Author Topic: The Taurine laboratory  (Read 127992 times)

b_jim

Re: The Taurine laboratory
« Reply #260 on: December 19, 2019, 12:13:37 PM »
Yes, but you, b_jim, brought this taurine therapy “invention” to the POIS community!
I thought u tried taurine it because u noticed salmon was helping you. Since omega 3 dont help, u thought it had to be taurine in the fish

Ah yes thanks !
Bjim that is interesting about a lyme diagnosis. What other symptoms did you have outside of POIS that led you to lyme testing? Have you taken antibiotic treatment? 

Muscles tremors, cold/hot intolerence, trouble breathings, and anxiety. Don't forget to ask Elisa test in your next bloodtest.

I'm taking antibiotics now (Rocéphine). I hope to beat this disease. Then, will it cure my Pois ? I hope!

Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Cursed

« Reply #261 on: February 02, 2020, 11:04:10 AM »
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for those who discovered taurine. It's really helping me a lot. I would have never expected it. I have ME/CFS and POIS. I'm fairly certain that most of my problems are in the gut and taurine is helping with food intolerances, digestion, and pretty much all the symptoms that I have. Phenomenal. I still have strong brain fog after ejaculation and other symptoms, but they're all greatly reduced, and I can actually use my muscles. I have A LOT less weakness in my muscles and they seem to be recovering normally after light exercise.

Also, previously I couldn't tolerate anything that has fiber in it, but now I can eat small ammounts of it (like bananas) and it's actually helping my gut symptoms. Especially when  out of POIS. I can think much better, my mood is better. Overall, this is a significant improvement in my well being.

ETA: I have symotoms all the time, not just after ejaculation. Taurine has reduced both, my symptoms in general and POIS severity. I still can't work though, but at least I can do much more research.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 11:06:59 AM by Cursed »

b_jim

« Reply #262 on: February 02, 2020, 05:28:29 PM »
I'm happy to read such a positive answer.
I take taurine since 2014 .... and still don't know how does it work !

I currently looking for link between mitochondrias and Pois. When I take sugar it increases my symptoms. I wonder if this sugar go into cells and refuels and activates mitochonfrial activity.

About bananas we have a recipe in France called miam-o-fruit.
You crush 1 or 2 bananas in a plate with a fork. And you let the bananas exposed to oxygen. After 5 min bananas are oxydised and it's very easy to digest. Some guys think it helps to repair Intestinal villus. Then you add some fruits (apples.... blueberries...à and cereals like crushed flax or almonds....

About gut I currently testing vegetable juice (after my meds for lyme I"ve lost 5 kg :/ ). So what you wrote about fibers is very interesting for me. A doctor said me maybe I have troubles to digest fibers. Vegetables juice is a good option (juicing removes fibers).

Other options for gut restoration are L-Glutamine and citruline. But some guys think abusing L-Glutamine can lead to cancer :/
One of my favorite recipe is chicken bones soup. Very rich in glutamine and collagen.
When I took it in the past my general health and Pois seemed much better.
But maybe I abuse of this.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 05:39:39 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #263 on: February 02, 2020, 05:51:58 PM »

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for those who discovered taurine.

Cursed, b_jim has been taurine’s chief proponent for YEARS
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 09:38:58 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2020, 04:52:59 AM »
For the moment I don't know if my lyme and my Pois are linked.
So I consider myself as a Pois sufferer.
--

EPILEPSY - POIS ?

I'm thinking what about Cursed wrote below...

If I look a what strong argument I have I can say TWO factors clearly influence my Pois :

1/ Sugar
2/ Taurine

So I often search how to link them.
Testoserone or dopamine are possible answers....

But I just watch a documentary about epilepsy and cetogenic diet. Clearly cetogenic diet improves epilepsy symptoms of lot of sufferers.

For the taurine scientific studies show a clear anti-epilepctic effect.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12908638
Taurine reduced kainic acid  seizure effect by Gaba receptor modulation

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaneurology/article-abstract/572649
Preliminary experiments in human epileptic subjects confirm the anticonvulsive effect of taurine. These results justify controlled therapeutic trials of taurine and detailed biochemical studies of zinc metabolism in human epilepsy.

The last point could be glutamine. It's only my point of view and experience.
But it might be possible that bone soup (chicken bone soup) seems to reduce my Pois symptoms too. Glutamine is a cofactor of Gaba neurotransmitter. I'm not sure of this last point.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:02:02 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #265 on: February 09, 2020, 11:41:33 AM »
Taurine is a GABA receptor agonist. See figure 1, neuronal systems can apply an inhibitory effect on mast cells via GABA. Taurine could potentially stabilize mast cells in some ways. We need an expert to confirm this statement though.

