things to read.

Bream

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »
It's 8 weeks and 3 days now. Feeling a wee bit better but no spectacular improvement yet.

One thing i have notices that my feet are warmer, especially at night. They almost feel like glowing, this started on day 4.
I've had cold hands and feet as long as i can remember, even during summer.
First i thought it was the garlic or fenugreek, but i haven't taken that for 2 weeks now.
Even my masseuse noticed my warm feet last week.

Has anyone have this experience?

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 06:02:36 PM »
Well 8 weeks should about have anything out of your system.

Perhaps time to get back on the bus and see what happens.

Maybe 1 one day and another the next. Sometimes a gradual slow change you don't notice as much.

But if you do it again a couple of times and you still don't feel the wollop, then maybe you have something else.

I'd hate to lose you here though, but I can't wish POIS on you just to keep you here!!  :D :D

Bream

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 08:55:02 AM »
Yes, maybe it's time to get back on the horse (as a matter of speech  ;)).

It's been a learnful experience anyway to notice i am not that dependable on O's as i thought i would be.
I'll give it a go in the next few days and will report here.

Bream

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 04:26:38 PM »
Ok,  a week ago i started to O again every night. First time was a bit strange, not unpleasant but there was this burning sensation for about 15 minutes. After that the O's went ok.

I felt rather fine on day 1, but since day 2 the bain has been rather fogged up. However i still can't say if it's POIS related or not, things always fluctuate.  Yesrterday i went back into abstinence to see what happens in the next week. 2 months ago day 5 and especially day 6 were bad. Report follows soon.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 04:36:30 PM »
Hey Bream, I was thinking about you just this morning wondering how it went!

You're pretty lucky you can do it every day, that's for sure.

So it's either POIS just starting, but if you've been this way for a while, it may be Sexual exhaustion...

Anyways let's see how it goes in the next week.

Mixed emotions! If it's not POIS, that would be great, but then you would have to keep up the search to find out what it is.

Anyways, like POIS or sexual exhaustion or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or some other similar thing, many of the things that help are similar.

Bream

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2011, 02:40:48 PM »
Thanks Daveman. Maybe ejeculations are just one of the factors taking me down, this is at least true with daytime O's.
I'll have to read some more about SE and see what that's all about.

Bream

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2011, 02:31:48 PM »
It looks like POIS IS an important part of the problem.
About a week and a half ago i went back into abstinence. Day 4 i felt bad and day 5 even worse. Like someone injected some kind of poison into my brain, a very weird feeling. Day 6 things cleared up somewhat, to about the same level it took my first abstinence about 8 weeks.

During the first abstinence day 5 and 6 were also this bad, the same poison injected feeling.

Another observation: day 6 i baked a sweet dade cake and right after the first piece i felt worse again. Not the poison feeling but more tired and fogged.
Since then i'm avoiding high glycemic foods and i'm starting to feel better now, more energy, focus and motivation.

I'm still somewhat tired but i'm doing more than usual and i think it all needs more time as i suspect my adrenals have been weakened.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2011, 09:52:17 PM »
Thanks for the report Bream.

I was having a discussion outside of the forums about how difficult it is to diagnose POIS, especially for someone who hasn't heard anything about it..... just trying to make their own decisions based on how they feel.

The cycle is long, and the effect is at times days away from the cause. It's no wonder that so few are actually diagnosed.

I wouldn't be surprised that at some point when POIS is more well known, that the numbers will be much more than they are now.

Bream

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 02:19:23 PM »
Indeed, when i O at night i have no reaction whatsoever. Even the next day is still fine, so in some cases i can imagine it's difficult for people to make the connection, especially when it really kicks in after 4 or 5 days. If unregognized and untreated for many years POIS may cause more damage to the body, directly or indirectly, which makes the puzzle even more complex.

I am now trying to figure out if arousal can cause POIS-symptoms. I hope it doesn't because that's alot harder to control than O's.   :-\

Bream

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 08:03:22 AM »
Since my last post i seem to have fallen back into some sort of POIS: tired, fogged, down and weird sensation in my head. My last O was 2,5 weeks ago.
I did have a lively erotic dream last week, but no NE, i never had that exept for one or two time in early puberty. Following nights i had some erections when i woke up in the middle of the night. Today i started taking saw palmetto pills to reduce my unvoluntairy libido. I hope this will help.

Also, yesterday i had some dust clouds in my urine, i haven't had that for a long time. No relief after that thought (i never had i think).