Neuroendocrinology of mast cells: Challenges and controversies

b_jim

« Reply #266 on: February 12, 2020, 03:36:46 PM »
I see the colossal work you do about mast cells. Thanks.
I admit I've not a clear opinion about this for the moment.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #267 on: February 12, 2020, 06:31:17 PM »
Everyone, please feel free to continue posting. The computer problems were at Liberos, not here at POISCenter
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #268 on: February 13, 2020, 04:05:49 PM »
Over the years niacin’s effectiveness has diminished, and taurine has been a great replacement. I usually take 1.5g of taurine before sleep for a deeper more restful sleep. Fyi

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: February 13, 2020, 04:15:53 PM »
Interesting, Limejuice

Mushnikk

« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2020, 05:25:21 PM »
Over the years niacin’s effectiveness has diminished, and taurine has been a great replacement. I usually take 1.5g of taurine before sleep for a deeper more restful sleep. Fyi

And how much how long prior to O?

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: February 13, 2020, 10:56:11 PM »

And how much how long prior to O?

I don't take taurine prior to O, but use it prior to sleep for three nights after O.  I should experiment with taurine more like testing before O, etc. Bjim and this thread has a lot of good information.

Investigator

« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2020, 04:11:11 AM »

Don't forget to ask Elisa test in your next bloodtest.

B_jim, what is the best way to test for lyme disease? I read controversial stuff on the internet. Do you mean Elisa test for lyme disease? I've done Melisa tests for metal allergies (found strong positive reaction to mercury), but I also want to test for lyme.

I have not tried taurine yet, but garlic before O and a few days after helps me a lot. I actually stopped eating fish because of the mercury, once I decided maybe my POIS is due to mercury hypersensitivity/toxicity. But now I am reading your posts from 2014 and 2015 and plan to try taurine. Updates will follow.

Also, I read that lack of taurine can be a cause of oxidative stress. I've done an oxidtive stress test and while my glutathione was within normal range, the oxidative stress was high. Is there a way to test for taurine (like a blood/urine test or something)?

Cursed

« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2020, 01:46:08 PM »
Some interesting ideas about taurine and intestinal barrier in this paper (in mice...). It's open access:

"A human-origin probiotic cocktail ameliorates aging-related leaky gut and inflammation via modulating microbiota-taurine-tight junction axis"
https://insight.jci.org/articles/view/132055

"Mechanistically, probiotics modulated microbiota in a way to increases bile salt hydrolase activity, which in turn increased taurine abundance in the gut that stimulated tight junctions and suppressed gut leakiness. Further, in Caenorhabditis elegans, taurine increased life span, reduced adiposity and leaky gut, and enhanced physical function. The results suggest that such probiotic therapies could prevent or treat aging-related leaky gut and inflammation in elderly."

b_jim

« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2020, 03:20:16 PM »
Hi. Sorry I left the forum for a long time. I was very anxious because of coronavirus. It seems the situation slowly goes back to the normal now.

Investigator : the tests are not very sensible. If you have a low infection by borrelia tests may be negative.
That's the problem.
New tests were supposed to be avaliable in 2020 but I fear lyme is not the main problem now.

Yes I have tested my taurine in a blood test. I have to say this exam may be free or not depending your country.

Cursed : thanks for article.
I can just say there is link between my Pois and my gut. i don't understand how does it work.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 03:25:20 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #275 on: April 24, 2020, 10:29:26 PM »
Welcome back, b_jim!

swell

« Reply #276 on: April 26, 2020, 04:13:47 AM »
Hehe, did you think you'll catch Covid by visiting this forum :)

Hi. Sorry I left the forum for a long time. I was very anxious because of coronavirus.
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #277 on: May 19, 2020, 10:54:58 AM »
Accidentally stumbled on this, dumping it here:
In vitro and in vivo Antiallergic Effects of Taurine on Allergic Rhinitis

"Conclusion: Taurine could potentially serve as a therapeutic treatment for allergic disorders."

FernandoPOIS

• 40 year old. POIS Since I was 28. Dopamine heals.
« Reply #278 on: May 19, 2020, 02:18:04 PM »
Hi Everyone
What dose should I take to have the benefits?
Should I take it before or after O?
Or should I take it daily?
My POIS only happens with masturbation. Normal sex does not generate POIS symptoms. My POIS is related to me mood and the health of my cervical spine. Dopamine/Inflammation/Body constitution (genetics) are factors that contribute to POIS.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2020, 02:28:44 PM »
I get a minor effect if I drink about 1 g of Taurine disolved into water ~1 hour before O. I don't notice any effect if there is much less time than 45 min between intake and time of O. Not meant as advice but that is my experience.